PDA

View Full Version : rock river pds carbine stock lock?

nickyrr
09-24-2011, 2:31 PM
Anybody here knows if there any way to lock the stock for the rock river pds carbine?

tomd1584
09-24-2011, 3:07 PM
Not sure if anyone makes something to lock it up...But i know there was a company that did something for the SCAR & ACR folding stock, they posted it around here several months back...

My question is, are you that much in love with the rifle to take away the functionality of the folding stock? Seems pointless to me. I'd rather add a extended flash hider and keep the folding capabilities, while maintaining 30" OAL.

MrPlink
09-24-2011, 3:27 PM
Seems pointless to me. I'd rather add a extended flash hider and keep the folding capabilities, while maintaining 30" OAL.

I would argue that lengthening something so you can "shorten" it is pointless.

If I cut the bottom off a blanket and sow it to the top, would you say that blanket is shorter now?

If its only a couple inches, then so be it, but usually these types of things require more than that, what you end up with is the same functionality if it did not fold and extra weight of an extended FH or fake can etc etc

but Im sure it can be locked, either buy it from a FFL that is used to doing these sorts of things, or buy it disassembled and figure out your own method

Killawhale415
09-24-2011, 3:41 PM
This is the carbine with the folding stock correct?

If so id just buy the upper and plop it on a lower with a standard stock.

tomd1584
09-24-2011, 3:45 PM
I would argue that lengthening something so you can "shorten" it is pointless.

If I cut the bottom off a blanket and sow it to the top, would you say that blanket is shorter now?

If its only a couple inches, then so be it, but usually these types of things require more than that, what you end up with is the same functionality if it did not fold and extra weight of an extended FH or fake can etc etc

but Im sure it can be locked, either buy it from a FFL that is used to doing these sorts of things, or buy it disassembled and figure out your own method

Believe me, I'm not disagreeing with you at all.

But that rifle is essentially like any other AR-15 type rifle if you disable the folding stock- not like its a SCAR or ACR or XCR.... and Since we have to deal with the 30" OAL here in CA, adding a 4" +/- extended flash hider will atleast allow you to retain the folding stock (the entire point of RRA introducing this weapon, right?)

But then again i'm not one who see's the practicality of shooting with the stock closed, atleast not in CA civilian status :)

MrPlink
09-24-2011, 3:54 PM
(the entire point of RRA introducing this weapon, right?)

was it?
I always figured it was primarily marketed as another piston driven AR... ?

nickyrr
09-24-2011, 5:00 PM
I travel back and forth to NV and as long as the rifle is not permanently locked I'm okay with it. Doesn't really bother me if I can't fold the stock as long as its not permanent. Id rather do that than extend the barrel to meet that stupid 30

nickyrr
09-24-2011, 5:02 PM
I already bought the rifle... Just a matter of making it state legal.