View Full Version : KELTEC PLR16 .223

09-21-2011, 11:27 PM
I see ever since I mentioned wanting , but not able to get the PLR16, Ive been seeing alot of WTB post on it. Every gun store except VA in northern cali wont bother with it. To me its a WHOLE lot better than paying a grand for AR pistol... These laws out here really suck and force California residents to settle for whatver these gunstores decide to get or charge...I was even a victim of overpaying for a G27 because no one told me about the $100 off for LEOs and Military thru the GLock company itself..instead these slicksters wanna charge us $100 and more above national retail....

Every now and then 1 of my fav stores in San Diego (Discount Guns) will order a few experimental guns that people dont really see out here. Recently I was picking up a gun and I saw they had a MPA MAC10 rifle..sweet lookin so I put $100 down to hold it...not even 2 mins later a guy asks if he could see the 9mm version and he instantly does the same.....I just hope these orders come thru so I can move out of this state and enjoy 30rd mags like the majority of the country

09-22-2011, 5:19 AM
Check with Parallax Tactical. They are on the list of dealers willing to receive SSE pistols. They could easily do the conversion for you. If they won't do the conversion for you but will receive it already converted; call Table Rock up in OR and Ryan will do the conversion and ship it down for you.

BTW. Thanks for your service :)

09-22-2011, 4:44 PM
Thanks for the info, so when you say conversion do you mean convert my Su16 into a plr16 ??

Full Clip
09-22-2011, 4:52 PM
No, the PLR16 has to be first converted into a single-shot pistol with a BB, then sold to you in that configuration. You may then revert it to its semi-auto functionality (still with a BB). This allows the PLR16 to meet the "single-shot exemption" in CA law, which you can read all about here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692).

09-22-2011, 8:41 PM
I think I seen a PLR16 at VA before. I wanted one bad, I just cruised the marketplace here and found one. It's a blast to shoot.

09-22-2011, 8:49 PM
Bought mine here. Takes the hassle out of converting

09-23-2011, 8:08 PM
Yeah, my Ak pistol was sold like that and it wasnt until I bought that gun that I kinda realized how complicated the gun laws were here. It made no sense to sell a gun with a 30 rd mag modified to shoot only one round from it (Dumbest concept ever and it looks stupid) . Wow, this sucks. I bought a SU16 just because I thought purchasing a plr was out of the question here. Anyone find a store in southern CA? I thought I had a place in Escondido, but they only sell the gun to customers OUTSIDE of the state from their online store... Remember, the store has to be within driving distance from San Diego. Thanks for all the inputs too!