PDA

View Full Version : KRISS Super V vs SCAR 17S Heavy

Firedude1980
09-21-2011, 1:07 AM
Looking for my next gun. What do you think a KRISS super V or a SCAR 17S Heavy in Tan? Let's here it all

neal0124
09-21-2011, 1:14 AM
SCAR. The KRISS is lame with the fixed stock and extended barrel.
It's more fun shooting long range anyway.

richzmn
09-21-2011, 1:20 AM
Those are the two most different guns you could find?

I just ordered a blk Scar 17, it should be here next week.

It will shoot any ammo, it's not picky.

I had a Scar 16 and it would shoot any ammo. The 17 will be no different.

Get one while you can.

jcaoloveshine
09-21-2011, 1:22 AM
So, do you wanna be a mall ninja or a super mall ninja?

If you get the SCAR 17 at least you'll be able to hit stuff at range.

MrPlink
09-21-2011, 2:30 AM
SCAR, cant really take advantage of what is cool about the KRISS unless you have a select fire model. Not to mention, without being able to AT LEAST SBR it, it looses a lot of cool points.

Scar 17 you get great precision at range, with a rather light recoil impulse for a full sized round all in a package that does not weigh much.

Uriah02
09-21-2011, 3:17 AM
if you can't get a SBR Kriss, there's no point. Go with the SCAR.

09-21-2011, 3:37 AM
SCAR 17S ... in Black.

dascoyne
09-21-2011, 5:48 AM

^ this.

"Should I get a pickup truck or a jetski?" I don't know how to answer that. It depends on your purposes.

Rekrab
09-21-2011, 6:43 AM
After having shot the KRISS I came to the same conclusion I did when it first became available: "It would be awesome outside of California, but I will never drop that much cash on such a neutered firearm."

In its neutered rifle state it weighs a ton. No way I'd even consider one. Add to that that I wouldn't be able to use high capacity magazines and it's just a huge no-go.

crazychinaman
09-21-2011, 7:47 AM
The kriss is a big pistol,too heavy for civis.Get the Scar 17s or wait for the Longer barrel version this year.

xxINKxx
09-21-2011, 8:48 AM
I owned a kriss (got it from riflegear) first off it's not worth the price. 2nd recoil still is very present. Magazines would only drop free smoothly if the bolt was closed, charging handle felt cheap and hard to pull back, and was awkward since it was tiny. Also if you shot it without a VFG something near the charging handle/bolt release would bite your finger. The hard plastic stock + recoil rattled my jaw bad and I got a bad headache after 30 rounds fired. My shoulder even hurt too since the entire stock is hard brittle plastic with no pad. Very strange

I think IF you could add some sorta pad to the stock, have it a SBR, and drop the price several hundreds of dollars it might be worth it.

CA version is pointless, Although it was extreamly accurate, comfy to hold, and can be shot at any indoor range.

I sold the kriss after the first range trip

You could have as much fun and do the same thing with a .45 hi-point carbine for 300$

seainc
09-21-2011, 8:56 AM
Hi richzmn, How much does 17s cost you? Thanks

Get one while you can.

xibunkrlilkidsx
09-21-2011, 9:21 AM
seems like it is a unanimous....

SCAR ftw.

Olav
09-21-2011, 9:28 AM
SCAR

HK Dave
09-21-2011, 9:33 AM
There is no comparison, SCAR. The KRISS might be cool if it could be used as it was intended, but in CA it's just a really heavy beast of a neutered handgun. :P

Bhobbs
09-21-2011, 9:35 AM
The whole point of the KRISS was to make a .45 ACP SMG that was controllable on full auto. I would only own one if it was full auto.

pacrimguru
09-21-2011, 9:38 AM
those are two completely different guns. figure out which one you'd get more enjoyment out of owning and go with that. the SCAR would most likely be limited to outdoor range use. The KRISS can be shot at most any indoor range. Ammo and associated set up costs (optic, etc) for the SCAR are a lot higher. it just depends on what your uses are and budget is.

shipwreck
09-21-2011, 9:51 AM
I played with a KRISS at a gun show a week ago. I actually like the balance, and I found it rather light.

However, I went the MSAR AUG route once, and the company is now bankrupt. I won't buy a rifle from a small company again.

If the KRISS was made by a larger company, I might risk it...

I am contemplating buying a SCAR 16 soon (if I can ever sell my 1911). However, the SCAR 17 is TOTALLY different than the KRISS.

HKDoc
09-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Scar.

nitroxdiver
09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Scar all the way. If your looking for a pistol cal carbine,
The hk USC is nice and it's relatively affordable (for an hk)

MrExel17
09-21-2011, 11:57 AM
SCAR17:rolleyes:

kozumasbullitt
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
The kriss is a big pistol,too heavy for civis.Get the Scar 17s or wait for the Longer barrel version this year.

Where did you here that the 20" model will be available later this year? I was under the impression that the SSR will be ridiculously more expensive than the 17 and not be readily available for civilian purchase.

Colt-45
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I'd go with the Scar 17 in black. In tan, the rifle doesn't match at all, about 3 different tans in the same rifle.

The KRISS Super V is weird with a small compact body and a long barrel. If I was out of state and could get an SBR, that would be a good option, but with the long barrel I'll pass.

richzmn
09-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi richzmn, How much does 17s cost you? Thanks

I'm getting it from an FN dealer in MO. My original price was 2650 shipped.

Instead I sent him my Scar 16 and a mo for 500.

He's an awesome dealer. Sportsman's Paradise, the owner is Steve. He'll give you a fair deal.

Haplo
09-22-2011, 2:45 PM
I have handled a Kriss myself at a dealer, very cool gun, but I wouldn't want one unless it was of the machine gun variety. The SCAR 17 is on my wish list; a gun completely opposite of the Kriss.

Dhena81
09-22-2011, 3:45 PM
Go with the Scar out of those choices but I will add at least with the KRISS you can find and buy magazines.

MrPlink
09-22-2011, 3:52 PM
Go with the Scar out of those choices but I will add at least with the KRISS you can find and buy magazines.

thats changing as we speak, FN is going to have a regular supply available online
in their webstore. I believe they are taking pre-orders already (which I should jump on!)

santacruzstefan
09-22-2011, 4:57 PM
LMT MWS :hide:

Dhena81
09-22-2011, 5:01 PM
thats changing as we speak, FN is going to have a regular supply available online
in their webstore. I believe they are taking pre-orders already (which I should jump on!)

Do you want to trade your 17 for my 16 it came in multicam from the factory.

LMT MWS :hide:

Not a bad choice either.

MrPlink
09-22-2011, 5:09 PM
Do you want to trade your 17 for my 16 it came in multicam from the factory.

Not in a million years!
Financially tempting considering I quit my job and went back to school, so putting up the cash to shoot 762nato/308 isnt the easiest thing for me to do I love this gun far too much.

Besides, Ive got a LMT based pistol for when I need my 5.56 fix

Do you really have a factory multicam scar, or are you just making a reference to the mismatched factory FDE (which mine is as well)?
If so, Id love to see it!

edit: and yeah, the MWS is a really nice gun too, very different from a SCAR though (although considering this started as SCAR17 vs Kriss, I guess it is a bit closer of a comparison).
MWS is another thing I considered (along with the REPR) but ultimately I wanted something a bit more removed from the AR platform

Full Clip
09-22-2011, 5:11 PM
The KRISS is lame with the fixed stock and extended barrel.

Not to mention the additional lameness of 10-round mags and a BB on it.

Dhena81
09-22-2011, 9:20 PM
Not in a million years!
Financially tempting considering I quit my job and went back to school, so putting up the cash to shoot 762nato/308 isnt the easiest thing for me to do I love this gun far too much.

Besides, Ive got a LMT based pistol for when I need my 5.56 fix

Do you really have a factory multicam scar, or are you just making a reference to the mismatched factory FDE (which mine is as well)?
If so, Id love to see it!

edit: and yeah, the MWS is a really nice gun too, very different from a SCAR though (although considering this started as SCAR17 vs Kriss, I guess it is a bit closer of a comparison).
MWS is another thing I considered (along with the REPR) but ultimately I wanted something a bit more removed from the AR platform

I'll give you an Ada boy Plink good for you going back to school. Yes my reference to the mismatched factory FDE was my attempt at a joke. Don't sell it but if you do sell it to me that's on my short list of expensive must have gear.

mif_slim
09-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Look, both guns are novelty and get which one would wow people the most. I think the KRISS will wow people more. The SCAR is a fine weapon but for is civies the most we are going to do is kill paper targets and ring metal plates. If your into shooting longer range, Scar, if your into close quarter zombie target killing, KRISS.

If the AR wasn't that great, I would t even use it for hunting, but because it's accurate enough I use it. Other then that, it punches paper 80% of the time.

The AK on the other hand isn't accurate enough for hunting so I don't even concider using that for hunting. Strickly range gun, but I still have one.

The choice is yours.

GettoPhilosopher
09-22-2011, 11:07 PM

Get one while you can.

Hey, can you help me figure out my next purchase? I'm either going to buy a M2HB or a Glock. Any opinions? ;)

MrPlink
09-23-2011, 4:37 AM
Hey, can you help me figure out my next purchase? I'm either going to buy a M2HB or a Glock. Any opinions? ;)

If only they made a glock in 50bmg, you'd be set!
I'll give you an Ada boy Plink good for you going back to school. Yes my reference to the mismatched factory FDE was my attempt at a joke. Don't sell it but if you do sell it to me that's on my short list of expensive must have gear.

cheers on the nod.
The funny thing is, the SCAR was a "last stupid purchase" I made as soon as I quit my job. Tossed nearly my entire final bonus check into it knowing that I wouldnt have an option to do such a thing in quite some time, despite the fact that I knew it would not be easy to come up with the cash to shoot it as much as I would like.

Oh well, the BA is almost finished, then a few years of law school, then a few years of looking for a job, then 20 years of paying off loans and THEN I should be able to afford ammo on a regular basis :D

richzmn
09-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Get the M2HB. You'll never be happy with your Glock when you see everyone else at the range with their M2HB's.

Post some photo's when you get it.

:popcorn:

stormy_clothing
09-23-2011, 4:12 PM
mk216

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/catalog/PWS_MK216_762_L_1.jpg