PDA

View Full Version : Military Private Transfer

FinalStar
09-20-2011, 7:09 PM
Im sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but I did some searching, but I just dont know enough of the technically details to find it properly.

I know someone from the military that is trying to get me a Jericho 941. He does not live in CA, but he is going to be stationed here for a while. Is it possible to transfer it to me even though it is not on the list or a resident?

Librarian
09-20-2011, 7:12 PM
Im sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but I did some searching, but I just dont know enough of the technically details to find it properly.

I know someone from the military that is trying to get me a Jericho 941. He does not live in CA, but he is going to be stationed here for a while. Is it possible to transfer it to me even though it is not on the list or a resident?

No, not unless you are exempt from the Roster.

Since the seller is not a CA resident, it would be an interstate transfer; that requires an FFL, and that kind of transfer requires either that the handgun be on the Roster, or that you be exempt.

If the seller gets stationed - PCS, Permanent Change of Station - in CA, then he would be a resident so far as Feds and CA are concerned, and the transfer could be a PPT, which works only among CA residents, but is NOT subject to the Roster.

See the wiki: Interstate transfer - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Transferring_firearms_Interstate

FinalStar
09-20-2011, 8:55 PM
Interstate transfer.... Thank you very much. See thats exactly the kind if info I needed. Thanks a lot