killshot44
09-18-2011, 4:13 PM
Wrong forum.

frigginchi
09-18-2011, 4:51 PM
Nice review:)

triggs75
09-18-2011, 4:56 PM
This scope is nothing new, it's been around for a bit. I was mad that I was not able to get it at SWFA when they had it at $249. I was waiting till my next paycheck at that time and during that time it went up to $320. With that said I like mine a lot and the glass is very clear.

Chad

libfire224
09-19-2011, 3:43 AM
Great review, was actually strongly considering this for my m4, and for the price, its amazing

MilitaryArms
09-19-2011, 5:08 AM
Great review, was actually strongly considering this for my m4, and for the price, its amazing

I agree. You can't beat them for the price.

email
09-19-2011, 6:30 AM
He should have done a box test. That's the best test of return to zero.

Scutler
09-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Great review!

TomMcC
09-20-2011, 7:20 AM
Military Arms

Some of the reviews out there mention a lack of eye relief, and a problem with side to side head position. Also, others have said the reticule is hard to see in some situations because of it's thinness ( dark background ). Did you find any of this to be the case?

MilitaryArms
09-20-2011, 7:06 PM
I've found the eye relief to be quite forgiving actually. I could see how the reticle might be hard for some folks to pick up. I didn't have any problems with it. The one thing I failed to mention in the video is that the lighted reticle isn't bright enough to be seen in broad daylight even on the brightest setting. I personally don't see this as a problem since I wouldn't use illumination in daylight anyway. At dusk the reticle is plenty bright enough, or indoors.

MilitaryArms
09-20-2011, 7:16 PM
He should have done a box test. That's the best test of return to zero.

A box test verifies the accuracy of turret adjustments. The test I conducted effectively demonstrates return to zero.

A more interesting test (or so I believe) would have been to verify the hold-over marks on the reticle, but I don't have anything past 100 yards on my range at the moment. Hopefully this fall I will be able to cut a 300 yard range through the woods.

FMJBT
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Nice review! The CMR has become one of my favorite scopes lately. The more I shoot it, the less I feel like using any other scope for an AR. The reticle is very intuitive and versatile without being overly busy or complicated. Out of the current crop of 1-4X scopes with BDC reticles, I think the CMR has the best design for extended range shooting. Im not sure what barrel length/ bullet weight the hash marks are calibrated for on this scope, but I have tested it with both Lake City M-855 and Prvi 75 Grain Match and found it to be very accurate for holdovers out to 650 yards.

CSTactical
09-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Nice video.

Mike @ CST

TomMcC
09-28-2011, 1:58 PM
Military Arms

Thanks for the info, and review.

Another question, how close to 1x do you think it is? I did look through one at the Hi-Lux office, but I was holding it in my hands. It seemed close to 1x but I did see a bit of image enlargement. I just don't want to wind up with a 1.25x.

MrPlink
09-28-2011, 3:05 PM
Great vid, Ive been considering this optic for a while, and now I REALLY want one!

mtenenhaus
09-28-2011, 6:41 PM
i've got a leatherwood cmr as well...not sure how to quantify the magnification but if i look with both eyes open, one directed specifically through the scope....it looks like there is a degree of magnification thru the scope on 1x power..i would guess 10% at most but i'm only just guessing.

I do like the scope very much.

MrPlink
09-29-2011, 3:33 AM
i've got a leatherwood cmr as well...not sure how to quantify the magnification but if i look with both eyes open, one directed specifically through the scope....it looks like there is a degree of magnification thru the scope on 1x power..i would guess 10% at most but i'm only just guessing.

I do like the scope very much.

fairly common, most variable power optics do not have a true 1x.
I feel from a practicality point of view it is not a big issue.