PDA

View Full Version : WTB/ rescue/ open home to a large breed puppy/dog

MustangO4
09-24-2011, 12:05 PM
I just had to put to sleep the best dog in my life. She was a white boxer and the healthiest, smartest dog I ever had and made it 14 wonderful years.

We have an English bulldog (6year old) and a French Mastiff (3years old) and have always been a three dog family; we have no children.

We are looking to get a new FEMALE dog in the next few months and I thought I would look here to see if anyone on the forum has any leads.

We would take the right dog as old as a year if there were no major issues. We would want to meet parents and know medical history, shot history etc. We naturally would pay (trade guns etc) as appropriate for the right dog. I would rather pay for a good health history than take over a unhealthy dog. We have done that and it is not what I am looking for. Mixes are okay too.

Looking for a large breed, short hair and good social breed. Mastiffs (French or English), American Bulldog type dogs. Rotts and Pits considered, but it would be case by case and we would want to meet parents for sure. Sorry, but no boxers, our first two were boxers and it would be too emotional to have another right now.

Thanks for taking time to look. John

I miss you baby.....
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMGA0347.JPG

The other two. They miss their sister and would love a new buddy:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/photo201.jpg

clbshooter
09-24-2011, 2:39 PM
Try DobermanResq.com tell them what you want and they will try to make it happen. A lot of their dogs come from good homes that they just can't keep any longer. The Dog I adopted was from an 84 year old woman that lost her house and was going into a nursing home. I got her Vet's info and talked to the ladies family. She will not leave my side. My family has been involved in Doberman rescue since the mid-70's. Google the breed and you will find that they are very smart dogs.

OC-Indian
09-24-2011, 2:42 PM
Sorry for your loss. Try Craigslist. Lots of dogs need homes

MustangO4
09-24-2011, 3:57 PM
Thanks guys. We have friends with dobies and they are good dogs, but we are more into the bully/ mastiff type breeds.

I appreciate the condolences and hadn't thought of CL. That is a great idea.

Killawhale415
09-26-2011, 7:36 AM
Skip craigslist, try your local shelter.

Shellshocker66
09-26-2011, 7:42 AM
Sorry for your loss!

Your like my friend who loves her dogs with lots of drool :)

I will keep my eyes and ears open for what your looking for.

MustangO4
09-26-2011, 8:03 AM
Thanks for all the words of support. We found a good looking litter of French Mastiffs that were just born that we put our name on the list for. Thanks for all the condolences and suggestions. It has been horrible loosing our girl, but this is giving us something to look forward to.

http://socalfrenchmastiffs.com/Puppies_Puppies_Puppies.html

cadmium
09-26-2011, 3:15 PM
Skip craigslist, try your local shelter.

shelters are a joke, try a local rescue. It may take a couple of tries as most rescues are full but if you keep trying and do a little research I'm sure you could find one to take your dog. I would but I think my girlfriend would kill me in my sleep if I brought home another big dog.

Killawhale415
09-26-2011, 3:38 PM
nah thats talk from someone thats never had anything to do with a shelter

QuarterBoreGunner
09-26-2011, 3:42 PM
Ah, man, your Dogue de Bordeaux is good looking; we have a Neapolitan Mastiff and I know what you mean - big dogs need other big dogs.

Good luck!