PDA

View Full Version : Barska - Lousy Warranty!

Johnfmx5
09-21-2011, 8:15 PM
About 2 months ago I purchased a Barska Red/Green Dot 20mm scope ~$79. Then about 2 weeks ago, the adjustment dial came loose.

I called Barska and asked for warranty repair. They emailed me an RMA# with instructions on where to return and along with it they are asking for $20 to cover shipping and handling for the return. Wow!~ I was floored! :eek:
According to their customer service person, it's in their riflescope policy.

:(

rero360
09-22-2011, 6:32 PM
You get what you pay for.

secret.asian.man
09-22-2011, 6:49 PM
EXACT PROBLEM I HAD WITH THEM! did you speak with some b!tch named Sandra Almaraz? lol she was the one who gave me the run around.

i had the same problem. i ordered a tactical light from them and the remote pressure switch never worked right out of the package. i called them and they said "we do not stock the pressure switch alone, you will have to ship your whole flashlight back and we will ship out another." when i received the email for the RMA# it said i had to pay the return shipping. i was pissed. i kept the light though the regular end cap works fine and i learned to manipulate it that way.

mattt
09-22-2011, 6:55 PM
You get what you pay for.

joshxcuh1
09-22-2011, 7:14 PM
I had to do warranty through them as well. I just drove to them in La Verne (20 mins away) and they just gave me a new scope.

ADAM
09-22-2011, 8:28 PM
come on guys you bot barska what did you expect, swarovski waranty.I will not take it if barska paid me

CSACANNONEER
09-22-2011, 8:34 PM
I wouldn't even put one on an airsoft. THere's inexpensive and then there's complete crap. Unfortunately, you bought the latter. Consider it a cheap lesson.

Packy14
09-22-2011, 10:05 PM
wait, barska has a warranty? ;) I had one, trash. I threw it away.

Johnfmx5
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Definitely lesson learned. Last time I'm buying a Barska.

Not everyone can afford a Leupold or Swarovski. I have my reasons why I bought a Barska in this case. I was at least expect some decent customer service.

@secret.Asian.man: I did speak to Sandra.

tuna quesadilla
09-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Definitely lesson learned. Last time I'm buying a Barska.

Not everyone can afford a Leupold or Swarovski. I have my reasons why I bought a Barska in this case. I was at least expect some decent customer service.

@secret.Asian.man: I did speak to Sandra.

You can't afford to spend $200 on a decent, servicable scope but you can afford to spend $79 (now $99) on a scope that is now broken because it's cheap crap?

How does that saying go about people fixating on price and neglecting to think about the cost?

Which Way Out
09-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Because of CG's I have learned a lot of things and one of them is, Save your money and get quality equipment. Middle of the road is good and if you can get it on sale all the better.

Droppin Deuces
09-23-2011, 12:50 AM
I have a Barska 1.5-4.5x with FFP MD reticle that has held up really well for me. I'm not saying I would buy another Barska(I've moved on to bigger and better), but this particular scope has done quite nicely and I still use it frequently on my .22. Model# AC10770 if anyone is wondering :)

CSACANNONEER
09-23-2011, 7:53 AM
I have a Barska 1.5-4.5x with FFP MD reticle that has held up really well for me. I'm not saying I would buy another Barska(I've moved on to bigger and better), but this particular scope has done quite nicely and I still use it frequently on my .22. Model# AC10770 if anyone is wondering :)

Even Barska can make a mistake and somehow manufacture a decnt product once in a while. You seem to have gotten one that slipped through their QC and actually works.

rero360
09-23-2011, 6:01 PM
You can't afford to spend $200 on a decent, servicable scope but you can afford to spend $79 (now $99) on a scope that is now broken because it's cheap crap?

How does that saying go about people fixating on price and neglecting to think about the cost?

Exactly, look at it this way, that scope, total cost including repair rounding up (I like nice even numbers) $100. Lasted 2 months.

Take an Aimpoint Micro T-1, will last pretty much forever, heck you can get 5 years or more on a single battery leaving it on continuously, and can be had with a quality mount (Larue) for, again rounding up, $700.

Therefore lets just say the Aimpoint will crap the bed after 10 years, probably last longer than that. Also we shall say that your two months lifespan is about average for the Barska (sounds about right given others past complaining)

Thus you will be spending just as much money on the Barskas (assuming they would actually keep honoring the warranty continuously) Therefore if you were to keep that up, you would have spent the same amount of money on the Barska (not including batteries as I'm pretty freaking confident that they don't have a 5 year run time) as the Aimpoint after a 5 year span.

Buy once, cry once. You don't have the headaches with quality as you do with garbage. Save your money and buy what will last a long time, retain value and will be worth your time and effort.

capitol
09-24-2011, 8:25 AM
He said Barska warranty :smilielol5:

Rhythm of Life
09-24-2011, 8:28 AM
Even Barska can make a mistake and somehow manufacture a decnt product once in a while. You seem to have gotten one that slipped through their QC and actually works.

I guess my spotting scope by them is also a lucky buy.

Or maybe I don't treat my gear like **** so it lasts.

CSACANNONEER
09-24-2011, 9:06 AM
I guess my spotting scope by them is also a lucky buy.

Or maybe I don't treat my gear like **** so it lasts.

Could be. I know of two Barska spotting scopes that have fallen apart. One of them was mine. I bought it about 8-10 years ago when they were just hitting the market. I was sort of glad it failed since, it gave me an excuse to shop for clearer and brighter optics which are built to last.

Droppin Deuces
09-24-2011, 10:31 AM

I know, right? Some jerk must have decided to take it upon themself to put some TLC to my particular scope:p
Honestly, though, I think it just depends on the model and what factory that particular model is sourced from. I'm not the only person I know of who has had very good results with this model.
But again, I wouldn't take a chance on any of their other products.

the_t0ny
09-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I had a barska 4-16 x 50 on my Remington 597 and it holds zero and was clear enough for the price and then I gave it to a friend to put on his Remington 700 in 30-06 for the time being. So far he's zero'd it in and 20 shots of 30-06 later it is still holding zero and hasn't fallen apart or anything. I figured it has a lifetime warranty so it wouldn't hurt if he used it. Would I buy another one, for a 22 maybe but I wouldn't expect much from it. I probably just got lucky with this one.