View Full Version : Does anyone use a leupold deltapoint and love it or hate it?

09-20-2011, 10:25 AM
I like the form factor, the cost is reasonable, and I REALLY like the idea of a pointed reticle rather than a circle.

Does anyone have one and love it or hate it?

Hows the parallax? intended use is 100 yard shooting.

09-25-2011, 8:49 PM
I was looking into getting one also, but did some reading on it and heard many complaints about ghosting. So I never got one, but sure looks interesting.

09-30-2011, 9:33 AM
I purchased the Burris Fastfire II, but my decision was based on price. Both are auto-adjusting, I liked the Deltapoint better - it was brighter. In the end, even though I thought the Deltapoint was superior, I couldn't justify paying twice the price and went with the Fastfire II.

It would be nice to have the ability to set your own brightness point to auto-adjust from.

Mark H.

09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Brightness worries me less than parallax. I'm not sure I've played with any burris model that didn't have parallax problems at every distance.

On the other hand, I've not played with the leupold at all (noone here stocks it)

10-14-2011, 8:29 AM
OK, does anyone know the parallax calibration of the delta point? Is it 50y or infinity? Can't find it anywhere on the factory website or internet.

Also, does anyone know of ANY open style (non-tube) red dot sight with parallax at infinity? Seems they are all at 50y or less.

11-30-2011, 9:27 AM
Rabbit- looking at dp too w same ?'s. The only sight I know that is true parallax free is the eotech, since its a holo. (I've shot it and love it) Triji rx reflexes compensate for parallax so they are called 'free'. (they are short tubes tho) Jpoint and Cmore STS claims they are. No evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, that they are.

11-30-2011, 10:05 AM
I've since learned that nothing is parallax free.

Ultimately, with a lack of experience out there on the deltapoint, I got a good recommendation for ultradots. handgun hunters like them, big bore pistoleros like them, and apparently military competition shooters use them. That's good enough for me.