PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory mag capacity gripe

Aluisious
02-02-2007, 8:15 AM
So I bought some Bushy ten round mags online today so I can shoot more rounds at the range in a row without stuffing bullets (I figure it'll help develp the rhythm of shooting better). I realized that for the exact same price of the 40 rounds I can now stuff, I could have stuffed 120 rounds at once.

Why? What the hell difference does it make to anything? Are my paper targets now safer from my evil assault weapon?

I want to live in a free state :mad:

triggerhappy
02-02-2007, 8:30 AM
*sigh* Me too. Mebbe Oregon. They actually have open carry there :)

markymark
02-02-2007, 3:35 PM
I like having my OLL with a fixed 10 round mag because it slows me down. Otherwise, I'd be spending a fortune on ammo!

Paul
02-02-2007, 5:48 PM
Happy to be to be alive in 1999. :)

ETD1010
02-02-2007, 8:18 PM
I like having my OLL with a fixed 10 round mag because it slows me down. Otherwise, I'd be spending a fortune on ammo!

The ONLY thing I can think when I'm told to "think positive" about the situation. That, and the fact that I can HAVE an AR-15 here.

CalNRA
02-02-2007, 8:31 PM
ask your Democrat politicians, they voted the SB23 in, not the hicks.

So I bought some Bushy ten round mags online today so I can shoot more rounds at the range in a row without stuffing bullets (I figure it'll help develp the rhythm of shooting better). I realized that for the exact same price of the 40 rounds I can now stuff, I could have stuffed 120 rounds at once.

Why? What the hell difference does it make to anything? Are my paper targets now safer from my evil assault weapon?

I want to live in a free state :mad:

.50DE
02-02-2007, 9:45 PM

you and me both!:D

DV8
02-03-2007, 7:06 AM
Yeah it sucks. But at least you have a "close to free world config" AR, just a couple of years ago all you could get was the DPMS single shot and FAB-10 lowers. God, how awful those were.

I sold my last ARs prior to coming back to CA in 98. If you think the limited to 10 round feeling is bad, the kicking yourself in the arse feeling because you didnt keep or buy an AR before the ban is even worse.

The only smart thing I did back then was to keep my regular cap mags, but that was partly luck because those were packed and en route so I didnt have time to sell them.

Aluisious
02-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I was alive, but clueless :p

DirtySanchez
02-05-2007, 11:12 AM

hahahaha, I was just thinking that at the range the other day.:D

as i was watching the guys from a local PD shooting his AR with 30rd mags. :mad:

PanzerAce
02-05-2007, 11:15 AM
I was alive, but clueless :p

Same here, but atleast I picked up a couple of beat up mags at a flea market way back when. After swapping out the bodies, I now have 3 perfectly find 30 rounders; I just wish I had saved enough lawnmowing money for more.

tlillard23
02-05-2007, 11:22 AM
be happy you remembered to have a few mags laying around to refurb...