PDA

View Full Version : What shooting style do most criminals use if/when they ever shoot at police?

RMP91
09-24-2011, 10:35 AM
In all of the police shootout videos I've seen on youtube, I've noticed that a lot of BGs use a variety of shooting stances.

Most use one hand.

Others go "Gangster" style

A lot of them just fire blindly

And few actually use two hands.

In your experience (if any), what was the style most used?

Samuelx
09-24-2011, 3:04 PM
If I were to guess, mostly shooting back while running away...

TheExpertish
09-24-2011, 4:40 PM
If I were to guess, mostly shooting back while running away...

^This. I liked the one where the perp was doing this and ended up blasting himself. I think he won a Darwin for that one.

fullrearview
09-24-2011, 5:44 PM
There is a good study on this... Most use a point shooting method.

Notorious
09-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Same as anyone else who doesn't know what they are doing, including some police and military personnel who are supposedly trained.

lavgrunt
09-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Seriously ???!!! This is what it's come to ?? We now have 'effin polls on what shooting stance criminals use when shooting at cops ???!!!!!

Here's an option for ya:.......I have no friggin' clue......I was TO DAMN SCARED !!!!

BigDogatPlay
09-26-2011, 1:56 PM
This was covered at length in the first chapter of the original "Street Survival" volume. While the book is somewhat dated, and the playing field has doubtlessly been jaded by three plus decades of Hollywood and gangsta BS, criminal shooters with a handgun tend to use one hand and point the gun in the general direction of their intended target, similar to the old "point shoulder" method that many greybeard LEOs were taught when they breaking in.

Kind of like this.....

http://warriortalknews.typepad.com/.a/6a0133ec985af6970b014e896f01b1970d-pi

Mikeb
09-26-2011, 2:00 PM
I believe the most popular shooting style for gangsters is "spray and pray". That is just a guess judging from news reports.
Mike

gogogadget
09-29-2011, 2:31 PM
Running away and shooting like a coward. R.I.P. Officer Gray, Merced P.D. multiple arrests came from this incident years ago. Sad topic you bring up but is relevant in keeping officer safety.

gogogadget
09-29-2011, 2:32 PM
Running away and shooting like a coward. R.I.P. Officer Gray, Merced P.D. multiple arrests came from that incident years ago. Sad topic you bring up but is relevant in keeping officer safety. Know your enemy. Stay safe