PDA

View Full Version : Burris E1 Scope and P.E.P.R. Mount

LBDamned
09-20-2011, 9:00 PM
I just received my Burris Fullfield E1 3-9X40 scope and P.E.P.E. Quick Detach Mount.

I am very impressed - it is much better than expected!

I'm no expert by any means - but I did research (read reviews and looked through several) lots of sub $300 scopes, I was able to check out the previous version (Fullfield II), but had not found the E1 in person so I went solely on reviews... and this Burris is much clearer than I expected (overall quality and visibility is better than any other I checked out)... Overall feel is exceptional (nothing cheap feeling about it) - the turrets are solid with perfect fit screw on caps (that are knurled), the mag adjustment ring is equally solid - this thing truly does exceed my expectations...

The mount is equally as impressive - however it's a little heavy, but for what it is I guess that's expected. The machining is top notch - as good as the ADM and ARMS QD mouts I have on RDS'...

For $275 OTD (scope and mount), I really cant see how anything else can beat it! I'm not sure spending even $100-$200 more would get anything better... this is one of the better purchases I've made lately (and there have been many :o)

I'm uncommonly happy with this setup - just thought I'd share (for what it's worth)... I'd post pics, but I haven't had time to take any yet (besides, the photos on their site shows all there is to see)...

Here's a great review (with many details): http://randywakeman.com/Burris-Fullfield-E1-Riflescopes.htm

ejhc11
09-21-2011, 3:59 AM
Here I'll post a pic - have the same setup - got it at Grafs.com about $230 shipped! :yes:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/ejhc11/AR15/ARLR3.jpg

LBDamned
09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
^^^ is that the QD mount? (I'm on my phone and can't tell from the pic)... if so, 230 is a smokin' deal for scope and mount...

I paid $175 for the scope from red-dot-scopes.com and 99 for quick detach mount from midwayusa... western sport has the mount for 89 (with an additional 10% off from their Facebook special) but they are currently out of stock

ejhc11
09-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Not QD - Grafs.com was outta stock, the std. mount was like ~$55? and QD was ~$70. You have a C&R license? That applies to Grafs.com dealer pricing.