PDA

View Full Version : If you bought an XD last week and haven't DROS'd, CALL THEM! They will switch kits!

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 3:57 PM
Saw the new ad:

http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

Looks like the new $399 XD offer is for the "full kit" with the holster, mag pouch, loader, etc..

Last week it was for just the Essentials package..

If so I have to ask.. what the heck? I would be a little ticked if I jumped on this three days ago only to have a better deal the very next week.

Oh wait.. I did jump on last week's deal.

Am I missing something here?

DavidR310
09-22-2011, 6:35 PM
I bought an XD9 on tuesday. I saw the new ad and called my local store an hour ago.

Since I haven't DROS'd they said switching to the full kit would be no problem! :)

Edit: I went on Sat ( the day I have off work) to Turners and they told me they where all out and could not switch to the full gear pack. Oh well.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-22-2011, 8:17 PM
I bought an XD9 on tuesday. I saw the new ad and called my local store an hour ago.

Since I haven't DROS'd they said switching to the full kit would be no problem! :)

If you have DROS'd we have a fix for that, too. But you'll have to move fast since this new deal is a limited, and surprise deal from Springfield that is limited in number of guns.

Contact the guys at your store and they'll get you taken care of. Remember that the free mags/mag pouch deal from Springfield applies to all XD's so no one gets left out.

DavidR310- thanks for helping us spread the news- we appreciate it.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-22-2011, 8:21 PM
Saw the new ad:

http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

Looks like the new $399 XD offer is for the "full kit" with the holster, mag pouch, loader, etc..

Last week it was for just the Essentials package..

If so I have to ask.. what the heck? I would be a little ticked if I jumped on this three days ago only to have a better deal the very next week.

Oh wait.. I did jump on last week's deal.

Am I missing something here?

Folks, Springfield gave us a limited, (but unexpected) offer on a few guns.

If you bought an XD Essential and you want to swap it into the standard package at the same price, we can help you out. Keep in mind that supplies are limited, so move fast and get with the staff where you bought your gun.

Also, keep in mind that if you take advantage of the Springfield update, either package will net you 3 more mags and a mag pouch.

Sorry for the confusion, this all came together too fast to sort out the overlapping offers on back-to-back ads.

FullAuto
09-22-2011, 8:40 PM
I bought mine in the Rancho Store last week and I'm in the process of DROS right now, so I am out the regular package? what?

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-22-2011, 8:48 PM
If you have DROS'd we have a fix for that, too. But you'll have to move fast since this new deal is a limited, and surprise deal from Springfield that is limited in number of guns.

Contact the guys at your store and they'll get you taken care of. .

I bought mine in the Rancho Store last week and I'm in the process of DROS right now, so I am out the regular package? what?

No, you are definitely IN. Contact the store and if you want to switch, they'll take care of you.

FullAuto
09-22-2011, 8:51 PM
I'll call them tomorrow or I'll go in there......how is the "switch" made?

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-22-2011, 8:54 PM
I'll call them tomorrow or I'll go in there......how is the "switch" made?

Contact Carol or one of her asst. managers at Rancho and she'll walk you through it. You don't need to re-do anything; we'll handle the rest.

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 8:55 PM
I went by the Orange store and they switched me over NO PROBLEM.. it was easy since I hadn't started DROS..

As a bonus they had the regular XD kits in stock so I could start my 10-day tonight rather than waiting to get more Essentials in stock..

The poor employees had genuine "WTF" expressions when I told them.. lol.. very nice about it though.

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 8:56 PM
I went by Turners in Orange and since I didn't have a serial number.. and hadn't started DROS they were more than happy to move me to the new deal.

As a bonus I was waiting for more stock of the Essentials to come in.. but they had the regular XD kits in stock so my 10-day wait started today rather in a week or so.

WIN/WIN

I felt bad for the employees.. they had no idea until I told them and had a real "WTF was corporate thinking!!" look on thier faces.. they are now bracing for the slew of phone calls starting tomorrow.

In my case they provided great CS.. so "thumbs up" to Turners!

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-22-2011, 8:58 PM
I went by Turners in Orange and since I didn't have a serial number.. and hadn't started DROS they were more than happy to move me to the new deal.

As a bonus I was waiting for more stock of the Essentials to come in.. but they had the regular XD kits in stock so my 10-day wait started today rather in a week or so.

WIN/WIN

I felt bad for the employees.. they had no idea until I told them and had a real "WTF was corporate thinking!!" look on thier faces.. they are now bracing for the slew of phone calls starting tomorrow.

In my case they provided great CS.. so "thumbs up" to Turners!

Something went out to our crews this evening so they are up to speed; this came together so fast it just caught our purchasing dept a bit off-guard.

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 9:03 PM
Something went out to our crews this evening so they are up to speed; this came together so fast it just caught our purchasing dept a bit off-guard.

I went in tonight at 7:45.. at first they didn't believe me but then they went online and confirmed when they opened the packet they get with all the little yellow sale signs..

Very nice about it, but they know the phones will be a ringin..

Look at it this way.. it's an opportunity to provide great service.. I know I'm a happy camper.

JoeinLA
09-22-2011, 9:12 PM
Maybe stop your crying that you got a great deal and that there was, later, another great deal? No doubt that a great deal is better than a good deal, but you're ahead either way...?

Steve1968LS2
09-23-2011, 6:59 AM
Maybe stop your crying that you got a great deal and that there was, later, another great deal? No doubt that a great deal is better than a good deal, but you're ahead either way...?

Does your mom know you troll around on internet chat boards? lol

JoeinLA
09-23-2011, 7:40 AM
No, I don't tell her EVERYTHING!

Does your mom know you troll around on internet chat boards? lol

But I will point readers to the other thread on this topic, where this issue is discussed more thoroughly:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=480895

StainRat
09-23-2011, 11:40 AM
... If you bought an XD Essential and you want to swap it into the standard package at the same price, we can help you out. Keep in mind that supplies are limited, so move fast and get with the staff where you bought your gun...

Just wanted to mention that I took advantage of this offer first thing this morning at the Kearny Mesa location and I couldn't be happier with how smooth it went. Thanks for making it so easy.

Rauwelt
09-24-2011, 4:36 AM
Torrance store helped me out Thanks! :)

ocmike1
09-24-2011, 10:26 AM
I went in this morning, but I was too late. They are sold out of the packages. Oh well its still a great deal for the essentials deal, with all the free stuff. Thanks Turners

IETonyR
09-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I went in this morning, but I was too late. They are sold out of the packages. Oh well its still a great deal for the essentials deal, with all the free stuff. Thanks Turners

Same with the Rancho Cucamonga store. Dissappointing they sold out so fast. I wish they would have said Limited Quantities. I may not have waited a day!

DavidR310
09-25-2011, 9:51 PM
I went on Sat ( the day I have off work) to Turners and they told me they where all out and could not switch to the full gear pack. I even called on Thursday ahead of time. I guess they didn't hold it for me. Oh well.

Clownpuncher
09-26-2011, 6:25 AM
Is Turners out of the XD deal that is in this weeks ad? I wasn't/won't be able to get to Turners until today but if they are out of them what is the point of making a special trip.
Am I correct in assuming that they source all their stuff from 1 warehouse so if they are out at one store they will be out at all of them?
Any help would be appreciated.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-26-2011, 7:58 AM
Is Turners out of the XD deal that is in this weeks ad? I wasn't/won't be able to get to Turners until today but if they are out of them what is the point of making a special trip.
Am I correct in assuming that they source all their stuff from 1 warehouse so if they are out at one store they will be out at all of them?
Any help would be appreciated.

PM, sent. Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-26-2011, 8:05 AM

Same with the Rancho Cucamonga store. Dissappointing they sold out so fast. I wish they would have said Limited Quantities. I may not have waited a day!

I went on Sat ( the day I have off work) to Turners and they told me they where all out and could not switch to the full gear pack. I even called on Thursday ahead of time. I guess they didn't hold it for me. Oh well.

PM sent; thanks.

Clownpuncher
09-26-2011, 8:17 AM
Thanks for the response... I sent you one back. Much appreciated.

hardrivr
09-29-2011, 8:20 PM
Well I wish I wouldn't have seen this post I wouldn't have waiting either... I called San Marcos and asked if they had them and I was told YES... come down and put a deposit... it was basically after fees were paid, test was done that I found out the GEAR package isn't what I just paid for but the essential... I was wait... I buying from this weeks ad and was told no problem just come down before the ad ended... oh well bummed but what can I do....

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-30-2011, 9:32 AM
Well I wish I wouldn't have seen this post I wouldn't have waiting either... I called San Marcos and asked if they had them and I was told YES... come down and put a deposit... it was basically after fees were paid, test was done that I found out the GEAR package isn't what I just paid for but the essential... I was wait... I buying from this weeks ad and was told no problem just come down before the ad ended... oh well bummed but what can I do....

PM sent.

hardrivr
09-30-2011, 9:43 AM
PM sent.

Return PM sent...

Thanks

yayo
09-30-2011, 10:59 AM
thanks Bill and Pat... Started DROS today 10 days to wait !!!!

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-30-2011, 3:35 PM
west covina wouldnt do it. Said full package was $599 sold out last week and only have essential package left and should take about 2 weeks to find one

PM Sent.