PDA

View Full Version : ACR caliber conversion!!!

prerunners4life
09-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Does anyone have any info on these things yet?

Are they ever coming out? Even any different barrel lengths?

ir0nclash86
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Lame. The way i read your title was as if you just found caliber conversions available for sale now.

cmace22
09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Ya, this "!" is different than "?" You kinda implied that there was a conversion out.

richzmn
09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Here's how it works. If you call Bushmaster today, they will say end of the year. Then call them in January and depending who you talk to either March or early summer.

This is what has happened to me since the rifle came out.

Also some will say it'll have a lower that accepts AK mags for the 7.62x39 conversion. Others will say that you use the stock lower with ar style mags that never work.

So in other words, it will NEVER come out!

MrPlink
09-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Vaporware

prerunners4life
09-19-2011, 1:14 PM
Man there is always little *****'s everywhere on here.. Like the first 2 to post why even post without anything to say??

CSI304
09-19-2011, 1:21 PM
I don't think it is happening anytime soon. Bunch of rumors about been able to
go 6.8spc and 7.62x39.

gun toting monkeyboy
09-19-2011, 2:23 PM
Man there is always little *****'s everywhere on here.. Like the first 2 to post why even post without anything to say??

They are saying something, you just aren't listening. They are saying that you need to work on your punctuation. Having a "!", or several of them, in your case, implies that you have found them for sale. It was only after they came in and read your post that they realized that you had not, in fact, found them, and were looking for information. Coming back on and whining that people are complaining about your poor grammar is both rude, and unlikely to win you any friends on here. Perhaps next time, you will consider a post with something along the lines of "Oh yeah, sorry. I should have used a question mark." instead of calling them little *****es. Also, you may want to work on your use of an apostrophe... Oh, and be happy that they didn't flame you harder than they did. With your first post, and your highly intellectual follow up, you should be glad that they are not lining up with barbeque sauce for you.

-Mb

kozumasbullitt
09-19-2011, 2:53 PM
I am still waiting but the conversions may cost what an entire rifle will cost when its all said and done.

Lagduf
09-19-2011, 3:00 PM
I thought the conversions were available based on the thread title. Please edit it to reflect that you are asking a question and not making a statement.

I wish the price on these rifles would go down some more.

Cyc Wid It
09-19-2011, 3:03 PM
It's OK, I would be angry too if I had purchased an ACR - it might even lead to excessive use of exclamation points.

edward
09-19-2011, 3:09 PM
A BM rep supposedly told a member at acr forums in response to an email that the spare barrel program, in tandem with the 6.8 conversion kits, would be available at the end of this year. This was supposedly around mid to late June.

I don't think it will happen. Seeing how Bushmaster's plant was shuttered (and then re-opened as a different company) and was supposed to be moving its manufacturing capabilities to the Remington plant in Ilion, NY, I don't see them as having the logistics or the product on hand for this already 2 year delayed program by the end of this year.

ACR - A case study in the destruction of a great concept, through the most failed implementation process ever, Ever.

ETA: This is why I have taken my hopes and dreams for a future carbine and pinned them on the Beretta ARX 160.

MrPlink
09-19-2011, 4:14 PM
I think you will see caliber conversions for the acr before you see a ARX stateside

stormy_clothing
09-19-2011, 4:32 PM
Caliber conversions are possible they just arent offered by BM at this time - simply replacing the barrel, bolt and magazine is really all it takes.

The hardest part is the gas sizing for there piston system but I have seen it done with 6.5 mm I asked the owner for some pics but he thinks like alot of nuts do that it will be automatic break in of his home as a result.

Remington moved the production facilities so your going to see a delay in new products but around the time of shot show 2012 you should see rifles show up again with a road map of improvements based on the mil spec version which is being produced at this time while allowing the civilian ones to dry up. These should include a shorter barrel with fixed brake to reduce weight an a revised lower. Nothing super game changing just responding to suggestions.

The first caliber conversion is going to be 6.8 then 300 whisper then 7.62x39mm and I would expect those in 6 month increments starting next year.

Personally I love them I wish they offered a 2 inch longer hand guard and I could find an ATACS Camo version just cause.

gun toting monkeyboy
09-19-2011, 4:45 PM
I think you will see caliber conversions for the acr before you see a ARX stateside

Sad, but probably true. But I'll wait for the ARX rather than deal with the POS ACR and BM.

Colt-45
09-19-2011, 5:22 PM
But I'll wait for the ARX

When's that one coming out?

kozumasbullitt
09-19-2011, 5:27 PM
When's that one coming out?

It will be a while before it comes out and I would be curious to see what happens if the cost is more than projected. The ARX is another example of people jumping on the "next thing" even though it is not a reality for us.

CRTguns
09-19-2011, 5:39 PM
All I need is a couple gas blocks and barrel nuts and I'll make my own dern barrel change.

edward
09-19-2011, 6:30 PM
All I need is a couple gas blocks and barrel nuts and I'll make my own dern barrel change.

You, me and plenty of other people :43:

It's one thing they haven't released their own caliber converion kits, or different twist rates, or barrel lengths, but why can't they just sell the proprietary gas system parts so those so inclined can make their own?

gun toting monkeyboy
09-19-2011, 7:36 PM
I argee with the ARX being an unknown right now. But it has a bit more of a track record than the ACR did.

As for why they won't sell the gas blocks, the answer is simple. Because if they did sell them, you guys, and many others would make your own conversions. And then you wouldn't have to buy their over-prices, much-delayed POS ones that may or may not ever come out.

CRTguns
09-19-2011, 9:55 PM
but I NEED it- I need ot REAL BAD!:(

Just one- just one gas block- and chase it with a barrel nut- the special one wit the interrupted acme thread heat treated to RC 55-60!

darkest2000
09-20-2011, 1:55 AM
I'm pretty sure they've given up on the platform already. that means no more funding goes into the R&D, which in turn means there won't be a conversion kit.

MrPlink
09-20-2011, 2:20 AM
I'm pretty sure they've given up on the platform already. that means no more funding goes into the R&D, which in turn means there won't be a conversion kit.

Im leading towards this, but just a feeling on my part..
a bit too early to tell.

HKDoc
09-20-2011, 8:16 AM
Lmt seems to be doing a good job with the caliber conversions right now. The mrp is a really nicely built platform. Can do piston or di.

starsnuffer
09-20-2011, 8:34 AM
Lmt seems to be doing a good job with the caliber conversions right now. The mrp is a really nicely built platform. Can do piston or di.

Kind of makes you wonder though, where their money is coming from. Not winning any of the contracts they bid on isn't a good sign.

-W

HKDoc
09-20-2011, 8:47 AM
I agree, maybe they should hire more retired generals for their executive staff.... Like colt to keep the contracts rolling in. I digress. Someday id like to fire the acr to see how it handles.

starsnuffer
09-20-2011, 8:49 AM
I agree, maybe they should hire more retired generals for their executive staff.... Like colt to keep the contracts rolling in. I digress. Someday id like to fire the acr to see how it handles.

Heh! Good point, didn't work out for the IAR deal though. HK is bureaucratically dysfunctional and they still won that one away from Colt. Colt's lobbying kept LMT out though I think.

-W

Cyc Wid It
09-20-2011, 4:50 PM

You're not missing much. LMT doing well with their MWS platform at least.

MrPlink
09-20-2011, 8:04 PM
Kind of makes you wonder though, where their money is coming from. Not winning any of the contracts they bid on isn't a good sign.

-W

outside of their Brit contract, dont they still hold the contract to make Mk18 uppers? Small fries in the bigger game I know,,,