PDA

View Full Version : Fether Industries AT-22 whats the deal??

Quickdraw Mcgraw
09-23-2011, 10:28 AM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/AR-15_Paul/Rifles/FeatherinCase.jpg

My buddy jus got one an I'm jelous the thing is lightWeight an accurate as hell according to my friend. SO WHATS THE DEAL WITH THESE? Are they decent guns?? Never heard of Fether Industries so I guess they went outta buisness, was it because there guns suck?? Any info would be appreciated!

gorn5150
09-23-2011, 10:37 AM
I had one of those back when they first came out. Wish I had never sold it. I also had the 9mm version. That one was a little scarry with a few open bolt detonations.
The .22 was always dependable. I think they are still being made today.

compulsivegunbuyer
09-24-2011, 10:09 PM
They are still making them. I saw one at Gunrunners a few months back.

http://guns-rifles-firearms.com/

microwaveguy
09-25-2011, 6:45 AM
I think this needs a longer look to see if it falls with the AW or SBR category.

Think Ruger's 22 charger that we can't buy here in Ca.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor,forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer
to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Oceanbob
09-25-2011, 8:00 AM
Nothing Feather Industries makes or sells is legal in California.

Too many assault weapon characteristics and mags over 10 rounds.
(Overall length problems as well)

I did email them a couple of years ago about their 10MM carbine and how it could be made California Complient; they responded back in a negative manner. Not a nice bunch. :mad:

Regarding out-of-state vendors, someone with an IQ higher than room temperature will figure out that the California Gun Market is larger than more than 10 other States combined. ($$$)

Be well
Bob

compulsivegunbuyer
09-25-2011, 8:13 AM
22lr is exempt from the laws, thus why we have all the different AR style 22's. These are completely legal here, and I have seen them for sale at a few different gun stores. This is not a pistol, it is a rifle, and meets all the requirements as such. The one in the pic has the barrel removed. These meet the OAL requirements of a rifle.

tonelar
09-25-2011, 8:18 AM
I believe in the original RR texts they listed the feather, calico and other .22LR rifles as AWs, however everything I research now shows these rimfires as legal.

Oceanbob
09-25-2011, 8:23 AM
22lr is exempt from the laws, thus why we have all the different AR style 22's. These are completely legal here, and I have seen them for sale at a few different gun stores. This is not a pistol, it is a rifle, and meets all the requirements as such. The one in the pic has the barrel removed. These meet the OAL requirements of a rifle.

However, the mags are still limited to 10 rounds. Even rimfire. :)

Peter.Steele
09-25-2011, 9:52 AM
I think this needs a longer look to see if it falls with the AW or SBR category.

Think Ruger's 22 charger that we can't buy here in Ca.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor,forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer
to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Dude. Long barrel. It's at the bottom of the picture.

I used to have one of these. Lot of fun. On mine, the magazine spring was about shot to hell though, would only reliably feed the first half of the magazine or so.

tonelar
09-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Came with 20- 12 - 8 round mags iirc