PDA

View Full Version : Which M1a should I get?

email
09-23-2011, 2:57 PM
Recently, a JAE100 G2 stocked dropped into my hands. I don't have anything to put in it.

Which model would be ideal for this stock?

Socom 16 and Socom II are out, due to short barrel.

Supermatch? National Match? Pros/cons?

jcaoloveshine
09-23-2011, 2:59 PM
Considering the JAE100 G2 is a precision stock, drop the most precise rifle in.

Start from the Supermatch and work your way down depending on what you have.

As far as pros/cons go....it's a good stock that is less bulky than the EBR chassis while you still maintain the drop mag feature.

email
09-23-2011, 3:45 PM
I was curious which rifle would be the most accurate in stock form. The chassis is just icing on the cake.
I don't want to spend extra money on the factory "upgraded" stock, and that's why I asked.

I didn't know which model was most appropriate for upgrading to a better stock.

jcaoloveshine
09-23-2011, 3:51 PM
The Loaded is probably best bang for your buck.

The only upgrades I can think of the NM has over the Loaded is the 1/2MOA NM rear sight (which is moot if you're upgrading to JAE, implying you will use optics anyway) as well as the bedded wood stock (again, moot since you have a new stock).

So, if it were me I'd get a 22" Loaded and toss that sucker in the JAE.

Of course, if money really is no option to you and you want the very best, then snag a Supermatch. There's one for sale right now in your exact configuration for 2900 (dude is going through a divorce, comes with JAE + Supermatch + Swarovski scope).

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=480761&highlight=supermatch

I'm surprised that gun is not sold yet. He's local to you too. Don't you love it when the stars align?

Sicarius
09-23-2011, 4:04 PM
Get the loaded model. It has the match trigger, NM barrel and the only thing it is lacking from the actual NM is the bedded stock and rear hooded sight. You have a stock already so you should be set.
Kevin

email
09-23-2011, 4:09 PM
thank you. Loaded. I'll look for one :)

Go Navy
09-23-2011, 7:14 PM
Check out the Fulton Armory models, at their website, while you're at it.

cr042202
09-24-2011, 1:31 AM
If you gonna put it in a jae stock...get a loaded...don't waste your money on a nm or a super match because it has a bedded barrel