PDA

View Full Version : AR-10 Armalite-Pattern Upper Receivers and Parts

willurd
09-20-2011, 1:02 PM
Hey all. I'm currently putting together an Armalite-pattern AR-10. I've been searching and searching and I cannot find ANY upper receivers or upper parts that are compatible with Armalite-pattern AR-10 lower receivers. Every single part I have seen has been DPMS-specific. Does anyone know of any websites that sell Armalite-pattern AR-10 upper receivers and upper parts?

Fobjoe
09-20-2011, 1:38 PM
only other armalite compatible upper assemblies are from noveske. Aero precision makes Armalite pattern AR-10 style lowers. That's all I can think of offhand

crazychinaman
09-20-2011, 1:52 PM
The parts and mags are more expensive than Dpms pattern.check out ar15.com or 7.62sass.com they have Armalite parts in stock.

cabinetguy
09-20-2011, 2:02 PM
im sure with google-foo you can find some, but this is why i went dpms pattern. call/pm some of the vendors above, im sure they can help.

willurd
09-20-2011, 2:09 PM
only other armalite compatible upper assemblies are from noveske. Aero precision makes Armalite pattern AR-10 style lowers. That's all I can think of offhand

After reading this I realized the one place I did not check was armalite's website. I guess I didn't do this subconsciously because "Armalite AR-10"s are illegal in cali...but that doesn't make the parts illegal. I checked the site and they do sell parts, albiet they are expensive.

The parts and mags are more expensive than Dpms pattern.check out ar15.com or 7.62sass.com they have Armalite parts in stock.

Yea, I bought the lower receiver a few years ago. I wish I knew more about guns back then and had done more research. I have learned my lesson though.

im sure with google-foo you can find some, but this is why i went dpms pattern. call/pm some of the vendors above, im sure they can help.

Yea, I'd like to think my foo is strong, but I couldn't find anything :/ It's very likely I am just not using the correct search phrases. Anything like "ar-10 upper receiver" or "308 upper receiver" gives me DPMS stuff only.

edgerly779
09-20-2011, 2:15 PM
ak parts kits.com has had ar10 uppers in 24 and 16" armalite compatible also vulcan / hess are compatible. I have one.