PDA

View Full Version : Double feeds with my LMT

santacruzstefan
09-24-2011, 5:15 PM
So it always happens on the second to last round, out of self-modified 10/20 Pmags with the Mag Blocks someone makes on here, but I forget who. Could it be a magazine problem, a buffer problem (I think this is a carbine buffer), or maybe something else? It doesn't happen every time either, but when it does it seems to always be that 9th round.

MrPlink
09-24-2011, 5:28 PM
Try the easy stuff first, dif mags and go from there

tennisman
09-24-2011, 5:38 PM
my ar did the same thing , sent the p mag back to callegalmags , he sent me a new mag and the problem went away, hope this helps.

Dhena81
09-24-2011, 10:20 PM
So it always happens on the second to last round, out of self-modified 10/20 Pmags with the Mag Blocks someone makes on here, but I forget who. Could it be a magazine problem, a buffer problem (I think this is a carbine buffer), or maybe something else? It doesn't happen every time either, but when it does it seems to always be that 9th round.

Change the magazine as far as I know all LMT's have a carbine buffer tube I don't understand what your talking about how many rounds do you have through the gun what model is it anyways? Double feeds might be a sign of extraction issues so maybe a bolt rebuild kit.

santacruzstefan
09-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Change the magazine as far as I know all LMT's have a carbine buffer tube I don't understand what your talking about how many rounds do you have through the gun what model is it anyways? Double feeds might be a sign of extraction issues so maybe a bolt rebuild kit.

Its a MRP, probably 800 rounds through it. I'm leaning on the magazines being the problem, especially considering the place at which it consistently jams, and the fact that the gun is in good shape, and LMT is a terrific company.

CC Gunsmithing
09-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I'd try different magazines, factory ten rounders, other blocked magazines to start... Sounds like the follower spring is pushing a little too much on the last couple rounds...

hayaku
09-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Its a MRP, probably 800 rounds through it. I'm leaning on the magazines being the problem, especially considering the place at which it consistently jams, and the fact that the gun is in good shape, and LMT is a terrific company.

mrp pistons come with h2 buffers. but your problem sounds mag related. try another mag...

santacruzstefan
09-25-2011, 12:14 AM
mrp pistons come with h2 buffers. but your problem sounds mag related. try another mag...

No, this is the DI, not the piston. As I understand it, they only have carbine buffers.

AeroEngi
09-25-2011, 12:56 AM
I agree with everyone. It definitely sounds like a mag problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

NSR500
09-25-2011, 1:59 AM
Mag

Colt-45
09-25-2011, 7:08 PM
Like everyone else has said, try mags first. Cheapest way to find out.