View Full Version : ruger p95 in the east bay area?

09-20-2011, 5:06 PM
Hey guys, Im looking to purchase a ruger p95. The cheapest FFL I can find is $100 so I figured it would be a heck of a lot cheaper to purchase it from a gun store. Problem is I can't find anyone that carries it, Im new to the area from texas (where laws are fair :-() just playing guys.. But if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated and also a gun store with a good selection of handguns in the $250-350 range. Thanks in advance. BTW I'm in hayward the closer the better.

09-20-2011, 6:10 PM
I've seen them a few times at Center Mass in Vacaville.

09-20-2011, 6:41 PM

Here ya go, this guys in Fremont I have bought and did transfers with him plenty of times

09-20-2011, 7:20 PM
Thanks guys. Ibgreezy- is the price listed on the guns out the door (not including taxes of course) or do you need to do ffl?

09-20-2011, 7:45 PM
and do you know how much ugimports does ffl transfers for because at budsgunshop.com the ruger p95 is 300 w/ free shipping.

09-20-2011, 8:01 PM
i've seen them in outdoor sportsman in stockton for 325-350... if you're gonna make the trip, call them first to be sure.

09-20-2011, 8:05 PM
thanks jang. Ive been there I love that store I'm going to stockton to visit family on saturday so ill stop by and see.

09-20-2011, 9:35 PM
afanas guns and ammo in vavaville does $65 includes dros plus tax,using them now.also if your in sac are i called wild sports last week and they had specials going.sigma $250,ruger p95 i think was 399,and glock 19 for $479.i have never been there though just phone shopping before i found my sw .40

09-21-2011, 12:30 AM
If your in Hayward just go down to Milpitas (about 20 minuets away on 880 south) and buy a P95 from Targetmasters. I see them all the time there for the mid-$300 range.

09-21-2011, 9:29 AM
+1 on targetmasters, I was thinking about their p95 because of the good price, lowish 300 range. Just be prepared to do alot of paperwork, ALOT.

09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Target masters is your best bet, they had one there yesterday. But like others have said be prepared for a long buying process. They are slow and have far too much paperwork.

09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
What do you guys mean by long buying process? Does it take longer 10+ days or is it just alooot more paperwork? (man i love that word) Well I just called and they had 2 in stock $335 for all black and $365 for 2 tone. I have one more question, Im sorry I've never bought a weapon straight through a gun store. When you buy a firearm through a gun store is there still the ffl fees or is it there price +taxes and thats it? Thanks for hanging in there with me guys.

09-21-2011, 4:29 PM
it will be there asking price,tax,ffl fee,dealer fee if any,and $25 hgsc if you dont have it.

09-21-2011, 4:31 PM
Awesome ill check them out tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all your help.

09-21-2011, 9:47 PM
By long process I mean, plan on at least an hour to complete the paperwork. I've heard of it taking longer if they're busy.

09-22-2011, 9:06 AM
Yeah it took me over an hour to fill out all their paperwork. And it wasn't that either the employee or I was standing around doing nothing, I was signing papers the whole time. slight inconvenience, but fine if you don't have a deadline or plans directly afterwards.

09-22-2011, 10:04 AM
TM seems to have a bunch of their own (unnecessary) checklists that they make you fill out. For example, their Gun Sale Tracker... plust they have an 11 day waiting policy. Take a look at their web page under the "buying a firearm" tab and you can download them all. They're doing it to cover their butts, but it shouldn't be as long/difficult as they make it.

It took me 30 minutes elsewhere, my first DROS/4473, the other place's first (legal) non-resident alien. 15 minutes of it was them on the phone to the DOJ because it wasn't apparent how to enter the I-94 through the computer. Mind you, I had my ***** together with copies of my utility bills for 120 days back, DL, passport, I-94, hunting license all ready for them. Plus tax bill/jury summons/registration backup since I moved. Really, it's not that hard to do it fast and do it legal at the same time.

09-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Getting off topic, but come on TM has to be very careful just like any FFL has to be careful. I've heard that TM is one of the highest volume gun sellers in the state and they didn't get that way by being reckless and sloppy with all of Big Bro's paperwork and regulations. I'm more than happy to let any FFL take their time getting things right when I'm buying a firearm. It protects their butt as well as keeps me from having any DOJ trouble. When I go to buy or pick-up a firearm I make sure I'm not in any hurry to go somewhere eles afterwards. Does anyone think any FFL enjoys the time and cost of following all the state/Fed paperwork & regs?
Look up Traders Sports in San Leandro (former top 10 gun seller in CA) and read about what happens when your documents are incomplete or missing and the DOJ comes a calling.