PDA

View Full Version : Considering Blue Force Gear UDC Padded Bungee Sling

pratchett
09-19-2011, 9:38 PM
I'm considering the Blue Force Gear UDC Padded Bungee Sling, but $62 is a lot of money to throw down on a sling if I'm not sure it's a quality product.

I want a padded single-point sling, and I like the BFG's UDC because it has the ability to attach via the 1.5" strap; otherwise, I'm socking out another however-much for an HK-style connection, and I don't particularly want to do that, either. So what say you? Is the Blue Force Gear UDC Padded Bungee Sling a good piece of gear, or can you advise something else?

djleisure
09-19-2011, 10:53 PM
I can advise you get just about any two-point over a single-point. Unless you're running CQB drills all day long, you're not gonna like a single point, especially a bungee single-point! If you proceed with a single-point I will also advise you wear a cup while you get used to it - they're nut-whackers!

I have Troy padded, non-bungee single points on my AR and AK pistols and like them for that. Not a fan for them on rifles. YMMV!

brando
09-20-2011, 3:44 PM
Single point bungee slings tend to be best for weapons that you unstow/stow briefly like breaching shotguns, in my opinion. Adjustable two-point slings are far more versatile for a primary weapon as they have many of the pros of single-point slings, without the many cons. Single points on a primary are very fast to work with, especially during weak soldier transitions, however they become a headache when you need to move quickly and especially when you need both hands free (surprisingly often in a tactical environment).

pratchett
09-21-2011, 6:08 AM
Thanks for your advice. I decided on the VTAC Padded (Upgrade) 2 point. I hope I'll be happy with it.

djleisure
09-21-2011, 8:42 AM
Thanks for your advice. I decided on the VTAC Padded (Upgrade) 2 point. I hope I'll be happy with it.
That's a great sling - I have three of them. :D

Untamed1972
09-21-2011, 9:50 AM
single point slings are better for smaller/shorter weapons like an MP5 of other sub-gun, or maybe an AR pistol.

But for a 16" carbine......speaking from personal experience.....go 2pt sling!

Do some run-n-gun classes, especially with transitions to sidearm drills and you will figure out in about |<------>| that many seconds why.

At a minimum if you do run a single point with a carbine you need some kind of rifle hook/catch on the side of your belt so when you sweet your rifle to the side to transition to secondary.....your rifle will stay there and not be banging off your knees and balls and everything else.....something that wouldn't happen with a shorter type sub-gun.