PDA

View Full Version : Confused/Looking for optic

Ziggy91
09-23-2011, 5:17 PM
Hey Calguns,

Looking for an optic for my AR15 that can easily be used for 100+ yards at the range. Basically, if you look at your computer screen and imagine a target on it, I want the target at 100 yards to be at least 1/4 of the screen through the glass... if that makes any sense. Would this be possible for +/- $500? BTW it must look cool... that's very important ;)

O yeah another thing, which sizes/magnifications should I look for? I see 3-9x24 or whatever and I don't understand it...

Any help is appreciated...

Fjold
09-23-2011, 6:05 PM
Look at it this way: A 9 power scope will make your target look like it's 11 yards away.

Roll up a piece of paper into a 1" tube and look through it at your target from 10 feet away, then move back until you get the view of the target that you like.

When you find the distance where you like the size of the target, divide that distance into 300 feet and that's the power scope that you need.

If the target looks best to you at 20 feet, divide 300 by 20 and you will find that you need 15 power scope.

1lostinspace
09-23-2011, 6:07 PM
I saw a guy selling a Leopold for cheap let me see if I can find the thread

here you go. I asked if he would trade but wan't cash

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=471439

rero360
09-23-2011, 6:26 PM
I say go for the Counter Sniper scope from Dark Ops, you'll get mad retarded props at the range sporting that bad boy, I mean it has hard earth coating for goodness sake, that just makes the panties drop. Don't even get me started on the Zirilibrium coating on the lenses, that sh*t makes it so you can see like a freaking hawk.

Plus they are govt. overruns so you know you are getting an awesome deal.

Ziggy91
09-23-2011, 8:05 PM
Look at it this way: A 9 power scope will make your target look like it's 11 yards away.

Roll up a piece of paper into a 1" tube and look through it at your target from 10 feet away, then move back until you get the view of the target that you like.

When you find the distance where you like the size of the target, divide that distance into 300 feet and that's the power scope that you need.

If the target looks best to you at 20 feet, divide 300 by 20 and you will find that you need 15 power scope.

You're a genius....

:D

Damn it! I wanted that Leupold but it's got a duplex retical...

Thanks for the info guys, gotta love calguns...