PDA

View Full Version : Coharie arms

johncmng
09-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Anyone have a MP5 (94) style rifle made by Coharie Arms? What is their quality like?

tacticalcity
09-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I have yet to try them...but been drooling over their MP5 Pistols for years.

1919_4_ME
09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
There current production ones are awesome. There building on there latest Gen 10 receivers which are flawless and the guns they are cranking out now are very reliable out of the box. I wouldn't worry if your looking at buying a new Coharie.

Heres a video of them being made. Receivers are laser welded via robot now.
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/Todds1_2006/?action=view&current=Hkasmvideo.mp4

chead
09-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Coharie has a great rep, I'd love to have one of their pistols. FYI they have some custom builds on http://www.HKParts.net including a .40 cal that I have been drooling over for a long time.

cosmos0665
09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
I have the mp5 and mp5k from coharie. They don't function well right out of the box. I replaced the bolt carrier assembly and magazine on both of them with an original HK to function 100%. The finish is OK. You can get better ones from custom builders. Check out www.hkpro.com. The price of the gun from custom builders is almost the price of a real HK. When I purchased mine, coharie was the cheapest compaired to everybody else.
I thought Coharie stop selling complete rifles because of the HK lawsuit?

Johnny5.56
09-22-2011, 1:15 PM
I had a Cohaire CA94 Std. model. It did not run 100% out of the box. I had to return it to them to have the head spacing corrected. The rifle was returned with a canted front sight. I replaced to extractor spring and it ran well, but I ended up selling it.

johncmng
09-22-2011, 2:39 PM
GRrrrrrrr the MP5 fake suppressor is not California legal. Man, I hate this state,... Errr I mean I hate the California laws.

cosmos0665
09-22-2011, 3:34 PM
GRrrrrrrr the MP5 fake suppressor is not California legal. Man, I hate this state,... Errr I mean I hate the California laws.

Who said the fake suppressor is not legal? It is pinned to the 3 lug barrel and makes the overall length more than 16". I've seen a coharie ca94fs being sold here at calguns last year.

johncmng
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
I sent Coharie an email if the CA94FS was legal in Cali, they wrote back and said no.

MrExel17
09-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Ya, I looked into this before and it can get very pricey!

asgalindez
09-23-2011, 12:16 AM
I sent Coharie an email if the CA94FS was legal in Cali, they wrote back and said no.

It isn't...until you put a maglock on it and install a 10 round magazine. Then it's legal in CA. :)

NSR500
09-23-2011, 1:01 AM
My MP5 40 Coharie clone runs like a champ.

cosmos0665
09-23-2011, 10:12 AM

Most manufacturers do not know the laws here in CA. Also, they do not know how we go around it and make it legal. If you call sigarms for example they will tell you that the sig556 is not legal here yet we have a lot of it here. If you read the other threads here in this forum, I think calicojack just got an mp5 in from a builder from HKpro.

t001
09-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I believe TB was also famously against selling his products (or relations thereof) to CA - Some of his Gunbroker ads were quite clear about that, even though they are completely legal with the right set up. So I wouldn't be surprised that's how Coharie responded.

CaliforniaRoll
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
I have a coharie 94fs. Had failure to ejects every couple mags. Replaced the bolt with one from hkparts and it's been reliable after that. I believe all you have to do is replace the extractors if you want to save some money on getting the gun working better. It's a fun carbine to shoot. Being able to shoot it at most indoor ranges is a plus.

mike22ca
09-30-2011, 2:43 PM
I have the MP5 full sized pistol, as well as a MP5k pistol. Both shot decent out of the box. However with a lil bit of replacing with HK parts they are both damn near 100%. The welding is much better on the newer coharies too.

surfninja
09-30-2011, 5:51 PM
I just got a new ca53ar off Gunbroker from them that I did a single-shot transfer for. I have to say I'm shocked at how reliable and accurate it has been out of the box! Its my new favorite gun. I didn't tell them I was in CA before I bid & they didn't specify that they wouldn't ship here but like someone else mentioned they WILL NOT ship here they told me. I eventually worked it out with them to hand the gun over to Quentin Defense in Gilbert, AZ who were awesome to deal with and they actually installed the bullet button & sled mag($75 I think) and then shipped it to my FFL(no extra shipping charge either) I recommend this route for anyone that wants to buy a new gun from them.

xfilterx
10-05-2011, 9:24 AM

Todd Bailey is notoriously anti-California. Look at all of his auctions on GB under SWTA (which is his new user name) and you'll see that he will not sell ANYTHING with a serial number to California. I have purchased thousands from that guy and he still refuses to sell anything with a serial number. You need to go through someone like Quentin Defense if you really want something from them. Call Nikki at Black Market Parts (also owned by Todd). She's super friendly...almost makes you forget that you're actually dealing with a Todd-owned company.