PDA

View Full Version : PS90: Thumbs Up to Lan World and Promoted Pawn

JoeinLA
09-23-2011, 8:51 AM
Just in case anyone with a PS90 was interested, I got the top rail, double side rail attachment, side rails, and also the mag double-upper things from Promoted Pawn, and I gotta say, they are really nice quality items. Machined very nicely and smoothly, no sharp edges - I don't know much about machining, but these seemed really nicely done. I thought the prices on the mag doublers and the twin side rail attachments were a little high ($25 each), but the price of the side rail and top rail seemed worth it given what (at least, to my untrained eye) seems like a bit of work to make all those groves and such. Screws and other installment items were included with these, and everything just feels solid and well crafted.

Also, I got my PS90 from Turners with the Lan World kit, and Lan World was SUPER nice in answering a few questions and helping me with their kit.

That's all, folks :)

$P-Ritch$
09-23-2011, 9:08 AM
You can't do a post like this without putting up some pictures of your new toy for the rest of us.

Congrats on your purchase, they fun little guns to shoot.

vikingm03
09-23-2011, 12:13 PM
No pics == terrible post :(

I love ps90s, one day i will have my own. Thats a sweet little gun you have.

JoeinLA
09-23-2011, 4:14 PM
Ha ok i'll have to take some "fancy" pics (without my crappy-cheap red dot") and put them up here. The PS90 is a total love hate thing for me. LOVE it and the 5.7x28 round in theory. HATE that California basically emasculates both.

But, hey, maybe one day i'll get lucky and be able to move to AZ or OR and still keep my job, or i guess if I take classes outside the state, then i'll be able to use the 50 round mag and remove the bullet button and the stupid fake can...

Steve1968LS2
09-23-2011, 6:08 PM
You can't do a post like this without putting up some pictures of your new toy for the rest of us.

Congrats on your purchase, they fun little guns to shoot.

I have the same parts from Promoted Pawn.. great stuff.. I also have the extended cocking handles..

But what's REALLY cool is the micro laser :cool:

http://i54.tinypic.com/vevi48.jpg

SoCal Gunner
09-28-2011, 6:58 AM
Yep Steve, you should get a cut from both the cocking handles and micro laser that I bought after reading your posts. Those extenders should be stock- seriously!

shipwreck
09-28-2011, 7:41 AM
I've had my first PS90 for 5 years now, and got a 2nd one in the summer of 2010. Great guns. :)

With the short XPS eotech, I was able to put a lasermax laser on the optic rail. So, only 1 axis to deal with, instead of 2 (by having it on the side rail)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Ps90-701.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Ps90-704.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/2xPS90-5.jpg

JoeinLA
09-28-2011, 8:02 AM
Your PS90 makes me sad b/c I can't have that in CA. I gotta have stupid fake can and stupid 10 rounds...

But yours is sweet! Jealous!

shipwreck
09-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Well, I still like your optic setup.

$P-Ritch$
09-29-2011, 1:25 PM
Hey shipwreck,

Do you use the coupled mags sort of like a cheek riser for the red dot? That's what I started to do with my dad's PS90 and it works great. It feels like part of the gun is missing when I shoot with just a single mag.

Also, seeing that 50 round mag makes me jealous. Using a mag with that capacity and a gun that has virtually no recoil would be so much fun to try at a 3 gun match. Assuming it was a stage that didn't have any targets too far out there.

snypr
09-29-2011, 1:47 PM
Your PS90 makes me sad b/c I can't have that in CA. I gotta have stupid fake can and stupid 10 rounds...

But yours is sweet! Jealous!

yea, they look horrible :)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/snypr/IMG_1496Large.jpg

JoeinLA
09-29-2011, 1:52 PM
Your fake can looks much better than my fake can! How much was that?

And we still don't get 50 rounds mags. That is part of what makes the PS90 really special...

nickyrr
09-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Where did you get the bullet button for that little spitfire?

ldivinag
09-30-2011, 1:25 AM
i have a family relative who was the range officer for his PD.

he was able to get a loaner P90... yes, the full auto SBR version.

he let me fondle the heck out of it. but he only got like 2k of ammo and his dept shot the thing so i was out of luck. this was like 5 years or so ago when it was just coming out so ammo was not readily available or i woulda bought some myself and got a chance to shoot it... :(

love how the ammo rotates into position from the mag...

SoCal Gunner
09-30-2011, 6:28 AM
Nickyrr - look up Prince50 on these boards for a PS90 "bullet button" and/or a complete compliance kit.

Steve1968LS2
09-30-2011, 7:17 AM
yea, they look horrible :)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/snypr/IMG_1496Large.jpg

That fake can looks good.. but it doesn't make the PS90 longer to comply with the lame CA laws..

And yea, CA kills the poor thing.. that''s why I only shoot it out of state where I can install my free-state stock and 50 rnd mags..

dascoyne
09-30-2011, 7:31 AM
Dealing with LAN World has been nothing but phenomenal for me. The fella there was kind, patient and immensely helpful with my FN FS2000.

JoeinLA
09-30-2011, 7:34 AM
One "trick" I'd really like to figure out is a faster way to change magazines. The LAN World bullet button isn't as easy as an AR bullet button - it actually requires a screwdriver of some form for you to push back the magazine release. The AR bullet button seems super slick, compared to that...

Any suggestions? If I could find an easier way to release the magazine, I'd be just a little closer to PS90 bliss...

SoCal Gunner
09-30-2011, 8:26 AM
Joe,

If you figure out a faster/easier way, I'd LOVE to hear it!

shipwreck
09-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey shipwreck,

Do you use the coupled mags sort of like a cheek riser for the red dot? That's what I started to do with my dad's PS90 and it works great. It feels like part of the gun is missing when I shoot with just a single mag.

Also, seeing that 50 round mag makes me jealous. Using a mag with that capacity and a gun that has virtually no recoil would be so much fun to try at a 3 gun match. Assuming it was a stage that didn't have any targets too far out there.

Yes, that's why I use it. But honestly, I go back and forth on it. I put it on a while, then take it off. I decided to go back to just the 1 mag a few days ago...

I also like the standard USG sight. I have considered selling the eotech and setting up that PS90 like my other one - two USG sights. But, I can't make up my mind...

nickyrr
09-30-2011, 11:19 PM
socal gunner... Thanks

Steve1968LS2
10-01-2011, 8:19 AM
One "trick" I'd really like to figure out is a faster way to change magazines. The LAN World bullet button isn't as easy as an AR bullet button - it actually requires a screwdriver of some form for you to push back the magazine release. The AR bullet button seems super slick, compared to that...

Any suggestions? If I could find an easier way to release the magazine, I'd be just a little closer to PS90 bliss...

I've had luck using an old credit card and "swiping" it through the groove like it's an ATM machine.. :)

It will ruin the car eventually, but it is faster than other ways I've tried.

JoeinLA
10-01-2011, 8:52 AM
I read that method, but couldnt figure it out :( How do you swipe it? Between the mag and the "catch"? I could practice it more, bc that sounds much easier than the "screwdriver" method.

Steve1968LS2
10-01-2011, 1:00 PM
I read that method, but couldnt figure it out :( How do you swipe it? Between the mag and the "catch"? I could practice it more, bc that sounds much easier than the "screwdriver" method.

Yea, through that circular groove.. hard on the card, but it works..

SoCal Gunner
10-01-2011, 5:56 PM
Yea, through that circular groove.. hard on the card, but it works..

hmm... OK, so what might work well is something like a "game card" from an arcade or pizza place? More flexible than a credit card, but more firm than something like a business card.

LCU1670
10-02-2011, 8:48 AM
Just in case anyone with a PS90 was interested, I got the top rail, double side rail attachment, side rails, and also the mag double-upper things from Promoted Pawn, and I gotta say, they are really nice quality items. Machined very nicely and smoothly, no sharp edges - I don't know much about machining, but these seemed really nicely done. I thought the prices on the mag doublers and the twin side rail attachments were a little high ($25 each), but the price of the side rail and top rail seemed worth it given what (at least, to my untrained eye) seems like a bit of work to make all those groves and such. Screws and other installment items were included with these, and everything just feels solid and well crafted.

Also, I got my PS90 from Turners with the Lan World kit, and Lan World was SUPER nice in answering a few questions and helping me with their kit.

That's all, folks :)

I have used Promoted Pawn for my PS 90 as well, and I have to say they are a great company!! I have never had a problem with an order and they were very helpfull, I highly recomend them. When I got my PS 90 it was a Cold War Shooters set-up, I really had problems with that order and it took months to straighten out. Promoted Pawn was a breath of fresh air!!