PDA

View Full Version : Finished my DoubleDiamond 9mm build

shark92651
09-24-2011, 9:29 AM
Thought some of you may want to check this out. I built this from a Double Diamond Law Enforcement Supply (DDLES) billet lower. Upper receiver is VLTOR MUR without FA, BCG, Barrel, and A2 hider are from Spikes Tactical, forearm is a Daniel Defense Modular Float Rail. Magpul furniture, Troy sights, BCM Gunfighter, a Raddlock AR, and a blocked Metalform magazine finish it up. I haven't bothered with a 9mm gas deflector yet but will know if I really need it after I shoot it this weekend. We still have a small number of the DDLES 9mm lowers in stock if anyone is interested in one.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6174/6178036203_4c9cc2d9bf_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6159/6178036253_b041850d5e_b.jpg

tomd1584
09-24-2011, 10:47 AM
that thing is awesome, I really liked those lowers and have been thinking about getting one. Perhaps a trip to RG is in my near future...

chead
09-24-2011, 10:54 AM
So good. DDLES makes great stuff.

shark92651
09-25-2011, 7:14 PM
Took the new 9mm to OnTarget today and put about 120 rounds through it. It performed flawlessly - just needed to zero the rear sight a bit. I'm really pleased with the way it performs. This build is using a regular AR15 hammer and a ramped bolt from Spikes. Bolt hold open works great, really everything performed great, not a single misfeed. :D

ryee30
09-25-2011, 7:27 PM
That is awesome! I bought a DDLES lower from RifleGear a few weeks ago. Just waiting on a few more parts to finish.

What magazines are you using?

shark92651
09-26-2011, 6:35 AM
That is awesome! I bought a DDLES lower from RifleGear a few weeks ago. Just waiting on a few more parts to finish.

What magazines are you using?

I'm using some blocked Metalform 20 round magazines. 10 round 9mm mags are a little hard to find right now but we may be getting some in soon.

chead
09-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Is this in the shop? I'm coming by tonight to do a transfer and I'd love to touch on it :)

CHS
09-26-2011, 1:05 PM
David, if you haven't already, you might want to either swap the buffer out for a Spikes extended 9mm buffer, or get their rear receiver extension spacer to use a standard 9mm buffer.

Otherwise, you can break bolt catches.

That's the LAST thing I need to do for my 9mm and it's truly "done".

shark92651
09-26-2011, 2:16 PM
David, if you haven't already, you might want to either swap the buffer out for a Spikes extended 9mm buffer, or get their rear receiver extension spacer to use a standard 9mm buffer.

Otherwise, you can break bolt catches.

That's the LAST thing I need to do for my 9mm and it's truly "done".

I've got an RRA 9mm in there now. What does the spacer do - limit the carrier movement?

Is this in the shop? I'm coming by tonight to do a transfer and I'd love to touch on it :)

Yes, it is here today and you can check it out. What time are you coming by?

chead
09-26-2011, 2:23 PM
6:30ish, I'm stoked to see it! I haven't been able to see a DDLES 9mm anywhere but the internet thus far :)

CHS
09-26-2011, 3:26 PM
I've got an RRA 9mm in there now. What does the spacer do - limit the carrier movement?

Exactly. The bolt has about 3/4" more movement than a standard BCG, so it's got that much extra space to build up speed before slamming into the bolt catch. This leads to premature failure of the bolt catch. It's the one real problem with Colt style 9mm's.

The spacer gets rid of that problem. Spikes also sells a buffer that you can use without the spacer, which has the extra space built-in.

franktank8883
02-25-2013, 9:02 AM
I agree they make some sweet stuff but there customer service sucks really bad .i ordered a stock conversion for my sig 556 and 2 monthes later no part no email no phone call they don't answer there phones they do not answer emails .now that I have filed a credit card fraud claim they are emailing me but have not refunded me my money all I'm getting is excuses .i cannot believe that a company that build parts as good as these treats there customers in this fashion . before anyone orders parts from them you might check first.try calling them or emailing them see what kind of response you get before you give them any money.again I have seen there parts at my gunsmiths shop on other customer guns and they are awesome .but me and 6 others that have ordered parts are having similar problems.

JamminJ
02-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Thats a really nice build, bet it will be a blast to shoot!

I have one of the lowers and hopefully one day my upper will come off "backorder" status.