PDA

View Full Version : reloaders in pasadena? or downtown LA?

atlas
02-01-2007, 2:46 AM
Hopefully this will not sound to much like a personals ad, but... I am a good quality graduate student at Caltech in engineering and looking for someone who would be willing to let me come watch/learn/help them reload.

Anyone willing to show me the ropes out there? For the moment I am interested in loading 25.06 and 223. With the right setup I would ideally reload for most of my firearms (which are limited now but growing in number).

I frequent Pasadena and Downtown LA most of the time so hopefully I can find someone relatively close by.

atlas
02-01-2007, 8:53 PM
Seriously there is no one who would be willing to help me get some experience?

My dad did a lot of hunting and shooting before he married my mom and never passed down the knowledge. I have been shooting for a year but not really learned much about reloading and shooting farther than 100yds accurately. He gave me his 25.06 hunting rifle and I have 223 that I would like to get into shooting long distance, but I cannot afford to shoot a lot without reloading. Anyway, hopefully someone will take pity on me and help out a fledgling.

xYourLocalAR15x
02-01-2007, 9:02 PM
i would, but i just moved from 310 to 949

Ninja45
02-02-2007, 12:50 PM
If only you are not 300 miles away from me, I'll help you out in a heartbeat. However, if ever you are between SFran and Sacramento areas, shoot me a PM and I'll help you out. I do load for .223's and others.

Ninja45

Aluisious
02-02-2007, 1:01 PM
Hopefully this will not sound to much like a personals ad, but... I am a good quality graduate student at Caltech in engineering and looking for someone who would be willing to let me come watch/learn/help them reload.

Anyone willing to show me the ropes out there? For the moment I am interested in loading 25.06 and 223. With the right setup I would ideally reload for most of my firearms (which are limited now but growing in number).

I frequent Pasadena and Downtown LA most of the time so hopefully I can find someone relatively close by.
If you're a good grad student at CalTech, how come you haven't figured out how to make laser guns or something yet?

Pshaw! :D

grammaton76
02-02-2007, 1:40 PM
Another guy way out of range for you. :p

I reload 223, but I'm down in San Diego.

atlas
02-02-2007, 2:13 PM
I see the north and south of me have a corner on the helpfulness. :)

dw1784
02-02-2007, 2:26 PM
I'm an hr east of you, it'll only take 5min to show you the basics.

fyi, at the Costa Mesa gunshow this weekend, there's a vendor that sells reloading equipment. Nicest guy in the world. He'll be able to answer all your questions.

fyi2, Lee Precisions has online tutorials (http://www.leeprecision.com/html/HelpVideos/video.html). That's where I get my info.

ghostwong
02-03-2007, 11:01 PM
They have a reloading store by the range. I think you can get info over there. The guys at the reloading store got me good info and showed me the new presses. A dillion is what I want, I have a Lee 1000 sitting around. Good Luck