PDA

View Full Version : Holder's hell week recap

vantec08
09-22-2011, 10:08 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/holder_hell_week_J7e9vmxyFCEMJDK47RyvCK

seems our boy eric hasnt had a good week

timmyb21
09-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Wow, in the NY post of all rags...go Issa!

Mute
09-22-2011, 11:03 AM
He's not in jail yet. I don't know how tough his week has really been.

Wherryj
09-22-2011, 11:17 AM

I do: Not even close to tough enough.

Full Clip
09-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Hmmm, although there are (at least) hundreds of these rifles in private hands across the U.S., this is the first time I've ever heard of a Barrett .50 being used in a crime:

"Marisela Morales, the Mexican attorney general, estimates that at least 200 Mexicans have been killed with Fast and Furious weapons -- among them, a powerful Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle that took down a federal helicopter."

Thanks for making it all possible, Mr. Holder!!!

Dreaded Claymore
09-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Hmmm, although there are (at least) hundreds of these rifles in private hands across the U.S., this is the first time I've ever heard of a Barrett .50 being used in a crime:

"Marisela Morales, the Mexican attorney general, estimates that at least 200 Mexicans have been killed with Fast and Furious weapons -- among them, a powerful Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle that took down a federal helicopter."

:fud:

Ignorant writers and reporters have been talking about "Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifles that can shoot helicopters out of the sky" for so long that I think this must be just a memetic mutation, not an actual occurrence. I mean, think about how many times a "fully automatic AK-47 assault rifle" has turned out to be no such thing.

Edit: Looks like seeing is believing. Down below, Burbur posts this news story (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20069270-10391695.html?tag=mncol;lst;1) that confirms "helicopter shot down."

Bhobbs
09-22-2011, 12:02 PM
"The (dumb) idea was to trace cross-border arms trafficking, and so prove the (false) claim that 90 percent of the guns seized in Mexican drug war zones originate in the US. (The real figure is closer to 17 percent.)"

My favorite part.

yellowfin
09-22-2011, 12:08 PM
He's not in jail yet. I don't know how tough his week has really been.It seems the bad guys have a thousand feet: no matter how many times they shoot themselves in the foot, they're still standing.

BroncoBob
09-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Lets see how this little gem plays out

ubet
09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Holder wont be touched for this nor will barak hussein obummer.

Stonewalker
09-22-2011, 12:35 PM
"The (dumb) idea was to trace cross-border arms trafficking, and so prove the (false) claim that 90 percent of the guns seized in Mexican drug war zones originate in the US. (The real figure is closer to 17 percent.)"

My favorite part.

If this is ever proven true, we will have our impeachment and much more. Nothing until then.

Paul S
09-22-2011, 1:07 PM
Holder wont be touched for this nor will barak hussein obummer.

Agreed...QFT

tcd511
09-22-2011, 1:09 PM

Coming up with lies and cover ups takes a lot out of a fellow. :p

Crom
09-22-2011, 1:14 PM
My favorite quote

“There is an ongoing coverup of a pattern of wrongdoing,” Issa noted earlier this week. “Even though I have subpoena ability, I don’t have the ability to lock people up for contempt until they fess up and give us what we want.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/holder_hell_week_J7e9vmxyFCEMJDK47RyvCK#ixzz1Yiabi e8b

Burbur
09-22-2011, 8:26 PM
:fud:

Ignorant writers and reporters have been talking about "Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifles that can shoot helicopters out of the sky" for so long that I think this must be just a memetic mutation, not an actual occurrence. I mean, think about how many times a "fully automatic AK-47 assault rifle" has turned out to be no such thing.

You might want to read this: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20069270-10391695.html?tag=mncol;lst;1
"Shot down" is a little over dramatic "forced to land" might have been overly cautious, but it does appear a Barrett 50 did shoot a Mexican helicopter. : oooh scarrrry :

To the OP, great damning article. The more stones thrown, by more MSM, the better!

Doheny
09-22-2011, 8:47 PM
Yes, it may be the New York Post, but if you look at the URL and the article, you'll see that it's an opinion piece (you know what they say about opinions.)

The author is an ultra-right-wing-writer who wrote "Rules for Radical Conservatives" (that says a lot) and writes a blog with Andrew Breitbart (that says a lot too.)

When the Post starts covering FF on the front page then it will really be a story.

Skidmark
09-22-2011, 8:56 PM
Yes, it may be the NYT, but if you look at the URL and the article, you'll see that it's an opinion piece (you know what they say about opinions.)

The author is an ultra-right-wing-writer who wrote "Rules for Radical Conservatives" (that says a lot) and writes a blog with Andrew Breitbart (that says a lot too.)

When the NYT starts covering FF on the front page then it will really be a story.

NY Post opinion piece, actually. So many opinions and editorials, so little hard news.

I wonder if Issa is making so much noise about Holder in an effort to throw off those who are questioning Issa's own set of questionable ethics.

VW*Mike
09-22-2011, 9:07 PM
I hope they all go down. This administration is more corrupt then Nixon, and worse then Carter! The stuff they have gotten away with for the last few years is finally starting to come undone. Big Chicago politics in DC.

Media huh? I will just leave this here, for those who haven't seen it, its worth a laugh, and is partly true....

http://www.africancrisis.co.za/images/Humor_funny_journalists_guide_to_firearms_ak47_glo ck.jpg

gun toting monkeyboy
09-22-2011, 9:26 PM
Wow, in the NY post of all rags...go Issa!

It is the Post, not the Times. When the Times rolls over on Bam-bams administration, we will know that Hell has indeed truly frozen over.

Doheny
09-22-2011, 9:27 PM
It is the Post, not the Times. When the Times rolls over on Bam-bams administration, we will know that Hell has indeed truly frozen over.

Corrected. :chris: