PDA

View Full Version : answered

UNDFTD
09-21-2011, 10:32 AM
answered

djleisure
09-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Ok was planning on putting together an AR.

My local shop only has expensive "high tier" complete ARs like POF USA And LWRC for 2-3k

They do have a LMT lower with SOPMOD stock and PG. Its around 550 (lol) but I checked online and its only 100 dollars less online. It'll cost 80 +25 for FFL fees so I'm not worried about that. What I'm wondering though is what's a good upper kit I could order besides BCM (lolbackorder).

I don't want to spend to much but I also don't want to put a cheap upper on a expensive (to me) lower.

also I'm 18 so I can't get stripped lowers and buy a 50 dollar PSA receiver.

thanks for the help and any tips

edit: in class on my tablet so sorry if there's a slow response
I think you should check out the Riflegear uppers. They use Daniel Defense parts (last I checked) and build some really nice uppers for a great price.
http://www.riflegear.com/c-99-riflegear-uppers.aspx

UNDFTD
09-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I think you should check out the Riflegear uppers. They use Daniel Defense parts (last I checked) and build some really nice uppers for a great price.
http://www.riflegear.com/c-99-riflegear-uppers.aspx

Those look nice. What's the legality If I ordered a 14.5 and later (before completing the rifle) bought a Battlecomp 1.5 and got someone to weld it on.

Colt-45
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Those look nice. What's the legality If I ordered a 14.5 and later (before completing the rifle) bought a Battlecomp 1.5 and got someone to weld it on.

You would want to get the upper first, have the battlecomp welded and then get your lower. It would be the safes way to go.

UNDFTD
09-21-2011, 10:55 AM
You would want to get the upper first, have the battlecomp welded and then get your lower. It would be the safes way to go.

This seems like a a hassle. Anyone know some manufacturers who weld them on before shipping? I think I've seen that before.

Quinc
Why cant you buy a stripped lower?

djleisure
If you get the 14.5" barrel w/o a muzzle device permanently welded on to make it >16" you run the risk of constructive possession of an SBR. As was already mentioned, if you don't have ANY AR lowers, before your barrel is >16" then you're fine OR if you have an AR pistol lower, then you're fine. It's generally the best bet to have the barrel already be >16" when you receive it (and most places will weld it for free if you buy from them.)

djleisure
09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
You must be 21 yrs. old to buy a stripped lower, because technically it is NOT a long gun.

djleisure
09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
This seems like a a hassle. Anyone know some manufacturers who weld them on before shipping? I think I've seen that before.
Riflegear will.

UNDFTD
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM

You have to be 21 because that lower can be turned into an AR pistol.

UNDFTD
09-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Riflegear will.

Oh crap didn't see that. Wow $190 :eek:

So it looks like atleast 1600 for the bare rifle. Is this high? Any other tips/suggestions

djleisure
09-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Oh crap didn't see that. Wow $190 :eek:

So it looks like atleast 1600 for the bare rifle. Is this high? Any other tips/suggestions
Well, they are basically charging $30 for their service ($160 for the BC is pretty standard.) Maybe if you buy the upper AND the comp from them, they'll reduce or remove that fee? They are very reasonable people, I'd say just give them call and see what they say. Tell them you're from Calguns. ;)

Also, you said you wanted "upper tier" products, so that's where I'm pointing you to. If you want just any old upper, there are plenty of cheaper options. ;)

Colt-45
09-21-2011, 11:21 AM
This seems like a a hassle. Anyone know some manufacturers who weld them on before shipping?

Noveske Rifleworks does that. The 14.5 upper that I purchased from them came with flash hider welded to it already. Don't know if they do that to all of them.

This might be of interest to you:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/imimg/sc-moe_3.jpg

Noveske, 14.5 inch barrel pinned from factory. Complete rifle, high end manufacturer $1450

Agent Tikki
09-21-2011, 12:22 PM

BCM bravo company, does this. Their quality is comparable to DD and can be had for a wee bit cheaper.