PDA

View Full Version : Please learn how to Carry Concealed Safely guys... Looking at you Mr. Rocklin

Shenaniguns
09-24-2011, 12:36 PM
http://www.news10.net/news/article/156062/2/Flying-bullets-not-only-on-the-big-screen

"Rocklin police responded to the scene at 6692 Lonetree Bvld. Cpl. Adrian Passadore said the man adjusted the weapon, which was sticking him in the stomach when the gun discharged."

RangemasterP226
09-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Would like to know more details. Did he have a holster? Why does he have a CCW? Or was he LEO? How exactly did the trigger get pulled????

Shenaniguns
09-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Read the story, that's all I know right now.

RazzB7
09-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Seems like an odd method of carry if it's in your stomach while you're sitting.

He was at the concession stand. I assume he was standing.

Jasonaspears
09-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm interested in heading more details about this. Seems fishy to me.

Shenaniguns
09-24-2011, 12:58 PM
What's fishy? He could be carrying in his appendix area IWB, smartcarry, belly band etc...

safewaysecurity
09-24-2011, 1:01 PM
Seems like an odd method of carry if it's in your stomach while you're sitting.

Appendix carry? I don't know how you accidentally discharge a holstered gun unless the hammer is exposed or something.

Jasonaspears
09-24-2011, 1:02 PM
And adjusting it while carrying this way would discharge your weapon? That's what is fishy to me. All of my IWB holsters protect the trigger...

okglockman
09-24-2011, 1:05 PM
It should take squeezing the trigger to cause the hammer to hit. Definately something fishy about this.

RazzB7
09-24-2011, 1:09 PM
It should take squeezing the trigger to cause the hammer to hit. Definately something fishy about this.

Musta been a Glock! :hide:

Shenaniguns
09-24-2011, 1:15 PM
It's not brain surgery, some here are assuming he had a holster... Much less a decent one that covers the trigger, and the fact that it even stayed holstered while being adjusted. Who's to say he didn't have a Clipdraw?

OC-Indian
09-24-2011, 1:16 PM
I call BS

zod
09-24-2011, 1:17 PM

HaHa. Or a 1911 :hide:

RangemasterP226
09-24-2011, 1:23 PM
Did the OP start this thread just to insult and/or argue with everyone who responds to this article?

OP, I DID read the article. I know you don't have anymore details, I was just putting the question out there, Holy ****.

NoJoke
09-24-2011, 1:24 PM
What's fishy? He could be carrying in his appendix area IWB, smartcarry, belly band etc...

I've wondered about the smart carry. It's the way I would want to carry, since I sit a lot and this is the most comfortable, most concealed way to carry while sitting. BUT, I have little ones (2 yo). Sometimes she jumps up on my lap and bounces around. The smart carry is all cloth, could the trigger get squeezed if the pants bunched up while sitting? Little ones? Any smart carry reports out there on negligent discharges????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/SmartCarry/SmartCarry002-1.jpg

Shenaniguns
09-24-2011, 1:25 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/b6poaa.jpg

Shenaniguns
09-24-2011, 1:26 PM
Did the OP start this thread just to insult and/or argue with everyone who responds to this article?

OP, I DID read the article. I know you don't have anymore details, I was just putting the question out there, Holy ****.

Yeah it was put up to argue :rolleyes:

Or maybe put up to educate the new LTC guys into safely carrying concealed to avoid these mistakes.

Dannicus
09-24-2011, 2:10 PM

That's asking for a ND.:facepalm:

lawaia
09-24-2011, 2:59 PM
It had to have been in a Serpa holster. Those things are DANGEROUS!

RazzB7
09-24-2011, 3:09 PM
It had to have been in a Serpa holster. Those things are DANGEROUS!

If he was "adjusting" it as claimed, I don't see how a Serpa holster could have been involved. Every Serpa holster I've ever seen, the trigger is completely enclosed.

Dannicus
09-24-2011, 3:11 PM
If he was "adjusting" it as claimed, I don't see how a Serpa holster could have been involved. Every Serpa holster I've ever seen, the trigger is completely enclosed.

Really?

:facepalm:

stormvet
09-24-2011, 3:16 PM
HaHa. Or a 1911 :hide:

As the poopoo is stirred, I believe he was just voicing his displeasure at the high cost of theater concession food.

InGrAM
09-24-2011, 3:33 PM
He was probably carrying it "Mexican style." :facepalm: That is the only way I could picture it happening. I hope he didn't blow his manhood off. I will never carry a firearm anywhere near my fella down stairs, it is just asking for problems. I know some people like it and some people are very fast with a belly band, but why chance it? :confused:

InGrAM
09-24-2011, 3:36 PM

+1. The glocks pre-set (striker-fried) trigger is way too short for carrying like that. You need a long DAO trigger if you are to carry a gun "Mexican style" with a belt/pant clip.

aermotor
09-24-2011, 4:53 PM
Dude was carrying illegal and is prolly a tard.

FRIZZLEFRY
09-24-2011, 4:59 PM

Because its a Glock :p

Dannicus
09-24-2011, 5:03 PM
Because its a Glock :p

Yup. Lotta good that safe action trigger does.

chiselchst
09-24-2011, 5:12 PM

How did you reach that conclusion?

"The man was in legal possession of the gun, Passadore said."

lawaia
09-24-2011, 5:40 PM

Guess I should have posted one of these...........:)

aermotor
09-24-2011, 5:54 PM
How did you reach that conclusion?

Which part? Illegal or tard?

tacticalcity
09-24-2011, 5:59 PM

Better hide behind the couch. Kidding, of course. ;)

Sounds odd to me as well. Maybe a shoulder holster of some kind. Usually NDs like this sort are a guy NOT using a holster and just have it tucked into their waist band. Maybe he pulled it completely out of his pants with the shirt inbetween him and the gun, to where it was above his gut, fumbled it, and in trying to resecure it accidentally pulled the trigger. A whole lot of things have to go wrong all in a row to pull something like this off. So I would imagine its some complicate and convoluted scenerio and not A-B-C simple. The only thing simple about it is we know he did something stupid.

tacticalcity
09-24-2011, 6:05 PM

Must be living under a rock. While I doubt one was used in this case there are an abnormally high number of NDs associated with the Serpa push button holsters. In the users haste their finger slips off the button area as they pull up, slips into the trigger well, and BOOM! Several large schools have stopped letting students use them during their courses, and I am told several departments banned their use.

Non-push button models do not have this issue. It is the position of the button that is the issue. The combination of pushing the button and pulling upwards sort of becomes like tapping your head and rubbing your belly for enough people to be a safety issue.

Bill Carson
09-24-2011, 6:07 PM

Glock Gut. He was at the concession stand though so maybe it was a junior mint malfunction.

tacticalcity
09-24-2011, 6:09 PM
+1. The glocks pre-set (striker-fried) trigger is way too short for carrying like that. You need a long DAO trigger if you are to carry a gun "Mexican style" with a belt/pant clip.

Carrying any gun that way is dumb. You're kidding yourself if you think a heavier trigger solves the problem. Under stress of a real incident that heavy trigger will feel light as a feather and BOOM there goes Big Willie and the twins! You always want that trigger well encased in some sort a holster that can prevent it from being pulled.

InGrAM
09-24-2011, 6:47 PM
Carrying any gun that way is dumb. You're kidding yourself if you think a heavier trigger solves the problem. Under stress of a real incident that heavy trigger will feel light as a feather and BOOM there goes Big Willie and the twins! You always want that trigger well encased in some sort a holster that can prevent it from being pulled.

No, actually I am not kidding myself. You are underestimating your training. It is ALL about trigger control. Don't put your finger on the trigger and it will not go bang ;) (but I am sure you know that, right?) A heavy + long trigger pull is very safe to carry with a belt clip. Anything with a short, low weight trigger pull is not.

Also, what are you talking about? Are you talking about a situation when you need to use your gun, or just daily CC? In either event why would it go off accidentally? Only an idiot would set his own firearm off, especially when it is in the FRONT of your body, pointed at your genitals...

motorwerks
09-24-2011, 9:22 PM

The man was in legal possession of the gun, Passadore said.

:confused:

Tubbie
09-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Well, hopefully he's a Calgunner, read this post and give a play-by-play on what happened. I'd like to know how to avoid this boo-boo move.

Canucky
09-24-2011, 11:32 PM
My guess is dip**** had butter fingers from the popcorn:lurk5:

Tiberius
09-24-2011, 11:39 PM
It couldn't have been a Glock - don't those only shoot you in the leg?

Or could it be some new model of Glock?

chiselchst
09-25-2011, 1:17 AM
Which part? Illegal or tard?

Why don't we start with illegal...

reckoner
09-25-2011, 1:25 AM
Holy ****, that theater is by my girlfriend's house. We've been there many times.

I am NOT forwarding this story to her, especially since she's a little antsy about me possibly getting a CCW...

kimber_ss
09-25-2011, 3:48 AM
Not supposed to carry your roscoe between you legs. That's reserved for well ............... you know. :)

HighLander51
09-25-2011, 7:08 AM
gun accidentally went off…when his gun discharged around 8:50 p.m.
the man adjusted the weapon, which was sticking him in the stomach when the gun discharged. police found one casing and no damage.
The man was in legal possession of the gun

Truth news “Gun goes bang when trigger is pulled. No description of the weapon, caliber or if a holster was, or was not involved, was given. Police are reasonably certain a semi auto was involved as a casing was recovered”

In legal possession is not the same as having a CCW permit.

HighLander51
09-25-2011, 7:34 AM

That’s not right either, not to mention the shooters hideous choice of color and fashion combinations. Please…. Aquamarine against beige, those colors are so fighting with each other, and the faux leather belt? He must be on his way to a public golf course.

Here is the correct way, Clip Draw is between the pants and the belt and the trigger is not exposed. G31 with Carry Clip shown outside the shirt for clarity. Notice how the blue print Reyn Spooner Hawaiian compliments the dark blue levis, very stylish.

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image34479.jpg

Brian1979
09-25-2011, 8:28 AM
I use the Clip Draw as well and the gun will come to rest as picture in Highlanders bottom photo. There is no way to keep the gun canted like the above pic anyway.

I am a bit more paranoid so when I carry with the clip draw it is in conjunction with a Trigger Vanguard which is a piece of kydex that snaps over the trigger making it impossible to be touched until it is pulled off by the lanyard attached to it and anchored to a belt loop.

Colt
09-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Was this guy's real name Plaxico?

scarville
09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
It couldn't have been a Glock - don't those only shoot you in the leg?

Or could it be some new model of Glock?
It's called the "Nylon Nutcracker". It's a Glock knockoff made in China as part of an evil plot to emasculate American gun owners so it will be easier for them to take all the property of US government when the dollar finishes collapsing.

morfeeis
09-25-2011, 2:39 PM
thats what i was thinking.......

Rumline
09-26-2011, 2:42 AM
In legal possession is not the same as having a CCW permit.
Umm...isn't it? If he didn't have a CCW (sorry...LTC) how could he have been legally in possession of a concealed firearm outside of his home??

adrenaline
09-26-2011, 4:55 AM
Umm...isn't it? If he didn't have a CCW (sorry...LTC) how could he have been legally in possession of a concealed firearm outside of his home??Maybe the media doesn't know how to correctly convey the story. They were told that the gun was legally registered to the man and the media just published their knowledge of the subject without the additional research.

Andy Taylor
11-04-2011, 5:35 PM
Any new info on this?