PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding cz75 mags in my SP01 re:FTF

blackrat
09-18-2011, 4:29 PM
I picked up a couple of 10 round mags from the gun show yesterday, they were in a large pile marked cz75/85/Baby Eagle. I've read a few times that the magazines from the cz75 family are all interchangeable but it's not working that way for me. The magazine does not go in smoothly and racking the slide is difficult. When I do rack it the round gets caught up on the ramp and trying to rack again gets an even worse jam.

As you can see from the pic the sp01 mag (left) is rounded at the front and also has a different slide catch/detent on the follower so I can see why I'm having issues here.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/blackrat1/forum%20pics/d882ad65.jpg

Is anyone familiar with cz magazines and know what the deal is? Google results are all from people trying to fit the higher cap sp mag in older cz's or posts reiterating that they are all swappable so maybe it's a California thing.

himurax13
09-18-2011, 4:33 PM
The mag on the right appears to be a browning hp mag. Those don't work properly in CZ's. My favorite is the 16 round mecgar mags.

moulton
09-18-2011, 4:39 PM
My mags are all rounded like the one on the left. What rollmarks does the one on the right have? ProMag?

blackrat
09-18-2011, 5:08 PM
The mag on the right appears to be a browning hp mag. Those don't work properly in CZ's. My favorite is the 16 round mecgar mags.

My mags are all rounded like the one on the left. What rollmarks does the one on the right have? ProMag?

Ok that makes sense, guess I shouldn't have taken the sign's word as a given, or at least dig a bit deeper into the pile :facepalm: not much I can do other then sell them I guess. Glad I only bought two and not the 3-5 I was originally planning on haha.

With regards to the rollmarks, I'm at work right now so I'll have to check later but there were no distinguishing marks on it from what I remember.

Thanks guys.