PDA

View Full Version : need assistance with a MP15 ORC

DirtFarmer916
09-21-2011, 9:38 AM
hey guys new to these forums, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I recently picked up a S&W MP15 ORC.

Im currently looking at getting some Troy industries folding iron sights as well as Aimpoint Pro optical site. I know these will both mount to the gun, what I'm curious about is will they work together?

I've read about the benifits of using iron sights with the optical devise, I want to ensure they will work properly. Plus these are in my price range (-700$)

Anyone use these before? Any other reccomendations from people using this gun with a similar set up? Im open to ideas however I really like the items I chose. So if they work well together then I'll probably just go that route.

Thanks for the help!

marsh1
09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
They will work great together. Your AR has a rail height gas block. That means you order a standard height front not the one that says for a gas block.

Marshall

DirtFarmer916
09-21-2011, 12:26 PM
thanks for clearing up the front sight. I didnt really say I was confused about that but you read my mind.

Thanks Marshal!

DirtFarmer916
09-21-2011, 3:11 PM
Another question....so i picked up the Troy sights but am waiting to get the Aimpoint. I noticed I got the micro sights, after doing a bit of research I think I bought the wrong sights.

Will they work with the Aimpoint?