PDA

View Full Version : favorite handgun store in So Cal

quarterscalelegends
09-16-2011, 10:10 AM
So, i want to ask because i am looking for more selection. What is your favorite hand gun store in So Cal?

So far we have had VERY good luck with Turners in Corona.

We have been to just about every other turners in the area and they are all good, but you are lucky to find 2 or 3 guns that are different from the other stores.

Basspro, i wont go to anymore because its a ZOO.

The shootist in Temecula is really good.

Ammo bros has decent selection but I just cant do the "take a number and we will get to you when we feel like it" attitude when i see 6 people wondering around behind the counter...

So who am i missing? Need some more selection!!!

AeroEngi
09-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Gun Gallery in Glendale. They can get you anything that's legal in California.

quarterscalelegends
09-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Saw that one on google. We almost went there last weekend. They dont have a website though. Do they have a large on hand selection? Used guns?

We like to see on hand selection. We can order our own stuff from buds, gunsamerica or gunbroker. But its cooler to see it when you purchase it.

AeroEngi
09-16-2011, 10:25 AM
They have some stuff in stock but its limited. They do have a website but I don't think They keep it updated. But like I said, They can find you anything.

corvetteguy
09-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Try the Fowler Gun Room in Orange. Every time I'm in there I'm impressed by the amount of guns they have in stock.

David

Oceanbob
09-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Both Ammo Brothers are good to go.

On Target in Laguna Niguel is perfect.

OC Armory is perfect.

Riflegear is perfect.

Fowlers is great.

Down south Glock Store is good.

Turners is hit and miss, depending on what they have on sale.

Be well, Bob

quarterscalelegends
09-16-2011, 11:08 AM
The times i have been to OC Armory, they have only had 3 or so hand guns.

sounds like i should give fowlers and on target a shot. Have not been to either of those.

Saym14
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Alamo in west covina. top notch service, beats Turners prices, easy to deal with DROS is sinple, no FUD like you get at Turners. right across the street from TUrners in West covina

Che762x39
09-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Martin B Retting in Culver City. Great selection of new and used handguns.

WTSGDYBBR
09-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Fowler Gun Room in Orange ask for John.

zman
09-16-2011, 11:27 AM
So, i want to ask because i am looking for more selection. What is your favorite hand gun store in So Cal?

So far we have had VERY good luck with Turners in Corona.

We have been to just about every other turners in the area and they are all good, but you are lucky to find 2 or 3 guns that are different from the other stores.

Basspro, i wont go to anymore because its a ZOO.

The shootist in Temecula is really good.

Ammo bros has decent selection but I just cant do the "take a number and we will get to you when we feel like it" attitude when i see 6 people wondering around behind the counter...

Guys, the OP is looking for more selection (instant gratification).

There's Fowlers like mentioned already and you might as well visit Field Time.

http://www.fieldtimesportsandguns.com/

The Shootist is in Murrieta btw ;)

taloft
09-16-2011, 11:38 AM
If it is still there, check out Bright Spot Pawn Shop in Riverside. Great transfer dealer.

bsg
09-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Alamo in west covina. top notch service, beats Turners prices, easy to deal with DROS is sinple, no FUD like you get at Turners. right across the street from TUrners in West covina

+1. Alamo is a great little place to visit. they try hard to assist. if they don't know... they'll say "i don't know; i'll find out." but no bs.

they get some interesting used guns in stock. prices for new guns are very reasonable.

i've done several out of state transfers and purchases from them; good people.

quarterscalelegends
09-16-2011, 11:53 AM
I wish there was such a thing as instant gratification in CA :) Fact of the matter is that we like to see this stuff in person. You cant buy a firearm from a picture. I figure if the store has them in stock, they deserve the sale over purchasing it on the internet. Even if their price is a little higher. Heck, just poped on a couple revolvers at turners last weekend because they had them in stock. One was a performance center and the other is a JM. I know i can order them for cheaper. But they had them and i fell in love.

bright spot is still there, but scary as hell. I made the mistake of bringing my family there. The area is rough to say the least. :(

The field time site pictures look good. Thats the kind of stuff we are looking for. Large selection. Even on accessories and such. We like to shop. :) Its a family event. We are also always looking for the firearms that are not the NORM.

So far great spots are being posted. I think i will have a fully booked saturday!!

I also wanted to say, we went to faith armory last weekend for the first time and YES they are officially in temecula :) That was a cool little store. Nice selection too.

quarterscalelegends
09-16-2011, 11:57 AM
I also wanted to say quickly that my problem with ammo bros has not really been with ontario. They have been OK there. Its the cerritos one. I have never been to a place where it takes 1+ hours to do DROS at. That has been with 3 different FTF purchases...

Oc armory does the ftf dros wicked fast and i find their service really good. Just not many hand guns there.

zman
09-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Add the sister store of Fowler's to your list then....Stockade.

http://www.fowler-stockade.com/

Have fun shopping! :)

RANDO
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Field time is good and has a lot better service than ammo bros it's on beach in westminister

lwlaml
09-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Best on hand inventory I've seen is Fowlers.

Ammo Bros in Ontario has a surprisingly large selection.

Jake71
09-16-2011, 12:59 PM
I wasn't a fan of AmmoBros but warming up to them. I just purchased a Colt from them and just waiting for that California Cooldown period.

I've gone to Turners and they have a nice selection but I've only purchased rifles there.

ryan1911
09-16-2011, 1:09 PM
Fowler in Orange :thumbsup:

gobler
09-16-2011, 1:25 PM

Need to bring this up. Yes, very friendly and for a small shop decent stock. However, I inquired about intrafamily transfer of off roster gun and was told it was illegal. Can't own an off roster gun... I politely asked them to contact the DOJ to make sure... This was almost a year ago so perhaps they have seen the light.

+1000 on Fowlers. Tons of handguns to choose from. Good folks working there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

H20 Toie
09-16-2011, 1:44 PM

Agree

cowboy777
09-16-2011, 1:50 PM
Fowlers has great selection and people. But there pricing is more than turners.

Jyruiz
09-16-2011, 1:53 PM
Ammo Bros in Cerritos, but I don't really think they have tha big of a selection. Heck, compared to the stores I have been to in AZ, none of the CA stores have the big of a selection, but thats because of the freaking roster. Maybe in two weeks.:D

cindynles
09-16-2011, 2:09 PM
Have you tried Faith Armory in Temecula? They are just a few minutes from The Shootist.

Mr310
09-16-2011, 2:55 PM
Redding has a great selection but their service is seriously hit or miss. Out of the many times I've been there, I've only had one good experience. The other times, they kept me waiting so that they could talk with their buddies. Funny thing is that I was buying stuff and the people they were talking to weren't. :rolleyes:

CK_32
09-16-2011, 3:09 PM
Rifle gear is my main squeeze great staff and prices

Turners has good prices but I don't support them and their bs and crappy service

On targets pretty good

Heard good things about glock store never been tho

Pro force is great if you have Leo discount.

Stockaid and field time isn't worth the time of day.

quarterscalelegends
09-16-2011, 3:14 PM
Turners has good prices but I don't support them and their bs and crappy service

Suprised to hear that. The one we go to in corona is fantastic. I would say the best service of any gun store i have been to and there dros takes less then 10 minutes.

We have been to a couple turners though where there were not as nice looking or well kept anyway. Seems like its an area thing.

Looks like we will be hitting up quite a few places tomorrow!

thanks everyone!

CK_32
09-16-2011, 4:25 PM
Yea turners in fountain valley is just rude and spreads a lot of fud around. Nothing like field time and stockaid but to a good extent.

Never been to the Carona one but the fv one is horrid and I'm not the only one that thinks so... It's worth just going to rifle gear right down the street. By far best shop I've been to. Selection isn't the greatest but they have good stuff tons of AR stuff and great customer service.

quarterscalelegends
09-16-2011, 4:32 PM
we did go to the one in FV one time and were not impressed. Orange and SB were not so cool either. But corona, ontario and chino all seem OK.

We are not into the AR stuff and not really into the tactical pistols either. More old school all metal people. 1911's and revolvers. Love the S&W performance center anything... :)

lwlaml
09-16-2011, 4:35 PM
Rancho Cucamonga's service is A+++!!! All the way from the store manager to the cashier, they are very friendly, knowledgeable, and zero attitude. It does get kind of old to hear everyone address me as "sir" when I'm only 40 (plus I'm asian, so that's like non-asian 28). :)

Lester

Suprised to hear that. The one we go to in corona is fantastic. I would say the best service of any gun store i have been to and there dros takes less then 10 minutes.

We have been to a couple turners though where there were not as nice looking or well kept anyway. Seems like its an area thing.

Looks like we will be hitting up quite a few places tomorrow!

thanks everyone!

Foriegn power
09-16-2011, 4:36 PM
if you like your ever rare private type sporting goods store check out jeffs sporting goods, it's right next to bain and davis in San gabriel valley.

Nelsona
09-16-2011, 4:36 PM
Riflegear and Turner's Pasadena

hkdad
09-16-2011, 4:42 PM
Oaktree gun club

Rumline
09-16-2011, 6:06 PM
+1 on Martin B Retting. Great selection, not just of handguns! If you can get there off peak hours (i.e. while most people are at work) the staff is much less overwhelmed and gives great service.

fennecfrank
09-16-2011, 6:11 PM
How about Bain and Davis in San Gabriel?

They've been there for decades. Sometimes I found interesting and rare handguns for consignment there. I bought HK P9S in .45 ACP and Colt El Tigre Model (Special run of Colt Government model, only 200 produced). Check it out.

Zeropointeffect
09-16-2011, 6:38 PM
Skip turners, I ordered a gun from the shooting fair and put down my deposit. I got a called it was back ordered a week later. I tried for 6 weeks and as many phone calls to get a hold of the manager to get an eta on the back ordered pistol. I never got a call back its been three months. I haven't followed up on it lately do to financial issues but to me having that deposit for that long with out returning a call or following up is bad customer service.

I am just waiting for my financial house to be in order and I will follow this up. Unacceptable.

P.S. It was the San Bernadino store.

quarterscalelegends
09-16-2011, 6:39 PM
i love the shooting fair. I was just looking to see when it was again... that is a blast!!!

Red Devil
09-16-2011, 7:05 PM
B&B Guns... hands down.

Only problem is...

...ya need Mr. Peabody and the WABAC machine to shop there... :facepalm:

Tzvia
09-16-2011, 7:41 PM
+1 yes on Martin B Retting. The guy with the ponytail, not sure of his name, Jeff, is it?? I bought more than a few things from him, a great S&W pre-15, a really nice Targetman, most recently my Remington 700p and he has given me great service and is most knowledgeable. Also buy ammo when they have bulk sales. I live in the Valley and there is only Turners Reseda which I try only to go to off peak hours as you are in for a long wait and disinterested salespeople. Been to a few places in Burbank, I think their people train at Turners then take an extra obnoxious class before graduating to Burbank.

There is Grettas in Simi Valley, a pretty good selection there. But Retting is my personal fave and I always seem to drop some coin there every time I go.

kauaibuilt
09-16-2011, 8:31 PM
DAS in solana beach/del mar. Great crew, amazing customer service, bunch of SSE pistols available.

den888
09-16-2011, 8:40 PM
Oaktree, Ammo Brothers Cerritos, and Martin B. Retting

b.thomas
09-16-2011, 8:40 PM
Turners: signal hill or Norwalk
Ammo bothers: get most of my ammo there.
Stockade: if you can get one of the bozo working there to wait on you??

DannyInSoCal
09-16-2011, 8:42 PM
Try the Fowler Gun Room in Orange. Every time I'm in there I'm impressed by the amount of guns they have in stock.

David

Amazing amount of inventory at Fowlers - Most I've ever seen in one place outside of a gun show...

rogervzv
09-16-2011, 8:57 PM
I've been treated great at Grant's for Guns in Costa Mesa and Turners in Fountain Valley. Evan's Shooters World is also very nice.

Omil
09-16-2011, 9:01 PM
Retting, Fowlers!

orangeusa
09-16-2011, 9:14 PM
ADES in ORANGE ! I cannot believe anybody mentioned Ades!!! (On Chapman ave and East of Main in Orange, CA). They have a real gunsmith, and yes Ade sold the place but is still around. I do love the place. The folks who are there are really nice. (Things have changed in the last year).

T&A Armory, Santa Ana, minimal inventory, but are GREAT for transfers and can get most anything you want for a good price. Lots of AR/Saiga stuff.

Fowlers - they definitely have the best inventory of new and old pistolas, I have yet to buy any guns there (other than supplies).

I have ended up buying a couple pistols from OnTarget, Laguna Niguel since I shoot there.

And recently had great luck with Direct Action Solutions in Solana Beach. Yes it was a long drive, but great, great folks, nice prices and lot of inventory in a small shop.. :)

Turners - across the board - kinda like buying from WalMart - some folks care and try to help, but a lot of FUD ( and I've been to like four of them ).

Sad story on Evans - Evan is no more and it's gone to heck since his wife took over. Angry employees, they roll through employees like nothing. They don't really sell guns, they cater to the CHP shooters/classes.

CapnHawk
09-16-2011, 9:44 PM
Fowlers, Rettings, Gretas, Fort Courage Armory, Ammo Bros (Cerritos). Never an attitude, no FUD, professional, courteous service.

Turners? I wouldn't go to a Turners if they were giving guns away.

Cato
09-16-2011, 10:26 PM

I like Rettings too. They have just about every handgun available in stock and do special orders if there's something you want that they don't have.

Les K
09-17-2011, 6:43 AM

Agree about ammo bros in Cerritos! Crazy to have to be buzzed in and out of the store security cage, and I've never seen a place that virtually ignores people that want to buy stuff from them. It's the worst operation that I've ever seen! Horrible business model where the customer is the secondary priority. I've actually seen people waiting in line to pay and becoming so frustrated at the amount of time involved that they just leave, myself included. I'll never go back!

The Stockade near the corner of Beach Blvd and Westminster Blvd (east of Beach, on the north side of Westminster Blvd) has a lot of selection, possibly more than Fowler's in Orange, and are the same owners as Fowler's.

Fowler's has a lot of selection and are located on Tustin Ave. in Orange, just north of the 22 freeway.

Both of these places have high prices though.........that's probably how they can maintain the larger selection.

Cnynrat
09-17-2011, 6:51 AM
I think Fowlers has a pretty good selection.

But, when it comes time to buy, you can't beat our own Yzernie for customer service and low prices. Just sayin.

mikaarce
09-17-2011, 7:16 AM
DAS in Solana beach, great store, great guys! and growing too!

Steve1968LS2
09-17-2011, 9:18 AM
Field time is good and has a lot better service than ammo bros it's on beach in westminister

Field Time is overpriced... way..

Turners has a good inventory and if on sale the price is hard to beat.. Ammo Brothers has a great selection and decent service (better at the Ontario location)

Riflegear and OC Armory have great CS but not a huge selection of handguns

Bass Pro has a large selection, but it's crowded and the prices are hit/miss.

Steve1968LS2
09-17-2011, 9:20 AM
. Evan's Shooters World is also very nice.

I love Evan's in Orange.. small selection, but really good stuff and they have a range so you can shoot it while on DROS :)

They sometimes have smokin' deals on used/consignment stuff..

LBDamned
09-17-2011, 11:31 PM
I didnt read entire thread (shame on me), so I dont know if it's been mentioned... but LAX firing range has the best selection of rentals (that I've experienced) - several of my purchases have been FFL transfers from Hinterland and Grabagun after having shot LAX rentals...

Turners and Ammo Bros have decent selections - but unless you've shot a buddy's (or otherwise know what you want), renting it first will give better opinion/buying choice.

g17owner
09-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Annie's in corona is good. Nice people and good service. http://www.anniesgetyourgun.com/Products.html

davbog44
09-18-2011, 5:50 AM
Iron Sights (Oceanside) is worth checking out if you're willing to drive as far as many of those responding to your post want you to drive.:) Fair prices and a knowledgeable staff. Plus they are just really good people who are nice to deal with.

Although their "under the glass" selection isn't maybe as large as Turner's, they have a very broad selection of range guns you can rent, most of which they can order in for you pretty quickly if you like them. You'd for sure be able to wrap your mitts around a big selection from a lot of different manufacturers.

tuna quesadilla
09-18-2011, 3:26 PM
ADES in ORANGE ! I cannot believe anybody mentioned Ades!!! (On Chapman ave and East of Main in Orange, CA). They have a real gunsmith, and yes Ade sold the place but is still around. I do love the place. The folks who are there are really nice. (Things have changed in the last year).

There's a reason nobody suggested those jokers. :mad:

Black_Talon
09-18-2011, 5:04 PM
There's a reason nobody suggested those jokers. :mad:

Why? Has something about Ade's gone downhill since Ade left? I haven't been there since before they moved.

tuna quesadilla
09-18-2011, 5:53 PM
Why? Has something about Ade's gone downhill since Ade left? I haven't been there since before they moved.

They're overpriced, for one... but during the Obama scare they jacked up their prices like crazy. We're talking complete DPMS uppers, just plain M4-style, for $1,000.

I've done two PPTs there; one went OK, the other one had the disgruntled counter guy *****ing and moaning about how PPTs are such a waste of time for the shop, they only make $10 off of it, if it was up to him they wouldn't do PPTs, etc etc... Me and the other guy were just looking at each other like "is this guy for real?"

Went in earlier this year to see what they had in terms of .22 caliber AR stuff. Got there at their advertised opening time and they took their sweet time getting the shop opened, leaving me to wait in the parking lot. When they finally let me in, the boss lady herself gave me the run around on what inventory they did have, tried to present an obviously used upper as brand new, and of course was overpriced.

Last time I mentioned some of this on the forum, one of their counter jockeys (who always posts in defense of the shop) complained to the moderator and had my post deleted, and then sent me a scathing PM asking me what my malfunction was and accusing me of going into maximum troll mode. WTF? :rolleyes: I bet he's gonna follow me into this thread too and somehow attack me; just you wait...

After that little fiasco, I am done with Ade's.

ETA: Also, their "gunsmith" put a nice scratch on my G17 when I took it in to get night sights installed. But since I don't really have any proof that it wasn't scratched before hand (other than the fact that I KNOW it wasn't), he's innocent until proven guilty :mad: (but I'm sure Plisk will come along and call me a liar and have this post deleted, just you wait :p)

quarterscalelegends
09-18-2011, 8:27 PM
Saturday was a long FUN day. We hit a buch of shops and this is how it went. We left from south corona.

1-Fowlers. They had a very large selection. Nice combo of old and new guns. Impressive.

2-Turners Orange. As one would expect, nothing new to report.

3- Field time. Really nice store. Couple neat pieces.

3- Stockade. Really DARK inside, Horrible parking, store smelt bad and customers smelt even worse. Selection was probably OK, but we just could not spend one more minute in there.

4- Martin Retting. WOW, really cool shop! Huge selection and a ton of unique pieces. really impressed with this stop. glad we took the drive.

5- Alamo. Uhmmm, they had maybe 15 handguns. Clean for a pawn shop, actually really nice for a pawn shop. But i would not drive that far to see that again.

6- Turners. West covina. Worst selection of any turners we have seen.

7- Annie get your gun. Cute little shop with a decent selection. We have been there before (about a month ago) but they had almost the same exact inventory. I would recomend this store though and the owners are really nice.

8- The Shootist. We go here a lot but thought i would list it since we did go saturday. Nice selection of old and new guns all styles. Decent 1911 inventory.

Malmon
09-18-2011, 8:46 PM
ETA: Also, their "gunsmith" put a nice scratch on my G17 when I took it in to get night sights installed. But since I don't really have any proof that it wasn't scratched before hand (other than the fact that I KNOW it wasn't), he's innocent until proven guilty :mad: (but I'm sure Plisk will come along and call me a liar and have this post deleted, just you wait :p)

I guess I am not alone. Their gunsmith put an idiot scratch on my 1911 colt. Unfortunately, I did not notice it when I picked up the gun. One would think a gunsmith would know how to properly assemble a 1911.:facepalm:

g17owner
09-18-2011, 9:25 PM
Their gunsmith knows about long guns not pistols. I was in there and heard them talking about it. Says he 'knows' his way around a 1911. OK buddy. I had the same issues as others there. It was top notch facility when Ade owned it now unless someone insists to do a PPT there I avoid it. The female has no business there either. Not because she is a woman but because she doesn't know what she is talking about and gave me ***** about her guys doing a PPT and they had better things to do with their time. Totally rude. I said wont be by choice going back. I was interested in a nice 4 inch python they had there while waiting for said PPT and they wanted what seemed like a lot. They tried to tell me it was a special model. I got home ran the serial as to if it was a special edition or early release. Nope just a regular old python. I can't stand liars. Another PPT I did there (because the other party INSISTED on it) the counter guys were all chipper and helpful. Go figure, everyone is entitled to a bad day I guess. But, since it happened more than once I just rather not test it to see what mood they are in and go elsewhere.

zman
09-19-2011, 8:27 AM
Saturday was a long FUN day. We hit a buch of shops and this is how it went. We left from south corona.

1-Fowlers. They had a very large selection. Nice combo of old and new guns. Impressive.

3- Stockade. Really DARK inside, Horrible parking, store smelt bad and customers smelt even worse. Selection was probably OK, but we just could not spend one more minute in there.

4- Martin Retting. WOW, really cool shop! Huge selection and a ton of unique pieces. really impressed with this stop. glad we took the drive.

5- Alamo. Uhmmm, they had maybe 15 handguns. Clean for a pawn shop, actually really nice for a pawn shop. But i would not drive that far to see that again.

7- Annie get your gun. Cute little shop with a decent selection. We have been there before (about a month ago) but they had almost the same exact inventory. I would recomend this store though and the owners are really nice.

8- The Shootist. We go here a lot but thought i would list it since we did go saturday. Nice selection of old and new guns all styles. Decent 1911 inventory.

Nice report :) I like your style....reminds me of....me :43: Nothing like a nice day with the family discovering shops and possibly good eats too along the way!

Dark Mod
09-19-2011, 8:34 AM
1. Riflegear!!! they have all the cool toys you will ever need. They are always busy though
2. Fowlers but only for reloading supplies. They have a ton of inventory, but their prices are terrible
3. Turners - Turners sucks unless you catch something on special.

rogervzv
09-19-2011, 7:24 PM
I love Evan's in Orange.. small selection, but really good stuff and they have a range so you can shoot it while on DROS :)

They sometimes have smokin' deals on used/consignment stuff..

Roger that on the consignment stuff. Picked up a terrific Mark II Ruger there that way. And as you say, they let me shoot it while DROSing.

Gunbunny66
09-19-2011, 9:38 PM
Faith Armory in Temecula. Good prices, good service, good people.

quarterscalelegends
10-01-2011, 9:51 AM
Did a couple ppt's at riflegear the past couple weeks. Really good place to do it. Fast and friendly. They only really have AR stuff though. If your into that, they seem like they know a lot.

billybob_jcv
10-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I went to Greta's Guns and Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley yesterday.

Greta's Guns: Nice, clean, well-lit store, helpful staff, decent selection of handguns (very good for Ventura County). Store was busy for a Friday afternoon, but they had lots of staff, so no waiting. Prices were about average for an LGS. I was a little disappointed in their 1911 selection - they had a couple of Auto Ordnance and a couple of Colts that were out of my price range.

Fort Courage Armory was pretty much the opposite of Greta's Guns. Small store tucked back in the corner of a run-down little strip mall. Their handguns were mostly "vintage" (ie, pretty old & beat-up guns). They did have one display case with quite a few SA revolvers - but I think I would be concerned about whether they would really be good shooters. The store was empty, and the 2 guys working were nice enough - but I did get the sense I was interrupting their solitude. I suspect it's not a store with much walk-in traffic.

THE KID
11-17-2011, 9:21 PM

ALAMO!! That was a gun show weekend! Check us out again, we have over 200 guns out for sale.

drunktank
11-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Faith Armory in Temecula. I drive 4 times as far just to deal with Nate.

SVTNate
11-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Where can I get a fast and friendly PPT in or near either Orange or Tustin? Ade's was my shop for many years, shame that the reputation seems to have gone downhill since Ade sold. Ade is and always has been a gentleman and whether I wanted to buy a gun, ship a gun, or PPT, I used to always go to his old shop on Tustin (both of them, actually).

Cali-Shooter
11-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Last time I was at Riflegear, their handgun selection consisted of simply a handful of Glock and Sig 9mm's, but that made me focus more of my attention on one or the other, and I was drooling over the Sig.

I personally like Old West Guns in Industry city, what they lack in EBR-type rifles, they make up for it in the pistol counters. Everything from rhino-stopping 8'' barrel revolvers in .500 S&W, to the teeny subcompact baby beretta mousegun, and everything "standard" in between (Glocks, Sigs, S&W, etc).

Anchors
11-18-2011, 2:53 AM
Last time I was at Riflegear, their handgun selection consisted of simply a handful of Glock and Sig 9mm's, but that made me focus more of my attention on one or the other, and I was drooling over the Sig.

They have HKs and Springfields now too, but they'll special order pretty much anything you want and give you a good price on it too :]

tylerderdan
11-18-2011, 3:17 AM
Gunslingers in glendora is awesome!

Alamo in west cov is good.

Turners west cov. A few great staff others not so much.

Field time great staff and service but pricey

Jpcm
11-18-2011, 9:24 AM
I have been to turners in fountain valley about 10 times and have never experienced any bad service.. Maybe you receive what you put into it