PDA

View Full Version : Walther P22 long barrel removal

RedrocketGEM
09-17-2011, 3:50 PM
Just got a P22 and love it except for the trigger pull.
I put 6 different kinds of ammo thru it, including Remington SV Target and had only 4 malfunctions in 3000 rounds.:)

How does one get barrel off??:confused: All the parts I see have a screwdriver slot, but this one does not.:mad:

Anyone recommend a North Calif. gunsmith to lighten the trigger pull?? The P22 bible is an incredible book of info on this piece, wish I had more of them.

ke6guj
09-17-2011, 4:14 PM
How does one get barrel off??:confused: All the parts I see have a screwdriver slot, but this one does not.:mad:

you aren't supposed to.

P22s have a threaded barrel end that interfaces with a barrel nut to keep the barrel on the gun. S&W/Walther submitted that gun and got it listed on the roster of not-unsafe guns. After a bunch of them were sold, CADOJ realized that they had a threaded barrel and were illegal AWs. so, CADOJ workede out a solution with S&W/Walther to change out the barrel nut and permanently afix the barrel nut with loctite so it couldn't be removed. If you break the loctite and remove the barrel nut on your P22, you have an illegal AW.

RedrocketGEM
09-18-2011, 8:58 AM
you aren't supposed to.

P22s have a threaded barrel end that interfaces with a barrel nut to keep the barrel on the gun. S&W/Walther submitted that gun and got it listed on the roster of not-unsafe guns. After a bunch of them were sold, CADOJ realized that they had a threaded barrel and were illegal AWs. so, CADOJ workede out a solution with S&W/Walther to change out the barrel nut and permanently afix the barrel nut with loctite so it couldn't be removed. If you break the loctite and remove the barrel nut on your P22, you have an illegal AW.

:p
Well that explains it CA DOJ messes up things again. Superb answer Jack THANKS:)

Mail Clerk
09-23-2011, 5:34 AM
Just got a P22 and love it except for the trigger pull.
I put 6 different kinds of ammo thru it, including Remington SV Target and had only 4 malfunctions in 3000 rounds.:)

Anyone recommend a North Calif. gunsmith to lighten the trigger pull?? The P22 bible is an incredible book of info on this piece, wish I had more of them.

RedrocketGEM,

Like the others have said to attempt to remove the barrel is considered a NO NO!!!! DON'T do it.....period.