View Full Version : Ruger LC9 Play in the slide

09-21-2011, 9:05 PM
I noticed my Ruger LC9 has quite a bit of move ment when I rack it, and when things should be tight, they're really loose all around from the slide to the guide rod. Things just seem sloppy. Anybody else noticing anything of this nature from their LC9? I can't wait to get it out and shoot it, it hopefully shoots better than I think it will. We'll see though.

09-21-2011, 9:08 PM
I have heard that the LC9 is a loose fitted gun. Kind of like the p85/89, and older 1911's. I don't know from personal experience with the LC9 though, just hear say.

09-21-2011, 9:20 PM
Ive noticed that every polymer gun I own has a loose slide fit (H&K, M&P, Glock). Of course, that is compared to both my 1911s; which isn't a fair comparison. I cant speak for the Ruger LC9 because I've never held or shot one, but that may be normal. However, Rugers aren't known for their fine slide to frame fit. How does the gun shoot? Does it feel like the slide is gonna fly off? If so, call Ruger to make sure to avoid any possible damage to the gun or injury to yourself.

09-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Mines pretty tight.

09-22-2011, 6:24 AM
I'm comparing it to a Kahr PM9 and other subcompacts. This one is much loser laterally and squeezing the slide to frame at the muzzle end will end up with about 2mm of play vertically. Just feels extraordinarily loose to me compared to most others.

09-22-2011, 7:20 AM
Too tight can definitely be a bad thing. I'd just take it out and see how it shoots. Rattle trap 1911's are the most reliable ones!

Mines pretty tight.

That's what she said...