PDA

View Full Version : CB ammo in a Buckmark?

billybob_jcv
09-16-2011, 9:22 PM
Hi guys - first post here...

Is it OK to manually insert a CB round in the chamber of a Buckmark 22, close the slide and fire the gun? I know only LR will feed from the slide, but can I use it as a single shot to fire CB, shorts, etc without damaging the Buckmark?

Thanks!

Tank 57
09-16-2011, 9:35 PM
Won't hurt it.Wouldn't recommend anything in a short case.Can leave fouling in chamber that interferes with long rifle cases.

billybob_jcv
09-16-2011, 9:43 PM
Won't hurt it.Wouldn't recommend anything in a short case.Can leave fouling in chamber that interferes with long rifle cases.

Thank you - so as long as I clean it before switching back to LR I should be OK?

caldude
09-17-2011, 8:06 AM
I've been able to get 3-4 CBs to load in a Buckmark mag. Any more and the spring tension will start to push them out. That way you can shoot a little faster, but you still have to manually cycle the action between shots.

Sunday
09-17-2011, 8:27 AM
I use the Aguilla Colibre in a Ruger 22 Auto and single load them from the Magazine.

Tank 57
09-17-2011, 9:29 AM
Thank you - so as long as I clean it before switching back to LR I should be OK?

Yes,I think there are some CBs in long rifle length cases though.

CSACANNONEER
09-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Yes,I think there are some CBs in long rifle length cases though.

I've never seen CBs in LR cases. I have seen them in Long cases though.

WDE91
09-17-2011, 10:18 AM
These are also pretty neat
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/products_id/3118

Canucky
09-17-2011, 10:38 AM
I've never seen CBs in LR cases. I have seen them in Long cases though.

Use these, but you have to hand cycle out of my MKIII.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=2506163096

Haven't tryed these though.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=2506295321

Dutch3
09-17-2011, 4:06 PM
I tried some .22lr Super Colibris in my Savage 64 a couple of weeks ago. Manually cycling them from the mag was a crapshoot; sometimes they would load without a problem, other times they would hang at the feed ramp. I think the short length due to the tiny bullet is the issue.

I found that slowly feeding them while sometimes providing manual assistance worked the best. Next time, I will use a single shot bolt gun.

They are fun to shoot, though. Just a "click", then the "thwap" of the bullet hitting the target. Decent accuracy out to 50 yds or so. Quieter than a BB or pellet gun. I was grinning. :D

CSACANNONEER
09-17-2011, 7:46 PM
Use these, but you have to hand cycle out of my MKIII.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=2506163096

Haven't tryed these though.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=2506295321

I've been shooting calibre and super calibre since they first came out. Niether one is a CB cap though. Also, IIRC, they are not loaded in standard length .22lr cases.

billybob_jcv
09-17-2011, 8:51 PM
Thank you everyone! I did not even realize that there were so many choices in "quiet" ammo - I was only aware of the CB shorts I saw locally. You guys rock!

CSACANNONEER
09-17-2011, 8:54 PM
Thank you everyone! I did not even realize that there were so many choices in "quiet" ammo - I was only aware of the CB shorts I saw locally. You guys rock!

If quiet is what you're going for, when shooting Super Calibres from my Contender with a Super14, .22lr barrel, I can only hear the hammer fall and the round hit it's target. It's a lot quieter than any airgun I own.

Canucky
09-18-2011, 1:38 AM
Cannon not to quibble, I believe they are in a standard 22lr case? Guess I can measure them in the morning. Billy there is a warning on the regular Colibri, if you shoot out of a rifle.(squibs) Crap now I really want to grab a box and plink in the backyard!

Dutch3
09-18-2011, 6:30 AM
Crap now I really want to grab a box and plink in the backyard!

No kidding, they are addictive!

I bought a brick of 500 a couple of months ago. I was hoping it wasn't a waste of money.

I don't think that's going to be a problem ! :D

CSACANNONEER
09-18-2011, 8:19 AM
Cannon not to quibble, I believe they are in a standard 22lr case? Guess I can measure them in the morning. Billy there is a warning on the regular Colibri, if you shoot out of a rifle.(squibs) Crap now I really want to grab a box and plink in the backyard!

I wasn't 100% positive either. I'll go measure some today too.

G-forceJunkie
09-18-2011, 8:37 AM
The brass case is the same length, but due to the shorter bullet, the Colibr is about 3/32 shorter to the front shoulder on the bullet.I wasn't 100% positive either. I'll go measure some today too.

rjf
09-21-2011, 8:56 PM
^^^
The shorter overall length of the Colibre may result in feeding problems with magazine fed rifles and pistols. CCI CB Longs feed well and are almost as quiet. Both in my experience are inconsistent in velocity and will string vertically.

Colibres are best in revolvers and single shots.