View Full Version : My 1911's barrel love's Flitz Polish...

09-17-2011, 6:10 PM
Been shooting my 1911 just about every weekend lately. The stainless barrel was looking less than pretty. Not that I would care if it were not a simple easy fix. In two minutes worth of work have it looking brand new. Just used a dab of Flitz polish, a paper towel, and some elbow grease.

I tried taking a picture but the stainless steel doesn't like the flash.

Anybody else use this stuff?

09-17-2011, 6:52 PM
I do. Great stuff for my revolvers. I use it with the Flitz micro fiber cleaning cloth. Awhile back I picked up a 686-2 that had some galling from holster wear. Flitz took care of the majority of it. Probably would have removed all of it but, I didn't feel like taking the time. I was too eager to go shoot it.:)

Lead Waster
09-17-2011, 9:03 PM
I bought some "Mothers Mag polish". I heard it's similar to Flitz. I was going to do the 25 cent glock parts polish, but I'm lazy.

09-17-2011, 9:20 PM
Use it all the time, great product.

09-17-2011, 9:37 PM
I think a scuffed barrel hood adds character :D shows the honest use in your gun. Besides, it'll be all scuffed after shooting it some more anyhow....though I can't deny that there's something attractive about shiny things as much as I like muted, matte and black. I tend to polish my stainless revolvers with flitz and cape cod cloths....all my other guns are pretty subdued looking though.

09-17-2011, 9:49 PM
I don't recommend doing it everytime you go shooting. But when you feel like making 'em look pretty it comes in real handy.