View Full Version : Before And After Pics Of My AR

09-21-2011, 1:08 PM
Sup dudes!

I bought my first AR a few months ago and wanted it completely stock. I really enjoyed shooting with the old school carry handle and loved the stock look. Unfortunately I couldn't help myself and finally caved in and bought some goodies. I just wanted to thank everyone on Calguns for helping me with my questions and posting some really great user reviews that helped me decide what to buy. ;)

-Spikes Tactical M4 Le Carbine *Waited 2 1/2 Months for my Order*
-Punisher Lower with Lightweight 16" Chrome Lined 1:7 Twist Upper
-Vltor IMOD Modstock
-Ejection Door with Punisher Battle Flag Laser Engraving
-Ergo Grip Handle and Ladder Covers
-Troy Folding BUIS
-Daniel Defense Omega 7.0 Quad Rail
-UTG Bi-pod *Yes its Cheap but it works for me*
-Vortex Strikefire Red+Green Dot Absolute Co Witness *This is a great Bang for the Bucks Optic! I will eventually buy a Eotech and throw the Strikefire on my AK when I find the right mount*

See u guys at the range :)

09-21-2011, 1:33 PM
I never liked the strikefire magnifier. It just sits on the shelf.

09-21-2011, 1:35 PM
that optics looks a bit weird imo.

09-21-2011, 1:57 PM
Looks good, that is how my AR started as well, plane jane stock with the carry handle. I would just suggest a better picture, it needds more light.

09-21-2011, 1:59 PM
I have the 2x magnifier on so it seems kinda long. It looks like a regular Aimpoint when I take it off. Sorry about the pics, the camera on my cell phone sucks and its the only thing I got to take pics with. I'm getting a Eotech xps but still holding off cause I'm not sure which magnifier or mount to buy....

09-21-2011, 2:35 PM
Well you gussyed that sucker up didn't ya? Looks good. :thumbsup:
Also nice Duke Togo (Gulgo 13) avatar.

09-21-2011, 2:51 PM
You should mount the red dot on the receiver itself. As sturdy as some handguards are, the barrel is attached to the upper receiver which is the best place for it.

09-21-2011, 3:16 PM
Nice set-up I need me a simple AR15 like in the first pix. The Vortex is cool for what it cost I have the same thing, on the second pix (just saying) but might be comfortable for you bringing it closer to you at the rear might will work out more just for the fact the eye relief is a bit small on the magnifier (I dont even use the magnifier).

09-21-2011, 3:32 PM
I had it on the receiver the last 2 times I went to the range. I just wanted to move it forward to see what the difference was. I read and seen alot of people that say they shoot better with the red dot mounted further away.

09-21-2011, 4:21 PM
Stock was better :D

09-21-2011, 6:50 PM
The red/green vortex is notorious for failing. Mine died after a month of use on a sig522.

09-21-2011, 7:24 PM
I'd make sure you put blue loctite on all the screws on the Omega rail. the 4 little ones that tighten to the barrel nut will come loose, and will cause zeroing issues for your strikefire ~~ Especially if you keep the optic mounted on it.

I'd move the optic back to the receiver, personally.

ETA: is that a bunk bed?