PDA

View Full Version : SVI

Mr310
09-17-2011, 3:12 PM
As a follow up to my previous 1911 thread, I've decided to try a hand at getting an SVI. I must admit that it's mainly due to the fact that I'm infatuated with a particular model, the 3.9 inch in two-tone, though I know nothing about it. Does anyone have any experience with the company or its products? I've been fiddling around with their website and the gun-builder they have there, but have no luck with it. So, I'll be making a call to them on Monday.

This is essentially what I'm trying to have built..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/RockDragon/20080301-00227.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/RockDragon/20080301-00229.jpg

I had seen LeeLaw's earlier threads about the Caspian 1911 he had built and it looks like a masterpiece. Is there someone I should see locally so that I could actually speak with them in person to facilitate this? What bout the legalities of having it in California?

hkdad
09-17-2011, 4:18 PM
You can not go wrong with a SVI. They are the best of the best out there. You can get a 1 inch guarantee at 50 yards! Give Brandon a call at SVI. I have to warn you though... It's NOT cheap but its worth every penny!;)

Mr310
09-18-2011, 8:05 PM
You can not go wrong with a SVI. They are the best of the best out there. You can get a 1 inch guarantee at 50 yards! Give Brandon a call at SVI. I have to warn you though... It's NOT cheap but its worth every penny!;)

I know it's hard to guestimate, but could you give me a ballpark figure on the gun shown above? Perhaps through pm?

hkdad
09-19-2011, 10:15 AM
i sent Brandon that picture and he said it's an airsoft model, but he can replicate a similar build with a billet metal grip. the approximate cost of replicating this build is $3650.00 with one magazine. it's a lot of money but like i said... it's worth every penny!;) SVI guns ain't cheap.

InGrAM
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
That looks like a double stack. Pay $3650.00 for a double stack 1911 and only get 10 rounds?... Not my idea of a good time. That is assuming you currently live in CA or don't already have 10+ round magazines for this firearm. lol

That is a pretty good looking airsoft gun, it would be really cool if you actually had that custom made.

hkdad
09-19-2011, 10:33 AM
That looks like a double stack. Pay $3650.00 for a double stack 1911 and only get 10 rounds?... Not my idea of a good time. That is assuming you currently live in CA or don't already have 10+ round magazines for this firearm. lol

That is a pretty good looking airsoft gun, it would be really cool if you actually had that custom made.

well, it's like saying... why buy a Lamborghini in california if you can only drive 80mph on the freeway.... but people still buying it. ;)

Mr310
09-19-2011, 5:43 PM
hkdad, pm'ed.

Will other 10 rounder mags fit in this gun? I refuse to pay 150 dollars each for a magazine.

InGrAM
09-19-2011, 7:09 PM
well, it's like saying... why buy a Lamborghini in california if you can only drive 80mph on the freeway.... but people still buying it. ;)

More like buying a Lamborghini and the state of CA putting a chip in it so you could not go over 80mph. Oh! and also making it a felony to remove the chip or tamper with it. :facepalm: