PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Scope, Red Dot Sight & accessory for Sig P226 please?

masayako
09-21-2011, 9:23 AM
I'm looking into shooting my local club bullseye and target shooting events. Please recommend me some high quality Scope, Red Dot Sight & "should-have" accessory for Sig P226 please?

unusedusername
09-21-2011, 9:50 AM
Do you want to permanently modify the gun, or do you want to be able to use it for anything other then target shooting?

Most of the best mods for bullseye/target shooting would make the pistol unsuitable for HD use.

mossy
09-21-2011, 10:45 AM
i dont think you can put a scope on a p226 without alot of work done on gun.

bubbapug1
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I would highly recommend a burris fast fire which can be mounted easily on your gun.

aermotor
09-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Scope on a P226? Yikes.

The Burris Fast Fire is a great little red dot.

Canucky
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
If your Sig has a rail.....
http://www.sigsauer.com/sigstore/ShowProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=29&productid=333

shinbone
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
I wouldnt jump ahead so fast to buying a red-dot for bullseye. I would instead buy some Bomar style target sights for it first, one of these scopes (http://www.championshooters.com/store/product.php?productid=652&cat=338&page=1), and an action cleanup by Grayguns.

Bullseye takes alot of training. This is your best source for gear info: www.bullseyepistol.com

masayako
09-21-2011, 7:44 PM
I want to be able to use it for other AR or handguns

Do you want to permanently modify the gun, or do you want to be able to use it for anything other then target shooting?

Most of the best mods for bullseye/target shooting would make the pistol unsuitable for HD use.

unusedusername
09-21-2011, 9:36 PM
Are you really looking to get into bullseye, or are you just looking for a red dot you can have fun with on either a handgun or a rifle?

If you want to get into bullseye then adding a red dot is one of the last modifcations you make after you have already done everything else. If you want to shoot a pistol accurately then the thing to start with is an action job. Grey guns has no waiting list right now and they are one of the best for Sigs.

If you are trying to start getting into competitive shooting then really all you need right now is a non-crappy pistol, and the Sig 226 you already have will do just fine for that. Buying all the expensive add ons won't help you until you know which ones you prefer.

If what you are really looking for is a red dot to play with then pick up the rail mount Canucky linked to, along with a nice small tube red dot. An Aimpoint Micro is the top of the stack right now in that it has the clearest dot, however it is pretty pricy and you have to get a quick detatch mount for it as well if you want to be able to switch it between guns quickly.

masayako
09-21-2011, 10:33 PM
That's unbelievable useful information. Thank you very much.