PDA

View Full Version : jonesing for a new revolver

mayo 111
09-24-2011, 8:35 PM
Ive been having cravings to get a new revolver.. my snub nose model 36 is currently out of commission until I get it fixed. I would prefer one from the list of smith and wesson revolvers in my sig. but since most of those are off roster, or less popular calibers, and I am a poor college student whos money is currently all going into an AR build, Im considering other options..

and when I say other options, I dont mean a ruger or a taurus. i mean what other S&W revolvers are fairly common that are either .38 special, or .357.. I would prefer something blued, as I am not a fan of stainless steel or nickel guns but I may be open to something new.. Unfortunately I have pretty small hands, so larger framed revolvers arent really gonna work out.. anyways.. Ive been looking and so far a model 10 or 27 may be my best bet, I was also thinking about maybe getting a 438 and making a tactical snub nose :p .. but if my fellow calgunners have a suggestion, please, by all means, suggest away.

but for now I have really no money, but I can possibly figure something out for my next purchase. because I know for a fact after my AR is finished my next gun will for sure be another revolver.

MrOrange
09-25-2011, 2:55 PM
hmmm... I'm thinking a 2 1/2" M19, the classic "tactical snub nose".

The N-frame 21, 27 and 58 are probably going to be too big for your hands, unless you get the slim Magna grips, and those make it hard to hang onto especially when firing heavy loads.

shooting4life
09-25-2011, 5:24 PM
Get a 27. You can get grips that fit your hands. See my signature on how to get them from out of state.
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu30/shooting4life/IMG_2945.jpg

ckprax
09-25-2011, 5:36 PM
I would look for a M19. The M27 is an N frame and may be too large for your hands. You can also look into the M586 and M581 (fixed sights), they are L frames which falls right between the K and N frames and was designed specifically for shooting .357Mag.

scarville
09-25-2011, 6:40 PM
I would look for a M19. The M27 is an N frame and may be too large for your hands. You can also look into the M586 and M581 (fixed sights), they are L frames which falls right between the K and N frames and was designed specifically for shooting .357Mag.
From the bottom ofthe cylinder down, the L-frame revolver is the same size as the K-frame so if you can handle a K, you can, probably, handle an L. Like the OP I have middling small hands and the N-frames are a bit large for me. The K and L frames fit me like a glove.

The M19 (or M66 is you want SS) is a pretty good choice if you want a 357 and don't want an L-frame. If I were limited to a K-frame, I would probably opt for the M16 or M67 (I like stainless steel revolvers :)) but those are 38 spl.

mayo 111
09-25-2011, 7:18 PM

From the bottom ofthe cylinder down, the L-frame revolver is the same size as the K-frame so if you can handle a K, you can, probably, handle an L. Like the OP I have middling small hands and the N-frames are a bit large for me. The K and L frames fit me like a glove.

The M19 (or M66 is you want SS) is a pretty good choice if you want a 357 and don't want an L-frame. If I were limited to a K-frame, I would probably opt for the M16 or M67 (I like stainless steel revolvers :)) but those are 38 spl.

thanks, ill definitely look into the 19