View Full Version : Exciting email message!

09-22-2011, 7:56 PM
There it was, fellow Calgunners, in sweet, glorious print on the screen of my phone:
"Your order has shipped"

I am building my first AR and ordered one of those Del-Ton Labor Day specials. 16" M4 carbine 1:7 chrome-lined for $379.

Believe it or not, this will actually be my wife's, even though it is my first build. She says I'm using hers as the guinea pig before I build mine. What a terrible accusation. ;)

I still need to get off my duff and order her a stubby stock, probably the Bushmaster. If anyone has any opinions about theirs vs. the RRA, please feel free to let me know. She prefers a fixed stock but has short arms and the A2 was waayyy too long for her. (Shout out to Ed at Cerritos Ammo Bros for letting her shoulder all the different types of stock to figure out what she likes)

Did I mention she wants to use one of the Duracoat camouflage patterns with our wedding colors (blue & brown) instead of the regular camo colors? Pink isn't her thing. :chris:

I'll post pics when all is done.

09-22-2011, 7:59 PM
I like the magpul CTR. Very good lockup, no rattle at all.

09-22-2011, 8:23 PM
She just didn't like any of the collapsibles: standard, MOE, and I believe the CTR as well. They didn't look feminine to her. I think she also liked the idea of having more area to have the custom camo job, too.

BTW, it's not just the wedding colors, but it would match one of her favorite tops with bule, brown, green , AND white. I sit corrected!

I believe the pattern she likes is the Wilderness Mirageflage.