View Full Version : Weird Long Beach MC

09-22-2011, 6:36 AM
Curiosity was stirred and I was looking through Long Beach Municipal Code when I came across this: (http://library.municode.com/showDocument.aspx?clientID=16115&docID=6#VOII_TIT16PUFAHILA_CH16.48CE_16.48.080PRAC )

No person shall enter the cemetery with any dog or other animal, carry any firearms upon his person, or enter the grounds of the cemetery at any time between one-half hour after sunset and one-half hour before sunrise without the written permission of the director of parks. No children shall be admitted unless accompanied by some adult person who shall be responsible for their conduct.

Just a little note of strangeness. I wonder if they still allow rifle salutes for military/LEO funerals?

09-22-2011, 7:43 AM
Long Beach also has a law stating that cars are the only items allowed to be stored inside a garage, and another allow prohibiting cursing on a mini-golf course.

I think the people making the laws spend too much time stepping on the needles on the beach.

Dark Mod
09-22-2011, 7:46 AM
So no going into graveyards at night huh? I have to admit i totally agree with this law. Damn Werewolves partying in graveyards, wakes me up in the middle of the night and they always do it on weekdays.

09-22-2011, 7:56 AM
San Francisco prohibits walking your elephant down Market St unless it is on a leash.

09-22-2011, 7:56 AM
Why do they need that law, I think the zombies and other creatures of the night will be able to defend their turf.

09-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Man, this was totally meant for the 2A forum. Curse my insomnia.

09-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Hmmm - do the undead even have rights? If you were buried with your handgun (because they really could NOT pry it out of your cold, dead fingers), and you then rise from the grave, would you still need a LTC? :p

09-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Letting the Zombies have guns does seem like cheating a bit...I am thinking the average undead doesn't contribute much to the CGF warchest. :)

09-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Its probably one of those laws that isnt enforced but if you commit a crime, you bet your *** they'll tack it on. Just like in California sodomy is illegal but no one in San Fran is arrested yet.