PDA

View Full Version : Would you patronize FFl dealers who "dont care" or treats your transfers as a hassle?

shooter5
09-22-2011, 10:12 PM
likely.

Not so Likely.

Will not patronize.

BigfootHunter
09-22-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't let any FFL treat my P, that's my wife's job!

23 Blast
09-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Big 5 basically refused to do a PPT for a fellow Calgunner and I a while back. I will no longer patronize that store.

killshot44
09-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Lots of people can't handle retail sales....

Dark Mod
09-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Some places are really bad about this, I will definatley be able to overlook a bad customer service experience if their prices are great, but i wont be passing on the word to my friends. Places like Riflegear get my recommendation. Any FFL trying to start up a new gunstore would be wise to take a good hard look at their business model

Cyc Wid It
09-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Unfortunately you're kidding yourself if you think this poll is going to change any shop's attitudes, but I voted.

shooter5
09-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Unfortunately you're kidding yourself if you think this poll is going to change any shop's attitudes, but I voted.

no.. but it will be a sad reminder of why their sales have diminished due to online sales and NEW stores that pop up to fill in the VOID! Competition! that's what its all about! A business can only be arrogant for so long.. Then the new-blood shows their fangs.. Thats America!

shark92651
09-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Perhaps this poll should be more along the lines of...

How do you respond to Wes's satirical posts?

( ) I LOL at them.
( ) I get angry at them.
( ) Who is Wes?

shooter5
09-22-2011, 11:14 PM
@ shark92651

well.. speak the truth.. it gets locked down..

No free pass for statements like that.. (RG) you had nothing but "professional" post in that thread.. your counterpart sadly did not.. I have however heard nothing but good of your shop. and none of the "shock n awe" like that we dont speak of... TP?

MrExel17
09-22-2011, 11:18 PM
50/50 I here to do business if there cool, sweet if not then who cares all that matters is the gun!

Cali-Shooter
09-23-2011, 2:06 AM
If they give me attitude about my private party transfers, then they clearly do not value my money to spend there on other things as well. That's how it comes across to me.

Uriah02
09-23-2011, 3:03 AM
as long as there are other FFLs within fair driving range I'd sooner use someone who wants to provide services to their customers than someone who doesn't.

coyotebait
09-23-2011, 6:13 AM

( ) I LOL at them.
( ) I get angry at them.
(X) Who is Wes?

Voted....:43:

Treb5
09-23-2011, 6:31 AM
as long as there are other FFLs within fair driving range I'd sooner use someone who wants to provide services to their customers than someone who doesn't.

+1 I'd look for someone more friendly..

dieselpower
09-23-2011, 6:35 AM
Two months ago a buddy and I met a seller at Shooters Paradise in Oxnard over objections from both of us. The seller was "firm" that was the only place he would do it. I listened to my friend explain that the second they gave us crap or "paused" the transaction to help someone else he was walking out.

We met up with the guy in the parking lot, Firearm was in stated condition. We went inside. They walked up to the counter as I went over to the Sig display. I didn't even reach the display glass when I hear, "We are done here man, lets go." The seller tried to stop my buddy, the clerk just said some comment like have a nice day. We tried to get him to go the 4 minutes to Blueline or Uncle Paul's, but "SP" were his friends. Deal was off.

My buddy said the clerk "rolled his eyes" sighed and said it was going to be awhile before they could do the paperwork. That was enough for my buddy to walk.

There were like 3 people in line at the range (2 clerks there), 2 customers at the rifle counter (two clerks there), ...thats it. So with 5 people + whoever is in the back and "it would be awhile to do a PPT".

SP doesn't want that kind of business. The problem with that logic is BlueLine and Uncle Pauls now sells more firearms even though they are both smaller shops. Wonder why????? Blueline has expanded considerably and I think may even have a larger selection than SP now....making SPs TV claim of the largest selection of Firearms in Ventura County" a lie.

I really dont care if SP changes its policy or ways... as soon as BL opens up its shooting range, SP is a ghost shop.. they can go the way of the dinosaur.

tenpercentfirearms
09-23-2011, 6:50 AM

( ) I LOL at them.
( ) I get angry at them.
( ) Who is Wes?

LOL. Yeah here is the thread you can read that spurred this pointless poll (yeah who is going to vote they like to be treated poorly?).

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=480235

I said that I don't really care about your transfer. I don't care in the sense that the transfer gun is no responsibility of mine. So while your gun is at my shop, I will take great care of it and I am responsible for any damage caused in my shop.

However, that it came in the wrong color, isn't the right caliber, has rust on the barrel, it breaks the first time you shoot it, or any other things beyond my control, I don't care. You didn't buy the gun from me, so I am not responsible.

When you buy a gun from me, then I will make things right. For a $50 transfer fee, it isn't my responsibility.

Now why do I do transfers? They are a service to my regular wonderful customers and also a way to get people in the door. Once inside you will see we have a great gun shop and you get top notch customer service.

Am I going to kiss everyone's rear on Calguns? Of course not. I am a forum member just the same as the rest of you. I could make a separate account I suppose so you won't get all huffy puffy when I tell something the way it is and you vow never to do business with me again. The thing is I don't care (hence the title of this thread). If you are going to read my sarcastic comments and it gets you so riled up you have to make a new poll, you are probably the type of customer I don't need.

And I love customers. They keep me in business. Come by my store and see how you are treated. Do a transfer through me and see you will have zero hassles. Come in to PPT a handgun in the last 30 minutes of the day. Want some AR15 parts we have them.

You will continue to find newbie members on Calguns (and even some regulars) who don't like my sarcastic writing style. That is fine. However, I know many of you crack up at these "incidents" and enjoy my posts because I know what I am talking about. I know there are many "professional" FFLs on here who love my posts. I say what they won't. And I am fine with that.

No free pass for statements like that.. (RG) you had nothing but "professional" post in that thread.. your counterpart sadly did not.. I have however heard nothing but good of your shop. and none of the "shock n awe" like that we dont speak of... TP?Yeah no free pass for me! Start a new thread about it. Get everyone to see what I really think about their transfer. Whatever you do, don't understand satire nor understand exactly what I said about transfers from brick and mortar shops. Transfers are not their bread and butter. That is why so many of them price them so high so you won't come in and do transfers.

So if you are going to claim a dealer shot your gun in the waiting period, have some proof. If gun dealers are really so evil they are going to shoot your gun and so you lock it up to prevent that, don't use a cable lock that that dealer probably already has a key to. When your gun comes in, inspect it with an employee present and acknowledge it is in great shape and has a clean bore. This is sage advice that clearly upset shooter5 and warranted this poll.

coyotebait
09-23-2011, 6:52 AM
Two months ago a buddy and I met a seller at Shooters Paradise in Oxnard over objections from both of us. The seller was "firm" that was the only place he would do it. I listened to my friend explain that the second they gave us crap or "paused" the transaction to help someone else he was walking out.

We met up with the guy in the parking lot, Firearm was in stated condition. We went inside. They walked up to the counter as I went over to the Sig display. I didn't even reach the display glass when I hear, "We are done here man, lets go." The seller tried to stop my buddy, the clerk just said some comment like have a nice day. We tried to get him to go the 4 minutes to Blueline or Uncle Paul's, but "SP" were his friends. Deal was off.

My buddy said the clerk "rolled his eyes" sighed and said it was going to be awhile before they could do the paperwork. That was enough for my buddy to walk.

There were like 3 people in line at the range (2 clerks there), 2 customers at the rifle counter (two clerks there), ...thats it. So with 5 people + whoever is in the back and "it would be awhile to do a PPT".

SP doesn't want that kind of business. The problem with that logic is BlueLine and Uncle Pauls now sells more firearms even though they are both smaller shops. Wonder why????? Blueline has expanded considerably and I think may even have a larger selection than SP now....making SPs TV claim of the largest selection of Firearms in Ventura County" a lie.

I really dont care if SP changes its policy or ways... as soon as BL opens up its shooting range, SP is a ghost shop.. they can go the way of the dinosaur.

What? Does Shooters Paradise have a "back room" that I don't know about? They didn't seem to have that big of a selection last time I was there. I know Greta's in Simi Valley (Ventura county the last time I checked) has a huge attitude problem and are over priced but they also have a larger selection than SP.

Dirtbiker
09-23-2011, 7:41 AM
Attn Calgun newbs, anything that Wes says should be taken with a grain of irony.

or

Don't mind Wes... he's.... special.

:D

Being serious. Do some research on the start of the OLL revolution and you will find Wes (10% firearms) at the head of the charge. Thanks again!

SanPedroShooter
09-23-2011, 7:46 AM
Attn Calgun newbs, anything that Wes says should be taken with a grain of irony.

or

Don't mind Wes... he's.... special.

:D

Being serious. Do some research on the start of the OLL revolution and you will find Wes (10% firearms) at the head of the charge. Thanks again!

There, now you can read it twice...

CK_32
09-23-2011, 7:46 AM
Some places are really bad about this, I will definatley be able to overlook a bad customer service experience if their prices are great, but i wont be passing on the word to my friends. Places like Riflegear get my recommendation. Any FFL trying to start up a new gunstore would be wise to take a good hard look at their business model

This^

shooterfpga
09-23-2011, 7:50 AM
LOL. Yeah here is the thread you can read that spurred this pointless poll (yeah who is going to vote they like to be treated poorly?).

I said that I don't really care about your transfer. I don't care in the sense that the transfer gun is no responsibility of mine. So while your gun is at my shop, I will take great care of it and I am responsible for any damage caused in my shop.

However, that it came in the wrong color, isn't the right caliber, has rust on the barrel, it breaks the first time you shoot it, or any other things beyond my control, I don't care. You didn't buy the gun from me, so I am not responsible.

When you buy a gun from me, then I will make things right. For a $50 transfer fee, it isn't my responsibility.

Now why do I do transfers? They are a service to my regular wonderful customers and also a way to get people in the door. Once inside you will see we have a great gun shop and you get top notch customer service.

Am I going to kiss everyone's rear on Calguns? Of course not. I am a forum member just the same as the rest of you. I could make a separate account I suppose so you won't get all huffy puffy when I tell something the way it is and you vow never to do business with me again. The thing is I don't care (hence the title of this thread). If you are going to read my sarcastic comments and it gets you so riled up you have to make a new poll, you are probably the type of customer I don't need.

And I love customers. They keep me in business. Come by my store and see how you are treated. Do a transfer through me and see you will have zero hassles. Come in to PPT a handgun in the last 30 minutes of the day. Want some AR15 parts we have them.

You will continue to find newbie members on Calguns (and even some regulars) who don't like my sarcastic writing style. That is fine. However, I know many of you crack up at these "incidents" and enjoy my posts because I know what I am talking about. I know there are many "professional" FFLs on here who love my posts. I say what they won't. And I am fine with that.

Yeah no free pass for me! Start a new thread about it. Get everyone to see what I really think about their transfer. Whatever you do, don't understand satire nor understand exactly what I said about transfers from brick and mortar shops. Transfers are not their bread and butter. That is why so many of them price them so high so you won't come in and do transfers.

So if you are going to claim a dealer shot your gun in the waiting period, have some proof. If gun dealers are really so evil they are going to shoot your gun and so you lock it up to prevent that, don't use a cable lock that that dealer probably already has a key to. When your gun comes in, inspect it with an employee present and acknowledge it is in great shape and has a clean bore. This is sage advice that clearly upset shooter5 and warranted this poll.

i always laughed at your threads, in fact if anything it made me want to do business with you.

as for the gun, always inspect it, prior, during and after, that way i dont have to read your thread that you didnt get your manufacturers sticker, or they stole your spent casing, they stole your factory grease off the slide, farted in your chamber, blah blah blah. once you leave the store, thats your problem, suck it up, unless of course it turns out to be a POS, then its the manufacturers problem.

coyotebait
09-23-2011, 7:53 AM

Yeah no free pass for me! Start a new thread about it. Get everyone to see what I really think about their transfer. Whatever you do, don't understand satire nor understand exactly what I said about transfers from brick and mortar shops. Transfers are not their bread and butter. That is why so many of them price them so high so you won't come in and do transfers.

LOL, saw that thread, didn't realize you were Wes.

Seems to me that if a dealer is so evil that you think they may shoot your gun so you lock it up, wouldn't that just entice said dealer to shoot it even more, you know, just to spite you?
Personally, if a dealer shoots my gun while in the waiting period, as long as he cleans it and didn't break it, I couldn't care less.....let me know how it shoots. :43:

bighead
09-23-2011, 8:19 AM
Answer is D: Someone is butthurt And can't believe their transfer isn't in the top of a store's list.

bighead
09-23-2011, 8:28 AM
I appreciate Wes for having the salt to honestly explain his philosophy on transferring weapons purchased outside of his store.

Viva la 10%

prerunners4life
09-23-2011, 8:34 AM
I took a AK to turners orange and they told me to take it outta the store cause they won't touch it, so I had to go somewhere else to ppt

starsnuffer
09-23-2011, 8:49 AM
The attitude of most gun shop personnel is why I have absolutely no qualms about buying off the internet.

If there were decent people who cared at the local shops, I'd pay a premium to support their business.

-W

napahunter
09-23-2011, 8:51 AM
Never! I have one here in Napa, just worthless!

robcoe
09-23-2011, 8:54 AM
I wont, simply because turners and Ammo Brothers are nearby and they don't seem to mind doing a PPT at all. So why would I go somewhere where the guy doing the transfer is going to be a dick about it.

bender152
09-23-2011, 9:26 AM
To those of you unfamiliar with Ten Percent Firearms, read this:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=29636

And to answer the "real" question, would I give Ten Percent my business? ABSOLUTELY!

someR1
09-23-2011, 9:34 AM
If someone is a dick, I will def give them a piece of my mind. And then I usually end up getting a discount or something free from the "boss" :43:

tenpercentfirearms
09-23-2011, 9:38 AM
I wont, simply because turners and Ammo Brothers are nearby and they don't seem to mind doing a PPT at all. So why would I go somewhere where the guy doing the transfer is going to be a dick about it.

The problem with PPTs is you should be able to go to any store, anywhere, and do the PPT with no hassle. PPTs should be about your convenience.

From an FFL's perspective, I do not care (there I go again!) that you do a PPT somewhere else as you should do it where it is most convenient for you. So if you are both in Bakersfield and it is a 40 minute drive to Taft, don't come out here just to do a PPT. Do it at any of the Bakersfield gun shops that have a location and hours that are easiest for you.

You should not have to drive 5 miles, 10 miles, or 40 miles to get a mandated PPT done with a smile or at least in a timely and professional fashion. I agree 100% that you should reward good businesses with your hard earned dollars and I wouldn't fault anyone for driving out of their way to do a PPT where they know they won't be treated like a red-headed step child.

That is why PPTs are handled like any other paying customer. You don't go to the back of the line. You won't hear our employees complain about your transaction. We know if we treat you right, you are going to spend more money at our shop.

I would love to use my PPT idea with the DOJ and make a standard PPT form so PPTs would go much smoother across the state (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=117004). However, that might be effective and the CA DOJ apparently would rather us continue to complain online and call them on a case by case basis.

shooter5
09-23-2011, 10:11 AM
This is not an FFL bash thead.. Its a very simple poll..

This has nothing to do with anyone shooting anything..

NOT intended to open up a thread that is locked..

please keep concise..

comblock
09-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Seriously? for $35 PPT and treat my P? Thats a hell of a deal! In all seriousness, if he *****es and moans but gets the job done in an efficient manner and cost then he'll get my repeat business. I work with whiners and complainers all day. Doesnt other me much.

shooter5
09-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Seriously? for $35 PPT and treat my P? Thats a hell of a deal!

LOL... that just made my day.. so i guess its all down hill from here.. to funny..

sorry title fixed..

shooter5
09-23-2011, 6:49 PM
Ok.. first thing.. this post/poll is not about any ONE FFL..

To focus a POLL against ONE FFL would only skew the results..
Any FFL has a loyal following and their guys are going to say that they are the best and
miss the point completely..

Some people also don’t care until it happens to them.. Have guys complain to me that FFL's we jags but still go back because they are NEWBs and intimidated by this kind of BS...

I have also many a time watched or heard shop employees tell guys things that were total BS and grind my teeth trying to stay out of it..

Your a GUN shop.. not Discount Tire.. Act like it and hire guys that give a s#!t or at least know what the hell they are talking about.

If you want to make this POLL about YOU or any (particular) FFL that is your prerogative.. I Have not done so.. and its not my point..
I have no intention of hurting anyone’s feeling or bottom line..

This POLL is about very common complaint i hear constantly across the board..

It is about pointing out the fact that there ARE FFLs that DO NOT treat “transfers” as a joke or take them for granted and see the virtue of having someone PATRONIZING their store who might otherwise not be and know that a “transfer” brings a customer in your door TWICE at the least..

I and most people I know find it difficult to walk out a shop without buying something.. So what if we don’t buy the weapon from you?..
Your gonna make money and or move inventory one way or the other..

Especially when we (the customer) don’t like the BS we have to deal with anymore then a FFL does.. But you’re the one that makes the money on the deal courtesy of the State..

I think positive attitudes about the whole situation build valuable rapport between you and a customer.

Again I RARELY post in threads and I’m no NEWB.. This is EXACTLY WHY!.. I don’t have the time to get in to this ti-for-tat BS with people that think it’s a joke when I ( and others) just like to help solve the avoidable issues and make the best of aggravating Kali BS..

This thread has yielded some POSITIVE posts that I think FFL’s should look at.. and customers as well.

Im just asking people give solid honest posts that reflect upon a very obnoxious situation.. And its sad that I have to reiterate that obnoxious statements from FFLs, as well as FFL bashing sucks..

So if that’s your Intent (and it goes for everyone).. Please START YOUR OWN THREAD and leave my stupid useless POLL to those that are actually trying to solve a problem.

Having said all that.. PLEASE do not be a “POLL SKEWER”!!! http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/hide.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

shooter5
09-23-2011, 7:42 PM
To further opine, I also agree with TPF's post that there should be such revisions to DROS to streamline the transfer process..

I mean in the "bar-code" society we have now.. an FFL should be able to just swipe your divers license and with a program not much different to the DMV's traffic record database..

On a side note my only (personel) bad transfer experience was that my drivers license actually EXPIRED during the process and I had to restart the DROS..
And yeah I paid..

We that go OUT OF OUR WAY as it is to abide by the law should be able to take leveled or stage appropriate classes to "qualify" to own and use certain types and configurations of weapons that we other wise cannot..

I know I hate the Idea on its face.. because we shouldn't have to deal with the s#!t we do.. but the people of CA f'd up and let the bureaucrats make our bed.. Now we can either lie in it or have to figure out NEW solutions..

arsilva32
09-23-2011, 7:56 PM

you forgot to add the hassle of having to collect the sales tax and paperwork that goes with it ( just wanted to make the rant complete)

shooter5
09-23-2011, 8:42 PM
you forgot to add the hassle of having to collect the sales tax and paperwork that goes with it ( just wanted to make the rant complete)

Right.. soo if its a big hassle, dont do it... Let the other store that doesn't mind doing all of that hard work you don't want to.

I thought (I know crazy) it was just good business and a way to make MORE money..

As if a $50 transfer fee wasn't the highest i've heard of.. It makes me feel just as bad as i do for the guys at the SMOG shop that hate their jobs but collect their check complements of the same BS California LAWs.. When people go to other shops, the same @$$#oles hate their jobs MORE because they have to twirl signs out front for oil changes..

You don't like it move on.. goes both ways.

NorCalK9.com
09-23-2011, 9:03 PM
Here's the truth. I own a small business and at times I have a bad day and cas be a butthead, but I try not to do that cause it hurts my bank account. If they dont have time for yoyre business screw em! Thats why I dont use Antioch armory no more.
There are plenty of gun shops and privare ffl's that will value your business. I went I.to a gun store 4 months ago to do a ppt and ended up buying 2 rifles they had on the wall as well. So a ppt is still a potential sale if they'd be curtious enough.

shooter5
09-23-2011, 9:13 PM
@ norcalK9.. "Owner/Head Trainer..Our dogs bite"

Love it! tied for the best thing ive seen today! Cheers!

NorCalK9.com
09-23-2011, 9:32 PM
@ norcalK9.. "Owner/Head Trainer..Our dogs bite"

Love it! tied for the best thing ive seen today! Cheers!

Lmao cool huh. Took me 5 mins to come up with that slogan.

tenpercentfirearms
09-23-2011, 11:51 PM

Except it isn't a hassle. Collecting sales tax is really easy to do and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Neither do the vast majority of transfers.

I am not sure why my telling you what to expect out of dealers is a rant. I am not complaining. I am just telling it the way it is.

To further opine, I also agree with TPF's post that there should be such revisions to DROS to streamline the transfer process.. What are you talking about? DROS is streamlined enough. If you are referring to my comments on PPT, you need to go actually read that thread. There is nothing wrong with the PPT process. It works just fine and DROS works just fine. The problem is the CA DOJ is not making it clear that dealers must process such transfers on written request and the dealer can charge no more than $35 for the PPT. Shady dealers who break the law will not process the transfers on written request and/or charge more than the $35 maximum. That has nothing to do with DROS and everything to do with the CA DOJ not wanting to make an easy form that outlines exactly what a dealer can and cannot do.

I mean in the "bar-code" society we have now.. an FFL should be able to just swipe your divers license and with a program not much different to the DMV's traffic record database..That is pretty much how it works. I am starting to understand you really don't know how all of this works do you?

On a side note my only (personel) bad transfer experience was that my drivers license actually EXPIRED during the process and I had to restart the DROS..
And yeah I paid..

We that go OUT OF OUR WAY as it is to abide by the law should be able to take leveled or stage appropriate classes to "qualify" to own and use certain types and configurations of weapons that we other wise cannot..

I know I hate the Idea on its face.. because we shouldn't have to deal with the s#!t we do.. but the people of CA f'd up and let the bureaucrats make our bed.. Now we can either lie in it or have to figure out NEW solutions..Welcome to the party.

Right.. soo if its a big hassle, dont do it... Let the other store that doesn't mind doing all of that hard work you don't want to.

I thought (I know crazy) it was just good business and a way to make MORE money..

As if a $50 transfer fee wasn't the highest i've heard of.. It makes me feel just as bad as i do for the guys at the SMOG shop that hate their jobs but collect their check complements of the same BS California LAWs.. When people go to other shops, the same @$$#oles hate their jobs MORE because they have to twirl signs out front for oil changes..

You don't like it move on.. goes both ways.What FFLs are you referring to that are complaining?

shooter5
09-24-2011, 8:18 AM
Thanks but im not new here.. Ive been here a while. I don't have that kind of time to nitpick everyone's posts.. if you cant remember your own posts that not my problem. I have not mentioned any one by name.. Other have chosen to do so.. Thats up to them.

bighead
09-24-2011, 9:24 AM
I guess nitpicking dosen't entail providing context with a copypasta poll.

mike_the_wino
09-24-2011, 9:38 AM
Yer poll iz busted. You need to add:
"No other options in my area so I have to suck it up to get transfers, or forgo getting the guns I want."

CSACANNONEER
09-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Well, I'll chime in about this thread and the one about Enterprise. I know for a fact that some shops have had employees shoot guns that were there to be transfered because, I have personally witnessed this when I worked at a range/shop. But, I really doubt that any employees would be dumb enough to leave a gun dirty. I would be more worried about a gun coming back cleaner than when it came in than a little dirtier than I remembered it.

Now, as far as FFL transfers go, When I have done a transfer, I've asked the shop about their policies in advance and, unless it was a used gun, I've given the shop the opportunity to give me a price if I ordered the same gun dirrectly from them. The funny thing is that the shops/FFLs I deal with normally don't care to tie up their funds by ordering a gun for me. They are more than happy to make their transfer fee and not have to take responsibility for the actual sale (getting the order wrong, poor condition, damaged, dirty, etc.). I've never had an FFL not care about my bussiness when it comes to transfers (even PPTs) and would not support a store that had this attitude. Specially on transfers were the shop sets it's own price so, it should care about doing them.

As far as doing bussiness with a specific shop in a small town like Taft, I'm too far from any small town FFLs to go there for transfers but, I would not hesitate to do bussiness with most small town FFLs including all the gun shops in Taft.

tenpercentfirearms
09-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks but im not new here.. Ive been here a while. I don't have that kind of time to nitpick everyone's posts.. if you cant remember your own posts that not my problem. I have not mentioned any one by name.. Other have chosen to do so.. Thats up to them.

Translated: No one is really complaining about transfers, but I like to pretend like they are. Specifically, I will pretend like TPF is complaining, but they aren't. They are just illustrating how some shops view transfers. However, I am not sophisticated enough to understand that, just like I don't fully comprehend the DROS process or what the problem is with dealers who don't do PPT correctly.

I thought that was what you were saying, I just wanted to make sure.

bighead
09-24-2011, 2:56 PM
The End.

shooter5
09-24-2011, 2:58 PM
Ok fine Tenpercent.. If you want to make this thread about you.. go ahead.. you win and now that we all orbit around your infinite glow of wisdom.. and your charming witty personality..

Can you wait at least till someone is actually criticizing YOU on this thread before you continue being counterproductive and talk about what you think I know?

I mean really man.. Maybe we should all pitch in and get you a puppy or something? Maybe You just need a hug?.. I don’t know..

You won’t even let me agree with you.. LOL.. Which Is actually the only thing I have done..
The only point of contention you and I had, was your babbling about gremlins and s#!t and calling people names when you didn’t know anymore the TRUTH of that matter then we did..
Call it “satire”, sarcasm or whatever you want.. Yet you seem to have pretty thin skin yourself.

Sorry some of us took the situation seriously.. And Just said I didn’t think some of your comments we helping.. Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings..

And your “the dirty little secret..” that FFLS don’t really care about or transfers.. IS NOT REALLY A SECRET.. I also didn’t see how that was helpful the situation either.
NO ONE SAID THAT YOU thought they were a hassle.. or shot anyone’s gun.. As a matter of fact no one said anything about YOU.. YOU MADE IT ABOUT YOU.

The PPT situation is annoying for everyone. And Im obviously not the only person that gets pissed when FFLs PMS about it. Some FFLs suck.. We all know it.

Ive seen it.. My friends see it.. I know the shops around me that PMS about it so I just spend MY MONEY at shops that aren’t. Some don’t care till it happens to them and that’s fine too.

To suggest that I just made this up when there are plenty of other people out there saying the same thing and posting about it.. shows me that your either trying to sidetrack this thread by making it about YOU, your just Trolling the thread for the sake of Trolling, or you just cant seem to understand that this might just be (omg) about pointing out that there are dealers who aren’t *****s, who are more than happy to take the business from those that are. A VALID POINT that maybe some FFLs should or don’t get.

If you would like me to ELABORATE on what I was saying when I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU about the PPT subject.. I would be more than happy to HAVE A DISSCUSION about it.. Just ask.. don’t tell me what you think I know.. even someone as omnipotent as yourself can misunderstand someone’s point from time to time.

AGAIN no one said anything about you here.. so why are you wasting your precious time here with us if you think this thread is so “pointless”.. Im sure there are plenty of threads that are in DIRE need of your help and “satire”. Or maybe you have some TRANFERS you can do while singing yourself “show tunes” since there your favorite.

What sad is I don’t have a problem with you and have (as well as friends and “NEWBS” Ive sent to your site) patronized your outfit. And you’re probably a cool guy.. But really.. If you don’t get it by now I don’t know what to tell you. THIS is the whole reason I HAD NO INTERST I MAKING THIS ABOUT ANY ONE FFL.. And why I rarely post on boards.

If you want to contribute Im happy to have you IN ALL SINCERITY.. but if you'r just being a "POLL-SKEWER"..

Then you'll have change your name to "8.97% FIREARMS".. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/hide.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

because that's all the "POLL_SKEWERS" who missed the point have has managed to contribute at this juncture.

shooter5
09-24-2011, 3:16 PM
LMFAO.. oh.. I needed that... Thanks.

Ubermcoupe
09-24-2011, 3:18 PM
Nope.
It's a customer service deal for me... if there is no customer service, why would I , ya know?

Killawhale415
09-24-2011, 4:03 PM
So if someones a dick to you then you try to be a bigger a** than them?
Great plan :rolleyes:
If someone is a dick, I will def give them a piece of my mind. And then I usually end up getting a discount or something free from the "boss" :43: