PDA

View Full Version : OK!, now I'm mad! Bought the XD @ Turners, now the regular one is on sale!

DavidR310
09-22-2011, 5:13 PM
I bought the XD9 essentials on sale at Turners. NOW, the regular one (http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php)is on sale for THE SAME PRICE! The one WITH the holster and speed loader.:banghead:

[edit] Turners made good on this :)

Sanderhawk
09-22-2011, 5:17 PM
Man thats a hell of a good deal to.

keson
09-22-2011, 5:21 PM
Buy another one :)

Briancnelson
09-22-2011, 5:21 PM
Meh, you get the magazine holder with the extra magazine deal you can send in for, and I won't use it anyway. The holster is crap, I ordered a Supertuck for it. an UpLULA costs like 10 bucks, and I have one already.

I got an XD40 last week too~ I don't feel all that bad about getting a nice gun for 399 plus the extra magazines! It happens.

zfields
09-22-2011, 5:22 PM
Your not missing anything, dont worry.

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 5:23 PM
Gonna go talk with them since I don't have a serial number and havent started DROS.. I bought on Monday.

Oh, I put a thread on thin in thier section.. seems foolish that they would do this since all thier "happy" previous customers will now be regrettful buyers..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=7199531#post7199531

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 5:24 PM
Meh, you get the magazine holder with the extra magazine deal you can send in for, and I won't use it anyway. The holster is crap, I ordered a Supertuck for it. an UpLULA costs like 10 bucks, and I have one already.

I got an XD40 last week too~ I don't feel all that bad about getting a nice gun for 399 plus the extra magazines! It happens.

The loader would be nice..

I just question why they would do thier sales like this.. doesn't make much sense.

himurax13
09-22-2011, 5:24 PM
I bought the XD9 essentials on sale at Turners. NOW, the regular one (http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php)is on sale for THE SAME PRICE! The one WITH the holster and speed loader.:banghead:

The Holster and the Mag Loader are crap. I do think this is funny though :).

InGrAM
09-22-2011, 5:26 PM
Damn, guess you should have bought a glock..... :facepalm:

Briancnelson
09-22-2011, 5:27 PM
Because Springfield is making the deals in that order. You see these same deals on some of the internet retailers too, and I'm hearing about them in other states, so I'm pretty sure it's being driven by SA. They are clearing out their inventory channel.

Starting with the essentials, then after they've sold that channel down, they moved to the bigger kit, hoping they'd sell some of the bigger kit at the higher price first when people found the essentials sold out.

It makes me wonder what they are clearing their channel for, however. New pistol release? Perhaps they are getting ready to change pricing on the XDm, or bring out a California model? Maybe they are going to start selling a different kit with it? Maybe their fiscal quarter ending needed a big revenue bump?

DavidR310
09-22-2011, 5:32 PM
Gonna go talk with them since I don't have a serial number and havent started DROS.. I bought on Monday.

Oh, I put a thread on thin in thier section.. seems foolish that they would do this since all thier "happy" previous customers will now be regrettful buyers..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=7199531#post7199531

Just got off the phone with the San Bernadino store. They said, since I didn't start the DROS, switching to the other XD9 kit would be NO PROBLEM!:hurray:

Good job Turners!

:jump::jump::jump:

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 5:33 PM
Because Springfield is making the deals in that order. You see these same deals on some of the internet retailers too, and I'm hearing about them in other states, so I'm pretty sure it's being driven by SA. They are clearing out their inventory channel.

Starting with the essentials, then after they've sold that channel down, they moved to the bigger kit, hoping they'd sell some of the bigger kit at the higher price first when people found the essentials sold out.

It makes me wonder what they are clearing their channel for, however. New pistol release? Perhaps they are getting ready to change pricing on the XDm, or bring out a California model? Maybe they are going to start selling a different kit with it? Maybe their fiscal quarter ending needed a big revenue bump?

Yea, but it's not like Turners decided to do THIS sale a couple days ago.. it would have been smarter to run them in the reverse order..

It just gives those people the bought the stripped down deal the PERCEPTION that they did bad.. even if it's not reality.

Also, why am I waiting for a Essentials XD to come in when I bet they have this deal in stock (and I can start DROS)???

And I'm not mad.. just puzzled and a bit dissapointed.. and even if the holster, etc are "crap" they still add to resale down the line.

It's like "HEY!!! come buy this Toyota Corrolla this week for only $9999.. sure it doesn't have power window, but it's a great deal!!!"

The next week they sell one with power windows for $9999 ...

Like I said, from a marketing standpoint it doesn't help foster the warm and fuzzy you're shooting for.

DavidR310
09-22-2011, 5:34 PM
Damn, guess you should have bought a glock..... :facepalm:

Show me a $399 Glock with 5 magazines and I will take it!:p

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 5:41 PM
Show me a $399 Glock with 5 magazines and I will take it!:p

I have a G17 (gen III) and the XD (even with the high bore axis) feels better in my hand.. I think it's because the G17 is so square in the front..

But it's a Glock and you can't beat the reliability..

Briancnelson
09-22-2011, 5:42 PM
Again, I doubt it's Turner's making the decision in this case. SA is telling them what orders to make the deals in.

The power window analogy is a poor one. The items are lamer than that. It's more like, nicer floormats for the same price.

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 8:50 PM
In any event it's bad marketing.. :)

Anyhow.. I went by Turners in Orange and since I didn't have a serial number.. and hadn't started DROS they were more than happy to move me to the new deal.

As a bonus I was waiting for more stock of the Essentials to come in.. but they had the regular XD kits in stock so my 10-day wait started today rather in a week or so.

WIN/WIN

I felt bad for the employees.. they had no idea until I told them and had a real "WTF was corporate thinking!!" look on thier faces.. they are now bracing for the slew of phone calls starting tomorrow.

In my case they provided great CS.. so "thumbs up" to Turners!

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 8:57 PM
Again, I doubt it's Turner's making the decision in this case. SA is telling them what orders to make the deals in.

You were sorta right :)

From Turners:
Folks, Springfield gave us a limited, (but unexpected) offer on a few guns.

If you bought an XD Essential and you want to swap it into the standard package at the same price, we can help you out. Keep in mind that supplies are limited, so move fast and get with the staff where you bought your gun.

Also, keep in mind that if you take advantage of the Springfield update, either package will net you 3 more mags and a mag pouch.

Sorry for the confusion, this all came together too fast to sort out the overlapping offers on back-to-back ads.

JoeinLA
09-22-2011, 9:03 PM
Warren buffet said something along the lines of: why are you mad that youfound a great steak and bought it at a great price, and then the next day found a better steak at even a better price? BUY BOTH STEAKS AND BE HAPPY THAT YOU GOT TWO GREAT DEALS.

Stop your crying that you got a good deal and be happy that then there was another good deal...?

Some ppl cant be satisfied...

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 9:07 PM
Warren buffet said something along the lines of: why are you mad that youfound a great steak and bought it at a great price, and then the next day found a better steak at even a better price? BUY BOTH STEAKS AND BE HAPPY THAT YOU GOT TWO GREAT DEALS.

Stop your crying that you got a good deal and be happy that then there was another good deal...?

Some ppl cant be satisfied...

Wow.. thanks for those words of wisdom.. you're so awsome..

JoeinLA
09-22-2011, 9:22 PM
Wow.. thanks for those words of wisdom.. you're so awsome..

Sarcasm is the last resort of the defeated whit - someone famous said that.

I dunno. Your pissed that someone tried to offer you a really good deal, and then they were abke to offer an even better deal to someone else? Oh, so now we should all not offer good deals b/cmaybe we'll be able to offer a better deal later...? I dunno. Hey, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it - but this is the interwebz so i'm going to throw my opinion out there.

Gun pp wanto talk about personal responsibility and then cry about a decision that YOU made (of course, we assume no fraud or malfeasance on the part of the pther party). Shouldnt you just be happy that there's alot of opportunity to buy alot of great guns at great prices? You're basically punishing Turners for trying to give you the best deal available at the time. Just my opinion which is given anonomously, for free, and without any personal accountability.

Whatever. You know what youre made of when theres real money on the table. Guess your price is $50 or so...

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2011, 9:24 PM

And you're a troll.. which is worse?

You like to quote people.. maybe try having an original thought.. lol

<-- not mad :)

JoeinLA
09-22-2011, 9:32 PM
And you're a troll.. which is worse?

You like to quote people.. maybe try having an original thought.. lol

<-- not mad :)

Possibly. I think Ecclesiasties says something along the lines of "all that has been done and said and thought has already been done and said and thought". O wait, there i go again, quoting someone else. About unoriginality of thought. How unoriginal.

Heh. Im mildly(?) drunk and enjoying this forum so much. I REALLY am liking my new hobby. But i do think its a little, well alot, whiney to get a good deal and then cry about not getting, or how some else got, a better deal. I think Jesus said something about ppl who negotiate a deal and then are bitter that someone else negotiated a better deal, but i wont reference that bc then it would be as if i were stealing Jesus' thoughts and not just pointing out how my own thought was already thought of, and better articulated, by someone wiser than I.

1911RONIN
09-22-2011, 9:54 PM
+2 JoeinLA

Redlinegts
09-22-2011, 9:59 PM
It's not like Turner's did it on purpose, it's just bad timing for you. I think it's pointless to complain about stuff like this.

+1 JoeinLA

epcii
09-22-2011, 10:02 PM

[edit] Turners made good on this :)

Lol, you're worked up about the holster and speed loader? The holsters are crap, and you're better off with a Uplula or whatever it's called. The Uplula works with mags of different guns.

daybreak
09-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I have the loader and the holster and trust me, you are not missing out on anything. Be glad that you're earlier in line than everyone else who buys one this week. I'd trade my holster and loader for that convenience.

chim-chim7
09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
The XD holsters are junk. Most people throw them in a box somehwere. They don't hold the gun well, expose to much of the firearm and without a super narrow belt the cant is all wrong. The mag loader works but only on those mags. Personally I would rather have a extra mag over those items. Look how many are for sale on EBay time to time. Cheap!

RollingCode3
09-23-2011, 6:09 AM

I dunno. Your pissed that someone tried to offer you a really good deal, and then they were abke to offer an even better deal to someone else? Oh, so now we should all not offer good deals b/cmaybe we'll be able to offer a better deal later...? I dunno. Hey, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it - but this is the interwebz so i'm going to throw my opinion out there.

Gun pp wanto talk about personal responsibility and then cry about a decision that YOU made (of course, we assume no fraud or malfeasance on the part of the pther party). Shouldnt you just be happy that there's alot of opportunity to buy alot of great guns at great prices? You're basically punishing Turners for trying to give you the best deal available at the time. Just my opinion which is given anonomously, for free, and without any personal accountability.

Whatever. You know what youre made of when theres real money on the table. Guess your price is $50 or so...

+1 :thumbsup:

HK Dave
09-23-2011, 6:25 AM
Man... i really don't need yet ANOTHER handgun... but this deal is awesome. ;/ Guess i could find a credit card somewhere.

Steve1968LS2
09-23-2011, 7:05 AM
Possibly. I think Ecclesiasties says something along the lines of "all that has been done and said and thought has already been done and said and thought". O wait, there i go again, quoting someone else. About unoriginality of thought. How unoriginal.

Heh. Im mildly(?) drunk and enjoying this forum so much. I REALLY am liking my new hobby. But i do think its a little, well alot, whiney to get a good deal and then cry about not getting, or how some else got, a better deal. I think Jesus said something about ppl who negotiate a deal and then are bitter that someone else negotiated a better deal, but i wont reference that bc then it would be as if i were stealing Jesus' thoughts and not just pointing out how my own thought was already thought of, and better articulated, by someone wiser than I.

At least your entertaining with your quotes.. :shrug:

I don't anyone was "mad" (although it is in the title of the tread).. just surprised in more of a "principal" way.. like if was $399 this week and next week $389.. 10 bucks is really nothing, but still.

You like to us terms like "cry" "whine" "bitter"... I suppose that sitting behind your keyboard they make you feel a bit more manly.. sorta typical of the internet.

Like I said, I was just happy I could start DROS right away..

Briancnelson
09-23-2011, 7:40 AM
It was good of Turner's to make it right for people who cared.

Personally, it wasn't worth the effort to go swap them out for me, I just stuck with my essentials kit~

himurax13
09-23-2011, 7:43 AM
The XD holsters are junk. Most people throw them in a box somehwere. They don't hold the gun well, expose to much of the firearm and without a super narrow belt the cant is all wrong. The mag loader works but only on those mags. Personally I would rather have a extra mag over those items. Look how many are for sale on EBay time to time. Cheap!

Hmm, I thought that the XD holsters held the gun a little too well. It seems like it requires 2 hands to unholster the gun even at the loosest setting. They could have spent another dollar or 2 on the design. The Mag carriers have an even worse design than the holster. Why would you want to face the mags away from each other and do we realy need a rail on the mag carrier? They should have just included the IDPA pack from Blade Tech or something.

JoeinLA
09-23-2011, 7:49 AM
Eh, I'll stand by my statements and leave it at that.

Next time, Turners will think twice about offering a good deal shortly after they offered another good deal, b/c people will just cry and whine and ask for more for free. Next time you make a post about what's wrong with this country, maybe take a look at the way you conduct yourself over a few bucks.

And what's the "principal" here? Just saw that reference. That Turner's shouldn't try to give us the best deal possible b/c it might get better? Or that no one should ever get a better deal than we did...? I dunno. You're right, I suppose, that it was poor marketing for Turner's to offer something for $10, and then the next day offer it for $5, b/c I guess they should just realize that they shouldn't ever offer that thing for $5 b/c everyone will be "up in arms" (heh, get it?)? Still confused...

Don't take it too personally. I don't know you and you don't know me. This is a very narrow and one-dimensional medium for debate and discussion. I'm just presenting my point of view on this particular issue.

At least your entertaining with your quotes.. :shrug:

I don't anyone was "mad" (although it is in the title of the tread).. just surprised in more of a "principal" way.. like if was $399 this week and next week $389.. 10 bucks is really nothing, but still.

You like to us terms like "cry" "whine" "bitter"... I suppose that sitting behind your keyboard they make you feel a bit more manly.. sorta typical of the internet.

Like I said, I was just happy I could start DROS right away..

PoorMan
09-23-2011, 9:43 AM
I like Turner's, they've been pretty good to me.

Wish they had this deal on the XD45.

Synergy
09-23-2011, 1:19 PM
The essential kit was available in 3" and 4" This weeks ad is only for the 4" Keep that in mind. I picked up the 3" so I am not whining! :p

Common
09-23-2011, 1:28 PM
Go in and see if they can help you out on the price difference. I bought a revolver there this month and it went on sale 2 days later. I picked it up 10 days to the minute after starting DROS and mentioned the price difference. They refunded me the difference. This is the Rancho Cucamonga store.

Their ammo selection and pricing sucks but they do have good customer service from what I have found.

lawaia
09-23-2011, 1:38 PM

Where do you get an UpLula for 10 bucks?! Sorry for the thread jack.