PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Pro question

calibanman
09-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Fellas just got my AimPoint Pro and it's a peach but one question though, it says it has 9 daylight settings but in a dark room I can't see the dot until setting 4 and its real dim at that. Is this normal?

cheers...

mtenenhaus
09-17-2011, 3:04 AM
my aimpoint t1 is similar, while i'm not positive that this is accurate i was told that it has to do with the night vision capability

Gnome
09-17-2011, 3:18 AM
Does anyone know why the Aimpoint PRO is LE only? What makes it so great? Why better than ACOG or Eotech? Just curious?

bigdrunk92037
09-17-2011, 7:50 AM
First couple clicks are for NV.

nixorz
09-19-2011, 3:19 PM
First couple clicks are for NV.

what he said...im not LE or mili and bought my pro online.

MrPlink
09-20-2011, 3:25 AM
Does anyone know why the Aimpoint PRO is LE only? What makes it so great? Why better than ACOG or Eotech? Just curious?

as I understand it that was intended just for initial release in order to make sure LEO could get their hands on them first, given the price Aimpoint figured civi demand would be high.

Stupid plan IMO, they should have just made enough for all markets.
Hell, might even just be a marketing ploy

GunSafari
09-20-2011, 7:21 AM
they are still supposed to be law enforcement restricted. aimpoint still has trouble keeping up with demand.

I constantly have them in stock, and constantly run out. don't think its a marketing ploy, but if it is, definitely working. also one hell of an optic for the money...

www.gunsafari.com/aimpoint-pro.html

Gnome
09-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Interesting. Am I mistaken in thinking the Aimpoint is more for distance shooting, versus CQB?