PDA

View Full Version : SigSauer P556 Pistol/SWAT

sendithit
09-18-2011, 4:42 PM
I'm not sure if the subject belongs in this forum, but since its a "pistol" I thought I'd give it a shot.

Qs: Is it legal to purchase/own/possessess/operate this pistol platform in a lawful manner in California? Does it require a bullet button?

sendithit
09-18-2011, 5:08 PM
I just perused the Sig Sauer website and it indicates it IS NOT CA and MA compliant.

Is it because all it needs is a BB for it to be compliant in CA? Or is it banned in CA no ifs/ands/or buts?

Colt-45
09-18-2011, 5:14 PM
Most manufacturers aren't too familiar with bullet buttons which is why stuff like that is listed on their website as NOT CA compliant. All they need is a bullet button and to be transferred in as single shot.

As long as the gun is NOT on the list it's legal. I believe I've seen those at Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas.

sendithit
09-18-2011, 5:28 PM
Has anyone here experienced the actual operation/manipulation of this baddazz pistol?

I'm contemplating the acquisition of one sometime in the future for no other reason than "just 'cuz". I really don't need one....I just want one (as much as I "want" a ZR-1 Vette when I don't have a need for one...my little beater car still gets me to where I need to be :D). If all the stars align, maybe I will get one.

NavyDiver
09-22-2011, 10:03 PM
i ordered mine 2 weeks ago, and it wont be in until nov. 1st. My stored ordered it straight from Sig, and sig sends it to New York for Cali BB and single shot sled mods. Ive been trying to figure out which fore-grip i can have on it without going AOW/SBR route and it seems the Magpul AFG is a good road to take.

carnelianbay
09-22-2011, 11:47 PM
OP: if you're ever in the Bay Area pm me :)

Call Lorrie at LANWorld in Utah. They can do the single-shot conversion for you and send it to your FFL. I've on occasion seen them at BAGV however they were pricy.

Redlinegts
09-23-2011, 12:07 AM
http://www.riflegear.com/p-864-sig-sauer-p556-swat-pistol.aspx

carnelianbay
09-23-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.riflegear.com/p-864-sig-sauer-p556-swat-pistol.aspx

That is an excellent price!

21SF
09-23-2011, 7:22 AM
OP: if you're ever in the Bay Area pm me :)

Call Lorrie at LANWorld in Utah. They can do the single-shot conversion for you and send it to your FFL. I've on occasion seen them at BAGV however they were pricy.

Those guys are rip offs, I bet they wanted like 1700?
Shameful!

carnelianbay
09-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Those guys are rip offs, I bet they wanted like 1700?
Shameful!

You’d be surprised. I’m not defending them since one order took 5 months to get.

For the P556, last year they we’re impossible to find. BAGV was selling them for over $1800 and couldn’t keep them in stock. LANWorld’s price was $400 less converted (w/BB and sled). This was at a time when Impact was selling them for $1600 unconverted, and wouldn't ship them to CA.

osxgp
09-24-2011, 8:51 PM
From my limited understanding of AR type pistols, they need to have the bullet button and have the single shot conversion.