PDA

View Full Version : Varient of the Varient (PSL-Dragonuv)

NYsteveZ
09-20-2011, 3:37 PM
I will be in the market for a PSL within the next month. I am currently paying off a SVT-40, just bought a MAC 10, and Im concerned on the availability of the PSL (late October/November purchase), and otherwise would have halted the MAC purchase to at least put a PSL on layaway had I realized the short supply. All that aside, I have seen different types of Dragonuv type rifles. The only three that I am willing to pay going value for are the PSL, Waffen Werks or VEPR. The WW looks like a short barreled version, and honestly looks like an AK that shoots 54. The VEPR seems nice, but is there a conversion kit (a la SAIGA-AK)? I am really interested in a Dragonuv clone or authentic military type rifle. Are these my only options?
(insert build party suggestion here :) ) Okay, if thats the case, I want to go the Iraqi Tabuk route. Possible? And where besides Baghdad can I get a parts kit for that? Much rather take the plug and play option of a prebuilt rifle like a PSL, (school and work) but....Gotta do what I gotta do

ZX-10R
09-20-2011, 3:55 PM
PSL...If you can find one. IF you want one easier, then get a VEPR but will cost more and will probably shoot no better than a PSL if only slightly. WW54 is just a shortened PSL. If you are in a real state, then skys the limit with getting a real drag.

someR1
09-20-2011, 4:04 PM
i vote VEPR

13204u
09-20-2011, 5:50 PM
The Iraqi Tabuk is built on a yugo m-70 front end. You can make a reasonable clone if you can get yourself a fixed stock yugo parts kit, get the appropriate receiver, and then find a barrel that will work. Nodak spud has the reproduction flash hider as well. The last time I saw the barrel was when copes had a special run done, and that was a couple of years ago. Not sure if green mountain can special make you one. As for the associated scope good luck, many tabuks in Iraq weren't even equipped with them. However a PSOP make a good substitute.

NYsteveZ
09-21-2011, 9:47 AM
Thanks fellas, I see a few places with PSL's and they cost $700 plus. I dont mind paying that, and if they are still available in the next month, I will. Yesterday, my local shop showed me a micro uzi....damn. I would like one of those, and I also know they are pretty limited too as IMI only sold so many kits. Now i just have to decide if I want to expand my Commy collection, and perhaps add some Kosher salt and Matzo ball soup. It was SWEET