PDA

View Full Version : So wait its technically 30+10=40 days between handguns in CA?

Rauwelt
09-24-2011, 4:35 AM
The last handgun I bought new was on 9/6?
Which means I can start the DROS for the new one on 10/7 correct??
And pick it up on the 17th of October?

halifax
09-24-2011, 5:11 AM
720 hrs between DROS submittal times. So, that sounds almost correct. You could do the second DROS 720 hrs + 1 minute (10/6) after the first but that's cutting it close.

Still only 30 days between taking possession of each. :o

davbog44
09-24-2011, 5:26 AM
About a year and half ago I bought a pistol, and when I went in ten days later to pick it up I bought another one. The sales gal pulled the old, "I think I have one in the back" regarding a pistol I was admiring while she was squaring away my pick up paperwork on the first pistol.

It was explained to me at that time that the two DROS forms had to be submitted to DOJ 30 days apart. So in theory at least, a ten day wait on gun #1 could start ticking away while the 30 day wait before DROS on #2 could be submitted is ticking away.

In other words, depending on how you time it, you should be able to take possession of a new handgun every 30 days, not 40.

In my specific case, I only had to wait about 20 days (3 weeks-ish) to go back in, finish the paperwork on #2, and have them submit the DROS on that one.

Please note I am not quoting chapter and verse on the law, and your best bet would probably be to get advice over in the FFL section here. But I can tell you that in my own case, there was no hiccup or issue with DOJ.

Rauwelt
09-24-2011, 5:29 AM
About a year and half ago I bought a pistol, and when I went in ten days later to pick it up I bought another one. The sales gal pulled the old, "I think I have one in the back" regarding a pistol I was admiring while she was squaring away my pick up paperwork on the first pistol.

It was explained to me at that time that the two DROS forms had to be submitted to DOJ 30 days apart. So in theory at least, a ten day wait on gun #1 could start ticking away while the 30 day wait before DROS on #2 could be submitted is ticking away.

In other words, depending on how you time it, you should be able to take possession of a new handgun every 30 days, not 40.

In my specific case, I only had to wait about 20 days (3 weeks-ish) to go back in, finish the paperwork on #2, and have them submit the DROS on that one.

Please note I am not quoting chapter and verse on the law, and your best bet would probably be to get advice over in the FFL section here. But I can tell you that in my own case, there was no hiccup or issue with DOJ.
I've heard that too...
How do you take possession in 30 days..this .45 I have isn't cheap to go to the range with...Hence I bought that XD9 lol which I'm waiting for :(

VegasND
09-24-2011, 6:55 AM
Insane and needlessly frustrating. Even your private transfers requie a ten day wait.

I guess if you have to put up with it, you do. But, it must be infuriating at times.

rogervzv
09-24-2011, 8:11 AM
Insane and needlessly frustrating. Even your private transfers requie a ten day wait.

I guess if you have to put up with it, you do. But, it must be infuriating at times.

We will put up with it as long as these people keep electing Democrats. Which apparently means we will be putting up with this junk forever.

OC-Indian
09-24-2011, 8:21 AM
FYI - PPT has no limits. I just did two DROS's in the same day. 5.56 pistol and 44mag revolver for $925

Fishslayer
09-24-2011, 11:41 AM
.45 I have isn't cheap to go to the range with...Hence I bought that XD9 lol which I'm waiting for :(

So now you need to order two sets of dies when you order up your reloading press? :D