View Full Version : how to cleaning a mosquito

Domingo
09-23-2011, 9:09 PM
Im looking for some advise on how to clean a mosquito
I bought one a couple months ago and put arround 2000 plus
rounds trew it after every range outing I get home clean the barrel
brush or snake bore but I have not taken the hole gun apart say the triger
assembly hammer and clean that should I do that or thats somenthing
the does not realy need it any advise will be apreciated. is it easy to do any pointers. thanks Domingo

CALI SHOT DOC
09-23-2011, 9:48 PM
I wouldn't. The farthest i have broken down my mosquito is barrel off and the grips off. It's not very easy. I had the spring for the slide lock lever pop out and it took me about an 45min to find the spring and another hour to put it back in cause there isn't much room to put your hands in there.

sw99
09-23-2011, 9:55 PM
have you checked out the advice on the Sig web site...

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/MaintenanceGuides.aspx

Tzvia
09-23-2011, 10:01 PM
I agree with CALI SHOT.

I took the mag release out once and almost lost a small spring. It was a pain to put together. So I just do the slide off the frame, clean the barrel, scrub with nylon brush. If needed, I flush the frame with MPro-7, wipe dry then drip a small amount of oil in the hammer/trigger mech before lubing the rails.

Had mine since '07 and put a lot of rounds through it and it eats Blazer without a bobble. Aint broke, don't fix.

Domingo
09-23-2011, 10:35 PM
thank you good to know
now what about a triger job
any gunsmith in north cal east bay

m1a1driver
09-23-2011, 11:28 PM
yea getting that slide release lever spring back in was a ****... I had to send it back to sig, they were nice and fixed it and cleaned the gun free of charge, even after the 2 year warranty...

baz152
09-24-2011, 12:50 AM
I would pull off the wings and then use a real small cutting tool to open up the thorax and remove the guts. I would not eat it though because you do not know who's blood it may have sucked.

santamonica9
09-24-2011, 1:10 AM
I would pull off the wings and then use a real small cutting tool to open up the thorax and remove the guts. I would not eat it though because you do not know who's blood it may have sucked.

:offtopic: