PDA

View Full Version : Green Lasers? Are they good?

1lostinspace
09-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Can some one tell me if any of this green lasers are worth a damn? I bough a Leapers one and it would not hold 0 Chinese crap.

BayAreaShooter
09-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I had a Viridian that was very high quality and held a O perfectly fine. The green lasers are much more visible during the day but eat batteries much faster.

1lostinspace
09-17-2011, 11:49 AM
I had a Viridian that was very high quality and held a O perfectly fine. The green lasers are much more visible during the day but eat batteries much faster.

how far can you see it in day time? I am looking to put one on a 16" AR

1lostinspace
09-17-2011, 11:49 AM

how far can you see it in day time?

1lostinspace
09-17-2011, 11:50 AM

MustangO4
09-17-2011, 12:29 PM

I can see it all the way from the FootLocker down the the food court. As long as no fat civvies get in the way!
;)

BayAreaShooter
09-17-2011, 12:51 PM

It was on my SR9 so the farthest I ever used it was 25 yards and never had a problem seeing it. At night it was very impressive to shine into the sky. It would literally look like this and I am not exaggerating.

http://blog.gadgettown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/star-laser-pointer.png

1lostinspace
09-17-2011, 1:49 PM
So you can phone ET with it?

BayAreaShooter
09-18-2011, 12:11 AM
So you can phone ET with it?

I suppose. :D

Ackrite
09-18-2011, 12:22 AM
The green laser ive seen goes a long way. It even has a warning on it that says it isnt eye safe for at least a mile or the metric equivelent.

battleship
09-18-2011, 12:40 AM
They are not eye safe i can a test to that i damaged my left eye with one several years ago by flashing myself while trying to adjust it direction it only took but a a fraction of a second for me to forever have a blind spot in my left eye, at night i struggle to read street signs, in fact any reading from a small distance is difficult. BeSafe.

Ackrite
09-18-2011, 1:21 AM
They are not eye safe i can a test to that i damaged my left eye with one several years ago by flashing myself while trying to adjust it direction it only took but a a fraction of a second for me to forever have a blind spot in my left eye, at night i struggle to read street signs, in fact any reading from a small distance is difficult. BeSafe.

I don't really want to find out, but the warning is there. And it has 3 safeties on it, so I'm guessing the warning is real

1lostinspace
09-18-2011, 10:54 AM
What does the Military use? Price?

MrPlink
09-20-2011, 3:30 AM
What does the Military use? Price?

they typically use AN-PEQ (or similar)

They are not sold directly to civilians, but they do end up on the market from time to time. Not a cheap unit to begin with, but given the scarcity of them in civilian hands they can fetch up to a couple thousand dollars.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/AN-PEQ-2A-aiminglight.jpg

Uriah02
09-20-2011, 4:24 AM
I have a green lasermax, if you shine it on something in bright sun light it is difficult to see past 10yds, if it is on a shaded/shadowy object I can see it for 100yds of yards. I also have a red laserlyte, doesn't even compare to the lasermax.