PDA

View Full Version : Desert Eagle accessories

Akya
09-18-2011, 1:30 PM
I am getting close to buying a desert eagle. I have looked for stuff like tactical lights but all that comes up is paintball pistol accessories. Anyone know of a tactical light that is underslung(like on a glock) for the deagle? Or any other accessories for that matter? Other than scopes and grips.

2nd Shot
09-18-2011, 2:38 PM
Have fun with this one, I'm on the brink as well, and found out that the only on roster version is the Brushed Chrome DE44CA, which I never even knew they made. The ubiquitous Black Oxide DE44CA fell off the list.

There's PPT still, of course, and maaaybe somebody will set up some single shots.

Akya
09-18-2011, 4:20 PM
They make all sorts of finishes. I like the black oxide or the blued because it wont be a beacon in the night. If I ever have to use it at night... Well that is until I pull the trigger haha.

Have you seen any of the engraved ones? They look nice but they are super expensive. Also there are 24k gold and 24k gold tiger stripe. The chrome, nickel chrome, and gold are to gaudy for me. I could go for the brushed nickel or brushed chrome but I would rather save the 200-500 bucks.

I thought I had seen some lasers and some other stuff on a DE form but I cant find the page anymore. I will have to look some more.

sequoia_nomad
09-18-2011, 4:24 PM
OP, are you familiar with the California Handgun Roster? Just because it is mechanically the same gun with a different finish does not mean you can buy it in Ca. The roster is very specific.

Z.1
09-18-2011, 7:37 PM
My lgs has a bunch of DE's for sale... I know he just sold a gold tiger striped one.
Not my thing, so I've never checked the roster.
Maybe they are his private pieces, so he can PPT them? Not sure of the logistics

thrasherfox
09-18-2011, 7:44 PM
Too bad the DE fell off the list. Glad I got mine.

I also converted it to the 50AE and still have my .44 stuff also.

One time in my life did I ever sell a gun that I owned, and I will never do it again. I sold a 1911 when I was young and stupid.

Now I am older and see how things are really teetering on our gun rights and dont plan on letting go of anything I have.

Rekrab
09-18-2011, 8:10 PM
I am getting close to buying a desert eagle. I have looked for stuff like tactical lights but all that comes up is paintball pistol accessories. Anyone know of a tactical light that is underslung(like on a glock) for the deagle? Or any other accessories for that matter? Other than scopes and grips.

There's not a whole lot out there. You can mount stuff to the top of the barrel but I'm not aware of anything that mounts below, the design just doesn't support a rail.

I've often fiddled with the idea of mounting a scope to mine just for grins and giggles. >.>

Akya
09-18-2011, 9:24 PM
Yeah, I will be buying mine single shot. To get the Cali approved model I will have to wait a couple months and pay an extra couple hundred.

If I find anything like what I am looking for I will post it

zfields
09-18-2011, 9:26 PM
My lgs has a bunch of DE's for sale... I know he just sold a gold tiger striped one.
Not my thing, so I've never checked the roster.
Maybe they are his private pieces, so he can PPT them? Not sure of the logistics

Must be in petaluma.

Akya
09-18-2011, 9:30 PM
Where is your LGs?

thrasherfox
09-18-2011, 9:42 PM
There's not a whole lot out there. You can mount stuff to the top of the barrel but I'm not aware of anything that mounts below, the design just doesn't support a rail.

I've often fiddled with the idea of mounting a scope to mine just for grins and giggles. >.>

I actually have a laser site mounted below mine, it attaches to the trigger.

I spent a long trim trying to find one, the company that made it no longer makes them and I think I got one of the last ones.

It has a cool factor but I think that is about it. I had to get a special holster for it and the gun is big the way it is, the laser attachment just makes it even bigger. I am thinking about just taking it off.

After a few shots the think loosens up anyway. So I can see between the added size, loosing up because of the kick of it as to why they stopped making them.

mossy
09-18-2011, 9:46 PM
i hear red jacket will make a A$s ugly stock for your DE :D

Akya
09-18-2011, 11:15 PM
I just want a light for it. I have seen the lasers they make for them is it the one that goes on the trigger guard with two bolts? I think that one would be better as a flashlight. I don't really want or need a laser on it. Or a butt ugly stock haha.

2nd Shot
09-19-2011, 5:00 PM
It'd be nice if they had a rail on the bottom, too. Not like there's any shortage of real estate to mount it on!

09-20-2011, 2:20 AM
... the deagle ...

:facepalm: