PDA

View Full Version : Holster for Beretta M9A1

AeroEngi
09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey guys, me and a friend are planning on taking a handgun course in December and he just bought an M9A1. He's in the process of looking for a holster but can't really find anything within his budget ($25-$50). He also prefers a synthetic/carbon fiber holster rather than a leather one. What do you guys recommend? I've read the M9A1 will fit into the Blackhawk CQC (standard, not SERPA) holsters for a Glock 21. Is this true?

Thanks.

fennecfrank
09-22-2011, 10:38 AM
for holsters, I've always recommended Raven Concealment Systems:

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_92&products_id=1563

however, due to the volume of orders they get, the minimum wait time is 4 months..... see if you can find one for sale in the forum or on ebay

AeroEngi
09-22-2011, 11:08 AM
for holsters, I've always recommended Raven Concealment Systems:

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_92&products_id=1563

however, due to the volume of orders they get, the minimum wait time is 4 months..... see if you can find one for sale in the forum or on ebay

Cool thanks. Hopefully it won't take 4 months to get one.

HighLander51
09-22-2011, 1:06 PM
Hey guys, me and a friend are planning on taking a handgun course in December and he just bought an M9A1. He's in the process of looking for a holster but can't really find anything within his budget ($25-$50). He also prefers a synthetic/carbon fiber holster rather than a leather one. What do you guys recommend? I've read the M9A1 will fit into the Blackhawk CQC (standard, not SERPA) holsters for a Glock 21. Is this true?

Thanks.

You will probably need to spend a little more than $50 for a good holster, the $25 range is either nylon junk, or for 1911's/Glocks because there are millions of them.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Belt-Holster-w-TEK-LOK-pr-910.html

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=66

Dhena81
09-22-2011, 1:10 PM
Cool thanks. Hopefully it won't take 4 months to get one.

Don't get your hopes up it will take 4 months but just order it now

Original Phantom
09-22-2011, 1:59 PM
You will probably need to spend a little more than $50 for a good holster...

Yeah, your friend may initially regret spending $10-$20 dollars more on a better quality holster but not anymore then he will regret buying a cheap POS and having to pick up another holster down the line. Blade-tech is not too much outside the budget and wait time are not excessive.

AeroEngi
09-22-2011, 2:14 PM
Cool, thanks for are all the info and links.

zfields
09-22-2011, 2:15 PM
Check out atomicdog, or any of the 20+ kydex makers out there that make similiar styles as raven does.

I still dont understand why raven charges so much, besides the fact that they can, with so many other good makers out there.

Scratch705
09-22-2011, 2:19 PM
Check out atomicdog, or any of the 20+ kydex makers out there that make similiar styles as raven does.

I still dont understand why raven charges so much, besides the fact that they can, with so many other good makers out there.

cause raven got featured in magpul videos. so it makes their exposure bigger.

now if we can get a list of all the holster makers out there, it would probably help others search for better/similar alternatives that are cheaper and with less wait time cause i know i'm in a search for holsters too and it is hard to find a style/fit i like when i don't know all the makers out there.

zfields
09-22-2011, 2:24 PM

Forgot about that. Makes sense now.

I could make a list at some point, I know Ive checked out at least 15, but seen quite a few more.

AeroEngi
09-22-2011, 2:39 PM

now if we can get a list of all the holster makers out there, it would probably help others search for better/similar alternatives that are cheaper and with less wait time cause i know i'm in a search for holsters too and it is hard to find a style/fit i like when i don't know all the makers out there.

Forgot about that. Makes sense now.

I could make a list at some point, I know Ive checked out at least 15, but seen quite a few more.

Agreed! It would be nice to have a complete list of all the manufacturers and hopefully sticky it.

UserM4
09-22-2011, 9:17 PM
I bought a Raven holster a year and a half before Magpul used them in their video. It still took almost 3 months to receive. Great stuff but the kydex clips break. I'd order extras or replace them with metal ones.